Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:16:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barring 97/98...  (Read 3403 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Barring 97/98...
« on April 13, 2021, 08:50:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
...I have never in my entire life seen a Rovers team just throw in the towel.

Doesn't matter how bad you are, there is basic professional pride.

But that third goal tonight. I cannot believe what I have just seen. That is a side that has totally lost its pride and professionalism. Outside 97/98, I don't think I've ever been more embarrassed of the Rovers than I was watching that.

Everyone, from the Board, through Butler to the players should be ashamed of what they have allowed to develop over this past couple of months. Absolutely ashamed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Barring 97/98...
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2021, 08:51:39 pm by normal rules »
It’s a good job supporters are not allowed in. This is protest invoking performances.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2021, 08:53:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
One of the defenders should have just booted it past the keeper for an own goal. At least it would have shown some intent.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2021, 08:54:57 pm by dijit8 »
The poor run under Ferguson had similar moments, Colchester away was embarrassing

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2021, 08:55:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
The poor run under Ferguson had similar moments, Colchester away was embarrassing

I think that Colchester game on the Good Friday in the relegation season was the worst since we came back in to the league.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2021, 08:56:30 pm by normal rules »
Anything positive in the first half has been completely overshadowed by the capitulation in the second.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2021, 08:59:26 pm by colincramb »
They’ve made us a laughing stock again. And still, with each hammering that unfolds week after week, STILL not one supposed leader in the entire shambolic organisation is prepared to get a f**king grip of the situation.

Nothing short of embarrassment had set in, yet nobody feels that’s unacceptable apart from the fans. Collectively this has caused more damage to the club than they might realise.

Lost for words

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2021, 09:00:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not talking about bad performances. I'm talking about simply giving up.

Watch that third goal again.

Free kick 45 yards out. Taken short. The player has jogged unchallenged to the corner of the box. Lobbed in a cross. Header at the back post without a Rovers player within three yards of the player. Landed at the feet of a player in the six yard box with his back to goal who was able to bring it down and lay it off to another unmarked player on the edge of the six yard box.

Other than Wright making a powder puff challenge against the player with his back to goal, there wasn't a single Rovers player who got themselves into position to make Burton work for that goal, or made an effort to challenge them. That is as spineless as I have ever seen.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2021, 09:01:34 pm by MachoMadness »
Thing is, I knew as soon as the first one went in. I knew it would end in a humping. And I knew we'd give up.

Imagine being a footballer and not caring how many goals you concede. I got pissed off in the school team whenever we conceded. Nobody at the club seems to give a shit right now.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2021, 09:02:17 pm by mushRTID »
They’ve made us a laughing stock again. And still, with each hammering that unfolds week after week, STILL not one supposed leader in the entire shambolic organisation is prepared to get a f**king grip of the situation.

Nothing short of embarrassment had set in, yet nobody feels that’s unacceptable apart from the fans. Collectively this has caused more damage to the club than they might realise.

Lost for words

Agreed.

I said on Saturday evening it feels like nobody at the club could care less at how we’ve thrown the season away.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2021, 09:02:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
We just need a good performance or two so we can end the season on some kind of uptick. Don't even need to win, just play well so this season doesn't lead to some deep mental psychological damage.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2021, 09:04:11 pm by jmt23 »
where do we go from here?

I can't make a case to keep any of them, AJ & Copps only.

We area shambles at the back, and they just panic at every opportunity, but that's not helped by the non existent midfield. Ive stuck up for Bogle, and he showed one bit of brilliant play in the first half, that shows if he wants to, he can, but all to often it looks like he is just jogging between the centre circle and box, doing nothing much.

I have always liked Smith, just pure effort from the first game with us, but I am wondering if he is just a busy fool, or just a casualty of this poor team.

I am hoping for a total clear out, I doubt we could afford it though

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2021, 09:05:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
Having watched this game for first time in weeks first half was ok. But even in that Bogle did nothing in the game. The two centre midfield players are nice but are slow and are not strong enough for a two. We lost the centre of the pitch and were over powered for the second and third goals. Copps and Sims faded after the first half we couldn’t get the Okenabirhie into the game. I’ll say again Bogle was poor all game.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2021, 09:06:11 pm by Filo »
I just wish we could have been in the Stadium to let our feelings known, these f**kers have no backbone at all

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2021, 09:06:25 pm by colincramb »
If 2 sides like Burton and Wigan can put 7 past us at home in 2 games, just think what Peterborough will do to us away and at home.

Those 2 games really could get truly embarrassing.

With fergie as well. It couldn’t get much worse

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 13, 2021, 09:07:03 pm by MachoMadness »
I really do think the damage from this will bleed over into the next season and we could struggle. Maybe I'm just extremely pissed off after that performance but it really feels like something is rotten at the club right now.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 13, 2021, 09:09:19 pm by graingrover »
How can he ask them to play out from the back with such ponderous, clumsy, slow center-backs who after passing sideways to each other lump it into no man's land time and time again? He took off one of the few midfielders who was trying to link with the forwards and bang .. three more in the back of our net.I dare not look at the form tables for our last ten games for I am sure we are bottom and adrift.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 13, 2021, 09:10:54 pm by normal rules »
I really do think the damage from this will bleed over into the next season and we could struggle. Maybe I'm just extremely pissed off after that performance but it really feels like something is rotten at the club right now.

Yep. The legacy of this collapse will have an effect for some months. And this will stick with any players still here next season. A losing mentality breeds discontent. It’s a tough one to shake off.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 13, 2021, 09:11:33 pm by River Don »
Well there have been some high, highs and some desperate lows following Rovers over the years but I have never seen anything like this.

Just a few weeks ago we were getting excited about a potential run to automatic promotion. Now we are just thankful there enough points already in the bag to avoid relegation.

It really defies belief.

I'll say it again. I don't think they are doing AB any favours persisting with this.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 13, 2021, 09:14:14 pm by acacia94 »
Its really bad boys and girls but even a moderately decent manager will be able to sort out this sack of shit situation. We'll want of course something much better than moderately good so lets hope we're seeing a 'as bad as it can get' type situation and look forward to better times.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 13, 2021, 09:17:26 pm by graingrover »

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 13, 2021, 09:22:38 pm by Danmckay456 »
At least in 1997/1998 we never had a hope this season the hope has killed us , I remember the Chester 2-1 win on a Tuesday night in 1997 when super Mike smith scored and we about 500 odd were there on a cold November’s night and the smiles on the faces at full time

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 13, 2021, 09:24:57 pm by StocksArmy »
Im dead inside now watching us. I know whats going to happen, I predict where our pass is going to go and wait for the other team to take it of us whether it be a sh!t pass, sh!t first touch or we are easily pushed off it and then the inevitable happens. And im passed caring when the ball hits the net either end of the pitch. Shambles.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 13, 2021, 09:26:39 pm by Janso »
where do we go from here?

I can't make a case to keep any of them, AJ & Copps only.

We area shambles at the back, and they just panic at every opportunity, but that's not helped by the non existent midfield. Ive stuck up for Bogle, and he showed one bit of brilliant play in the first half, that shows if he wants to, he can, but all to often it looks like he is just jogging between the centre circle and box, doing nothing much.

I have always liked Smith, just pure effort from the first game with us, but I am wondering if he is just a busy fool, or just a casualty of this poor team.

I am hoping for a total clear out, I doubt we could afford it though

Horton wasn't bad at all, imo.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 13, 2021, 09:31:51 pm by ravenrover »
Hate to say this but will a new manager want to offer Copps a contract? On the few games I've watched emphasis on few, this Copps is not the Copps of old

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 13, 2021, 09:33:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Thought Copps was probably best player in first half. Some really excellent wide play and balls into the box.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 13, 2021, 09:34:02 pm by sheffield exile1 »
At least in 1997/1998 we never had a hope this season the hope has killed us , I remember the Chester 2-1 win on a Tuesday night in 1997 when super Mike smith scored and we about 500 odd were there on a cold November’s night and the smiles on the faces at full time

Sure you don't mean Peterborough away 1.0 when Smith scored that bloody awful season? I was also at Colchester that day. Come on get a grip we are truly awful at the moment, but hey ho.. keep the faith please people, tomorrow (next season) is another day and yes I will be renewing my ST when asked, but I am apprehensive about how many will in this climate.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 13, 2021, 09:36:47 pm by MachoMadness »
Hate to say this but will a new manager want to offer Copps a contract? On the few games I've watched emphasis on few, this Copps is not the Copps of old
What can he do? He's in a team of players who don't give a shit under a manager who doesn't know what system he wants to play. Lionel Messi wouldn't look good in that situation.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 13, 2021, 09:37:12 pm by sha66y »
We have 21 points to lose from now on till the end.....let’s hope we do it with panache,
Then whoever is witnessing this shambles from the clubs white tower can issue a statement letting the fans know which direction we are headed...

This team playing tonight should be relegated ....but some of them will get an unearned reprieve....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 13, 2021, 09:39:38 pm by Filo »
We saw a savvy manager that knew he needed to change things, and we saw a clueless manager that didn’t do anything to change things

TinyPortal © 2005-2012