Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:35:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Never  (Read 2662 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Never
« on May 09, 2021, 02:29:34 pm by selby »
  Has a player been given such a poor squad of uncaring players to try and win his first job on the managers ladder.
   If Butler had known the lack of attitude and pride this lot have shown when asked, no doubt he would have refused the offer.
   The players a few excepted have been a disgrace.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Never
« Reply #1 on May 09, 2021, 03:08:40 pm by tyke1962 »
  Has a player been given such a poor squad of uncaring players to try and win his first job on the managers ladder.
   If Butler had known the lack of attitude and pride this lot have shown when asked, no doubt he would have refused the offer.

What's astounded me viewing from a distance so to speak Selby is the fact most of your squad are young players who should be hungry to prove themselves and make a name for themselves in the game .

You generally as a rule get this with the older one last payday circuit pros , whether Bostock and Bogle fall in to that category only you lads know .

After the good run came to end the team completely collapsed , if the season had continued for another 10 games you'd have done well to avoid the drop .

However there's an opportunity to rebuild the squad under a new manager this summer and go again next season .

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 09, 2021, 03:11:02 pm by EasyforDennis »

What's astounded me viewing from a distance so to speak Selby is the fact most of your squad are young players who should be hungry to prove themselves and make a name for themselves in the game .

You generally as a rule get this with the older one last payday circuit pros , whether Bostock and Bogle fall in to that category only you lads know .

After the good run came to end the team completely collapsed , if the season had continued for another 10 games you'd have done well to avoid the drop .

However there's an opportunity to rebuild the squad under a new manager this summer and go again next season .

If the season had another 10 games to go we would have been relegated. There is no doubt about it.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 09, 2021, 03:27:05 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
No doubt we’d be relegated if that was the case we can all agree. Worry for me is this type of form often carry on into new seasons and sets the tone for next year. Luckily we’re have a big clear out including manager so hopefully that momentum factor isn’t such a big deal.

Any player we retain from this squad next year is immediately on very thin ice and has a lot to prove. I don’t even feel like giving them a clean slate to be honest.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 09, 2021, 05:04:01 pm by the vicar »

Tyke.  I don’t think Bogle falls in to any category in terms of a player, as he is not one of them he should be a sweeper in the stands for me.  I said when he came here a few times that he was lazzzzy and no good and I got shot down, but I had seen him playing for other clubs and listen to there fans so it was easy for me to make a honest observation

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 09, 2021, 05:52:01 pm by tyke1962 »

Tyke.  I don’t think Bogle falls in to any category in terms of a player, as he is not one of them he should be a sweeper in the stands for me.  I said when he came here a few times that he was lazzzzy and no good and I got shot down, but I had seen him playing for other clubs and listen to there fans so it was easy for me to make a honest observation

I was amazed when you signed him to be honest Vicar .

A player very much on the way down after promising in league two at the cod heads .

Couldn't cut it in the championship and has struggled for quite a while since .

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 09, 2021, 05:57:34 pm by EasyforDennis »

A player very much on the way down after promising in league two at the cod heads .

Maybe he ticked 2 of the 3 boxes. Unfortunately he failed on the 3rd. He isn't even an average footballer.  :chair: :that:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 09, 2021, 06:01:29 pm by vaya »

Maybe he ticked 2 of the 3 boxes. Unfortunately he failed on the 3rd. He isn't even an average footballer.  :chair: :that:

Thought he'd improved today. He's usually five yards off the pace. Seemed to have got it down to four and a half.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 09, 2021, 06:31:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bogle had two good opportunities today but the poor guy, they were both comical. Think one he kicked in to his own face or something. If it wasn’t so bad it would be funny.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 09, 2021, 06:41:14 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I want to know who we’ve got to blame for him? Is it DM or AH? Very worrying for Villa if it’s AH. Good news for us next season if it’s DM

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 09, 2021, 06:51:24 pm by Surrey Rover »
I hope Paul Hurst might come in for Bogle, his goals helped Grimsby up from the Conference in 2016 under Hurst’s  leadership. Opportunity for the two to try again for The Mariners next season maybe?

CaptainStock

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 09, 2021, 07:29:00 pm by CaptainStock »
If Bogle is still here next season then I'm convinced he's paying us.

He really frustrated me today, offers very little. When I saw him start upfront today it made me miss Mark McCammon.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 09, 2021, 08:23:35 pm by NickDRFC »

He really frustrated me today, offers very little. When I saw him start upfront today it made me miss Mark McCammon.

We have had some absolute dross play up front for us over the years but McCammon was very effective under SOD. Definitely not someone I’d use as a comparison to the shit we’re currently serving up. He rarely played up front either, usually as a battering ram from the left.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 09, 2021, 08:26:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

We have had some absolute dross play up front for us over the years but McCammon was very effective under SOD. Definitely not someone I’d use as a comparison to the shit we’re currently serving up. He rarely played up front either, usually as a battering ram from the left.

Yeah he was decent for us. Not sure it was that he was a good player more that SOD used him so well and we were just a lot better all over. Playing a wide target man isn’t something I’ve seen a lot since but it really worked.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 09, 2021, 08:30:40 pm by the vicar »
I remember McCammon at Brentford in the cup he scored a very good goal

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2021, 02:21:55 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
McCammon was effective & always put a shift in.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2021, 02:47:52 pm by Campsall rover »
What about the one that went through a hole in the net at Brentford. Was that not the McCammon goal in the same match. Think the ref spotted it and gave the goal.

Always enjoyed going to Griffin Park. Do not know what it was about that place. Maybe just a proper old fashioned football ground. Very close to the pitch.

Loved it all the more after that  Copps winner on 27/04/13
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:55:12 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2021, 02:56:48 pm by Campsall rover »
That 1st ever goal scored at the Keepmoat wasn’t bad either.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2021, 04:21:42 pm by idler »
What about the one that went through a hole in the net at Brentford. Was that not the McCammon goal in the same match. Think the ref spotted it and gave the goal.

Always enjoyed going to Griffin Park. Do not know what it was about that place. Maybe just a proper old fashioned football ground. Very close to the pitch.

Loved it all the more after that  Copps winner on 27/04/13
He didn’t give the goal Campsall. We were all wondering how McCammon had missed the sitter. Mark McCammon went and had a look at the net after the final whistle. Luckily it didn’t matter.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012