Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 05:16:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question for SM  (Read 3415 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Question for SM
« on April 13, 2021, 09:30:22 pm by Fal »
Obviously at this minute we are extremely disappointed (and a lot are angry) with the way things have suddenly turned this season.

Are the club aware of the current fans backlash towards everything? There is hardly any positive supporter right now and i would feel for Butts and the board if we were allowed in the stadium to witness what is going on.

Aside from the manager role being advertised its like there has been no mention of the issues within the squad as touted by yourself on a previous post or any other reasoning for the awful performances and results we are watching or what is being done to address said issues. Obviously i understand things are done internally and as a fan we won't get to know everything but right now it just feels no responsibility has been accepted and no recognition of fault in anyway.

Are you able to provide any insight to restore that the club is doing anything to restore the current lost faith in club? (managerial application aside) I hope you understand where i am getting at and this is by no way a bashing like some other threads just an extremely disappointed supporter in what we are currently seeing (i know we all are).

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Question for SM
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2021, 09:32:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think you can tell from the club communications over the last few days that they know the line has been crossed. Most interesting were some of the comments from Shaun Lockwood doing co-commentary tonight. He made reference to the Instagram post from Taylor Richards after the defeat on Saturday, saying words to effect that we don't need that kind of behaviour at the club.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2021, 09:42:49 pm by godlike1 »
I think you can tell from the club communications over the last few days that they know the line has been crossed. Most interesting were some of the comments from Shaun Lockwood doing co-commentary tonight. He made reference to the Instagram post from Taylor Richards after the defeat on Saturday, saying words to effect that we don't need that kind of behaviour at the club.

What was he doing?

Tbh I think the board believe they know better than us and we're just a bunch of reactionary fans with no idea on what it takes to run a football club. ........hang on, pot. Kettle.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2021, 09:47:47 pm by GazLaz »
This is the negative side of short term thinking regarding recruitment. We had the up side with Kane and Wilks getting us to the playoffs, this is what can happen if it goes wrong. You have to completely start from scratch with the playing squad in turmoil.

Alarm bells have been ringing with fans for a while regarding the recent approach, reform needed.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2021, 09:54:21 pm by normal rules »
What did Taylor Richards put on Instagram?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2021, 09:55:17 pm by keith79 »
His goal

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2021, 09:56:10 pm by Filo »
What did Taylor Richards put on Instagram?

His goal from the 1-4 at the weekend

A look at me kind of post, when the team have been losing consistantly

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2021, 09:59:50 pm by normal rules »
Oh. What a whopper.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2021, 10:03:37 pm by jmt23 »
Naive granted, but he should be rightly proud of the goal  He seems to be the focus of all the anger at the club, this isn't one players fault, they are collectively not good enough.  At least he tries to make a difference by shooting, I just wish other players would shoot.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2021, 10:12:12 pm by Janso »

What was he doing?

Tbh I think the board believe they know better than us and we're just a bunch of reactionary fans with no idea on what it takes to run a football club.

They'd be spot on about some of the fan base if they did.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2021, 04:56:25 pm by silent majority »
Obviously at this minute we are extremely disappointed (and a lot are angry) with the way things have suddenly turned this season.

Are the club aware of the current fans backlash towards everything? There is hardly any positive supporter right now and i would feel for Butts and the board if we were allowed in the stadium to witness what is going on.

Aside from the manager role being advertised its like there has been no mention of the issues within the squad as touted by yourself on a previous post or any other reasoning for the awful performances and results we are watching or what is being done to address said issues. Obviously i understand things are done internally and as a fan we won't get to know everything but right now it just feels no responsibility has been accepted and no recognition of fault in anyway.

Are you able to provide any insight to restore that the club is doing anything to restore the current lost faith in club? (managerial application aside) I hope you understand where i am getting at and this is by no way a bashing like some other threads just an extremely disappointed supporter in what we are currently seeing (i know we all are).

I'm not sure what the actual question is, but;

Are they aware of the discontentment amongst supporters? Of course, some supporters are very good at firing off emails to the club to let them know how angry they are! And it forms part of our discussions when we converse, so I always make them aware of supporters feelings.

Your second point is about acknowledging the situation with the squad. And yes of course these things are settled internally, but I'm sure the club will reference these issues shortly.

And yes, the club will be hoping to restore your faith/confidence in the short term. You'll have to wait a day or so, but there'll be communication from the club to cover these issues.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2021, 05:26:39 pm by ravenrover »
An old head to help AB  as Flynn did with RJ?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 15, 2021, 10:29:33 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Oh. What a whopper.

I think he's an easy target, I think its naive but not much different to Copps posting "Three more to 100 career goals" on LinkedIn with his Bristol Rovers goal.
Granted Copps can do anything he wants, and he is giving 100%

I see Taylor has deleted his social media, imagine the club have had a word.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 15, 2021, 10:31:17 am by GazLaz »
Oh. What a whopper.

I think he's an easy target, I think its naive but not much different to Copps posting "Three more to 100 career goals" on LinkedIn with his Bristol Rovers goal.

Good post. I don’t think the Richards post was the brightest thing to do but I saw it and wasn’t bothered by it.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2021, 08:52:41 pm by chrisd_123 »
Oh. What a whopper.

Good post. I don’t think the Richards post was the brightest thing to do but I saw it and wasn’t bothered by it.

Absolutely. I don’t agree with players who do this but he’s a young lad obviously proud of his own ability etc.

Alfie Beestin shared about 7/8 posts the other night of people bigging him up. He scored the one in a 4-1 defeat for Scunny. But they’re young lads in 2021 it happens.

Not ideal but not the worst thing happening right now.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 15, 2021, 09:40:36 pm by Fal »

Are they aware of the discontentment amongst supporters? Of course, some supporters are very good at firing off emails to the club to let them know how angry they are! And it forms part of our discussions when we converse, so I always make them aware of supporters feelings.

Your second point is about acknowledging the situation with the squad. And yes of course these things are settled internally, but I'm sure the club will reference these issues shortly.

And yes, the club will be hoping to restore your faith/confidence in the short term. You'll have to wait a day or so, but there'll be communication from the club to cover these issues.

There was clearly two questions so please dont start with a sarcastic comment like that. However, thank you for acknowledging and answering them.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:22:34 pm by Fal »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 15, 2021, 10:24:08 pm by silent majority »

There was clearly two questions so please dont start with a sarcastic comment like that. However, thank you for acknowledging and answering them.

There was no sarcasm in my answer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012