Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:45:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD V Wigan  (Read 13718 times)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: TLOD V Wigan
« Reply #180 on April 10, 2021, 03:55:48 pm by dknward2 »
Nothing more than a consolation

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on April 10, 2021, 03:57:17 pm by Campsall rover »
That has been embarrassing.

Apart from the goal of course.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on April 10, 2021, 03:57:47 pm by PDX_Rover »
An early goal for us... game on.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on April 10, 2021, 03:58:08 pm by glosterred »
Would Louis Jones have done any better with the goals we've conceded?

Don’t think Balcombe was at fault for any of the goals, defending has been atrocious to say the least. Jones wouldn’t have stopped any of them

COYR

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on April 10, 2021, 03:58:28 pm by Pancho Regan »
Not sure if it was the case on Monday but the good news is we're currently mathematically safe.

A major rethink from top to bottom is needed for next season.
Keep running playing side of the club the way we are and it's going to end in tears.

Why don’t you just bore off?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on April 10, 2021, 03:59:02 pm by RobTheRover »
At least iFollow flood you with adverts at half time so we don't have to rewatch all Wigan's highlights.....

The players need to show some pride in this 2nd half, just like the Hull game.  Same ht scoreline and we won the 2nd half 2-0.  Are Wigan better than Hull? Are they f**k.

Come on Rovers. Roll those sleeves up and get into them! The season is now hanging by a thread. It's now or never.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on April 10, 2021, 03:59:24 pm by redarmy82 »
Not sure if it was the case on Monday but the good news is we're currently mathematically safe.

A major rethink from top to bottom is needed for next season.
Keep running playing side of the club the way we are and it's going to end in tears.

Why don’t you just bore off?

:crying:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on April 10, 2021, 04:00:20 pm by Filo »
At least iFollow flood you with adverts at half time so we don't have to rewatch all Wigan's highlights.....

The players need to show some pride in this 2nd half, just like the Hull game.  Same ht scoreline and we won the 2nd half 2-0.  Are Wigan better than Hull? Are they f**k.

Come on Rovers. Roll those sleeves up and get into them! The season is now hanging by a thread. It's now or never.

This group have no fight in them

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on April 10, 2021, 04:01:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Tactically poor, mentally weak and drifting without control.  No positives in that half.  It wasn't the easiest job for Butler but it's just not working.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on April 10, 2021, 04:01:36 pm by PDX_Rover »
Some commotion at half time. One of their players grabbed and ushered off by his team mate. One of their coaches seemed to approach Lokilo who shrugged him off and then their keeper and one of their players were having a right pop at the referee.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on April 10, 2021, 04:01:56 pm by redarmy82 »
It sounds like he has the job til the end of the season whatever happens.

At any other club in the country he'd be gone after today.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on April 10, 2021, 04:02:14 pm by anton123 »
S M was it a guess when u said we will have a new manager in before the end of the season or have u been informed we are already looking as has butler also been informed?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on April 10, 2021, 04:02:28 pm by Pancho Regan »
We'll  have a new manager in place by the time this season finishes, so I doubt that AB will be walking away from this despite it being as poor as it gets.

If it isn't announced by Monday I think the club will struggle to attract any paying fans for our remaining games this season.

Are you speaking for yourself?
The club can count on this paying fan because I’m a supporter.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on April 10, 2021, 04:03:03 pm by drfchound »
The Wigan players seem more confident than us, stronger than us and faster than us.
I know confidence is a big thing but good grief, we just look like a team of boys against a good mans team.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on April 10, 2021, 04:03:10 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Nothing more than a consolation

Come on, man...think a bit more positive! :)

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on April 10, 2021, 04:05:15 pm by BVB »
can the club see the transfer and contract policy it has adopted clearly isn't working?
[/quote]

Well, it seemed to work fine up to December when we had the best points tally for many a year.
And the loans under McCann didn’t do too badly either.

So perhaps it’s more about man management, coping with injuries, managers leaving at a moment’s notice etc rather than a policy?

just my opinion on things.

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on April 10, 2021, 04:06:29 pm by Donny Dub »
It’s all about pride and determination and we’re not showing any!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on April 10, 2021, 04:06:35 pm by RobTheRover »

This group have no fight in them

I'm sure they do, Dave, but confidence is so obviously at rock bottom. 45 minutes of balls out attack like we saw us do earlier in the season and who knows? This game might not be over just yet.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on April 10, 2021, 04:07:19 pm by redarmy82 »
can the club see the transfer and contract policy it has adopted clearly isn't working?

Well, it seemed to work fine up to December when we had the best points tally for many a year.

So perhaps it’s more about man management, coping with injuries, managers leaving at a moment’s notice etc rather than a policy?

[/quote]

It's all very well when things are going well, but then when the chips are down, those who know they won't be here next season or know they'll be back at their parent club, the effort will subside. They won't give a shit. We saw it with the players we had during "the experiment"

The McCann squad wasn't as reliant on loans and short term contracts as this one is, and had quality such as Whiteman and Marquis which we haven't come close to replacing.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on April 10, 2021, 04:07:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
Come on lads.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on April 10, 2021, 04:07:48 pm by anton123 »
The main problem I’m seeing on the attacking side is we only score goals u usually see once a month during a season but not scoring all the other goals in between them , which I’m afraid comes from the management team not drilling players during training about patterns of play ect and how to individually affect the game

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on April 10, 2021, 04:09:23 pm by BobG »

[/quote

Hear hear BVB! Somebody with eyes to see and a brain to think! Thank you.

BobG

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on April 10, 2021, 04:10:10 pm by Not Now Kato »
Wot, no dugout shelters..?
Perhaps some subs have been getting too cosy in there.

Haven’t had any all season, and they won’t be coming back either.

Might as well give them the full stand next season. No one will be coming to watch this shower.

I’m sure if you try hard enough you can summon up even more negative stuff to share with us all.

I seriously wonder why some people bother watching DRFC as they quite clearly get no enjoyment out of it.

What is there to enjoy exactly?

The owners are blind to the problems that everyone else can see.

How are they? They watch the same game as we do and are disappointed as we are as well.

So please explain how they are blind to the problems.

Well, if I were TB I'd be sacking a number of players after this and our other recent performances! It's one thing being disappointed, something else entirely doing something about it! 

We need a complete overhaul!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on April 10, 2021, 04:10:39 pm by redarmy82 »

[/quote

Hear hear BVB! Somebody with eyes to see and a brain to think! Thank you.

BobG

Wrong again.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on April 10, 2021, 04:11:31 pm by RoversAlias »
We'll  have a new manager in place by the time this season finishes, so I doubt that AB will be walking away from this despite it being as poor as it gets.

If it isn't announced by Monday I think the club will struggle to attract any paying fans for our remaining games this season.

Are you speaking for yourself?
The club can count on this paying fan because I’m a supporter.

I'm glad they can, but I can guarantee you that plenty won't be paying again after today. That's just a fact. There's people in this thread saying they've put the Liverpool and Barnsley games on or gone off to do some gardening.

I've paid over £500 watching games this season and I've sat through every second of every game. I'm seriously considering not doing it again until next season because I sit here fuming every Saturday at the moment wondering if it's worth it.

And yes, I'm still sat here hoping we can turn it around instead of going to the Asda as I've been asked to.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on April 10, 2021, 04:11:45 pm by silent majority »
S M was it a guess when u said we will have a new manager in before the end of the season or have u been informed we are already looking as has butler also been informed?

You need to re-read what I wrote.

It's not a guess either.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on April 10, 2021, 04:12:34 pm by BVB »

It's all very well when things are going well, but then when the chips are down, those who know they won't be here next season or know they'll be back at their parent club, the effort will subside. They won't give a shit. We saw it with the players we had during "the experiment"

The McCann squad wasn't as reliant on loans and short term contracts as this one is, and had quality such as Whiteman and Marquis which we haven't come close to replacing.
[/quote]

So you agree then, it’s about the management of what we have regardless of their contract status. It looks like that was fantastic up to XmAs or so, but since for some reason has been pants. And yes McCann wasn’t reliant as much but they were great loans the board got in, yes? They facilitated the requirements of both Mc Cann and Moore did they not.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on April 10, 2021, 04:13:42 pm by silent majority »
Wot, no dugout shelters..?
Perhaps some subs have been getting too cosy in there.

Haven’t had any all season, and they won’t be coming back either.

Might as well give them the full stand next season. No one will be coming to watch this shower.

I’m sure if you try hard enough you can summon up even more negative stuff to share with us all.

I seriously wonder why some people bother watching DRFC as they quite clearly get no enjoyment out of it.

What is there to enjoy exactly?

The owners are blind to the problems that everyone else can see.

How are they? They watch the same game as we do and are disappointed as we are as well.

So please explain how they are blind to the problems.

Well, if I were TB I'd be sacking a number of players after this and our other recent performances! It's one thing being disappointed, something else entirely doing something about it! 

We need a complete overhaul!

Well we need to wait for a transfer window to do what you're asking.

Belle Vue Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on April 10, 2021, 04:15:48 pm by Belle Vue Boy »
Neil Harris was sat on the Sky Sofa earlier would be a good appointment for me or even approached to run this until end of the season

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on April 10, 2021, 04:15:55 pm by redarmy82 »

So you agree then, it’s about the management of what we have regardless of their contract status. It looks like that was fantastic up to XmAs or so, but since for some reason has been pants. And yes McCann wasn’t reliant as much but they were great loans the board got in, yes? They facilitated the requirements of both Mc Cann and Moore did they not.
[/quote]

No there is a difference.

The squad we have now is primarily short term contracts and loan signings. It wasn't under McCann. It was similar last season. Then every summer, we have the same high churn of players. Zero stability.

You cannot achieve our target of promotion running a squad of players like that. The squad will always have half an eye on next season, looking at where they will be playing their trade when their current contract expires. They won't be fully invested in the cause.

A major rethink of the transfer policy is needed. Look at the clubs in the top six. Someone posted the top two clubs have four loan signings between them. How many do we have?

What we are doing is not working.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012