Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:04:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So what do we do now  (Read 2514 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
So what do we do now
« on April 24, 2021, 06:48:38 pm by the vicar »
We have been playing with no ideas since early February, so do we carry on with the rubbish we have on loan and the dead wood, but I think they have all had enough chances.  Or do we bring in our own kids abs see what they can do in the remainder of the games, AB keep making changes, 4 today, if we keep it as it is we are never going to know what the kids handle it, but we need to find out before next season, in my view we should go with the kids.  The so called experienced players just keep playing the ball sideways and back to the keeper with no movement in to the box when we have players that can run at there defence, so let’s give them a bloody chance

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: So what do we do now
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2021, 06:53:36 pm by sha66y »
What he ^ said

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2021, 06:58:34 pm by EasyforDennis »
We have been playing with no ideas since early February, so do we carry on with the rubbish we have on loan and the dead wood, but I think they have all had enough chances.  Or do we bring in our own kids abs see what they can do in the remainder of the games, AB keep making changes, 4 today, if we keep it as it is we are never going to know what the kids handle it, but we need to find out before next season, in my view we should go with the kids.  The so called experienced players just keep playing the ball sideways and back to the keeper with no movement in to the box when we have players that can run at there defence, so let’s give them a bloody chance

In principle I agree But when you look at the remaining fixtures is it fair on the youngsters? I would rather see this excuse for a team get 2 hammerings from Peterborough than have the possibility of our youngsters having to endure it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2021, 07:01:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If we put the kids in we'll get beat easily. Would us fans be prepared to put up with that?  :unsure:

;)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2021, 07:06:37 pm by sha66y »
If we put the kids in we'll get beat easily. Would us fans be prepared to put up with that?  :unsure:

Yes of course!
If just to be able to have a justifiable reason for the defeat

;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2021, 07:07:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Play Greaves, & Horton yes but throwing in 5/6 kids would destroy their confidence.
We have 3 of our 4 remaining games against 2 very good teams.
Think we would be getting a hiding to be honest without the senior players.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2021, 07:09:57 pm by the vicar »
And we won’t with the usual suspects like

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2021, 07:13:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
Play the strongest team. Every game. Keep tesm management professional at least.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2021, 07:15:38 pm by Canadian Rover »
Play all players that are contracted or that are looking to sign contracts with DRFC for next season. 6 younger lads would be great to see in the team for sure. NO loan players at all (unless talks are underway for them to sign as a Rovers player).

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2021, 07:20:03 pm by Donnyjim »
May as well pull 11 dome heads in from town. They will show more urgency than any shower o shite in current squad.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2021, 07:35:02 pm by EasyforDennis »
Play Greaves, & Horton yes but throwing in 5/6 kids would destroy their confidence.
We have 3 of our 4 remaining games against 2 very good teams.
Think we would be getting a hiding to be honest without the senior players.

I think we will be getting a hiding either way unfortunately.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2021, 09:30:12 pm by Campsall rover »
And we won’t with the usual suspects like
Possibly Dave but we don’t need to destroy our kids do we.
There is absolutely no mileage in bringing them in to a team that’s rock bottom.

Yes introduce 1 or 2 maybe but throwing in half a team would be detrimental to their development imo.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2021, 09:35:00 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Get Ravenhill in

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2021, 10:07:38 pm by since-1969 »
Play all players that are contracted or that are looking to sign contracts with DRFC for next season. 6 younger lads would be great to see in the team for sure. NO loan players at all (unless talks are underway for them to sign as a Rovers player).
I wouldn’t take any of the loans now. Better to build from a fresh start with players who still want to play fir a club not for themselves  to benefit! recruitment should start  today !!!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 24, 2021, 10:08:36 pm by 5minstogo »
Pray

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 24, 2021, 10:19:52 pm by roverstillidie91 »
It isn't going to happen unfortunately. Like it has been quoted DM decided to sign more loan players to cope with the fixture congestion.

I still support us signing loan players it is only because of the poor form we have had that people are playing the blame game and finding anything to blame.

I don't see many of the contracted players covering themselves in glory at this moment in time.

Question is would fans rather have 2 or 3 loan players who are of better quality than not recruiting them and signing 2 or 3 on permanent contracts of inferior quality.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 24, 2021, 10:26:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Okenabirhie
James-------------Coppinger
Bostock Ravenhill
Greaves
Horton Butler Anderson Wright
Jones

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 24, 2021, 10:31:37 pm by since-1969 »
Okenabirhie
Bostock Ravenhill
Greaves
Jones
wouldn’t out of place in L2

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2021, 10:35:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Okenabirhie
Bostock Ravenhill
Greaves
Jones
wouldn’t out of place in L2

You're not seeing the point then.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2021, 10:43:02 pm by RoversAlias »
A midfield of Greaves, Bostock and Ravenhill would get absolutely destroyed. They're all holding midfielders for a start, two of them are massively inexperienced and the other was basically stealing a wage in today's game.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 24, 2021, 10:55:40 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We’re getting destroyed every game regardless though. If Greaves and Ravenhill can improve by playing at this level or we see enough to think there worth a new contract then in these games we might as well!

Every game greaves has played in I think he’s done ok whereas the others are poor every week.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 24, 2021, 11:31:42 pm by 5minstogo »
Ravenhill can't play due to Covid protocols.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 24, 2021, 11:46:28 pm by Pliskin »
Our young players should be eased into the first team properly. Not just all suddenly chucked into someone else's mess of a team on a hiding to nothing.

The first team should go out and face the music, putting their reputations on line, four more times. Then they can piss off.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 25, 2021, 02:12:32 am by Bailey Vickerage »
I’ve been saying for the last month or 2 that we should be playing Horton, Jones and Greaves because they’ve been in and out of the team since butler came in so they should be playing the last 4 games imo, I wouldn’t Chuck too many youngsters in because then if/when we get beat their confidence will just go down and we can’t bring anyone up from the u18s anyway because of Covid.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 25, 2021, 05:56:40 am by elmsallrover »
Should play the strongest team it's only fair for the rest of the league

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 25, 2021, 08:29:04 am by since-1969 »
Should play the strongest team it's only fair for the rest of the league
I thought we had already ... it’s just that we been found out not to be good enough with guidance of an “Actual” manager instead of one who’s actions are more like a rabbit caught in the headlights .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 25, 2021, 08:40:20 am by the vicar »

;)
and the first team don’t get beat easy, look at yesterday’s game defence was ok till the goal then, was it Joe Write that pulled in far to far in to the middle, you could see him looking at the winger and not making a move then after the long pass he hesitantly started to make a move, but by then it was to late. I don’t think the kids would make that sort of mistake

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 25, 2021, 08:44:10 am by steve@dcfd »
Why play the kids the new manager whose part of his remit is top six will not be playing them next year.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 25, 2021, 10:03:29 am by nortikorner »
By putting the youngster in what does that say ,are you protecting the so call senior players from a hiding, make them face up to professional football no hiding place  ,No coppinger ,no butler, no james ,   no jones they have served us well oh of course tom anderson

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 25, 2021, 01:16:09 pm by Red wizard »
Do a prize draw and give a fan a chance to play. They would probably show more effort. If only we could do that.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:00:51 pm by Red wizard »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012