Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 08:30:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre Season Friendlies  (Read 11762 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Pre Season Friendlies
« Reply #60 on July 08, 2021, 05:07:49 pm by the vicar »
Are crowds allowed at these? I enjoyed going to Rosso main a few years back when Dickov was in charge. My mum sat with the players and subs, and had a brilliant night chatting up rob Jones once he came off the pitch - lovely bloke & posed for photos with her. Still have them, great memories!
yes tickets are on sale from the working men’s club or at the gate

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 09, 2021, 07:35:07 pm by RoversAlias »
Rossington Main have just announced that tomorrow's game IS now pay-on-the-gate, so if you fancied going but didn't get a ticket you can now get in on the turnstile and see some live football again!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 09, 2021, 10:29:51 pm by bedale rover »
Going to Spennymoor

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 10, 2021, 11:42:08 am by sheffield exile1 »
Kick off time for Mexborough please?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 10, 2021, 12:32:33 pm by the vicar »
Hope it’s not the Copps farewell game I’m on holiday (hopefully)
the clue have said it is NOT the Copps game, that I sometime in the future

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 10, 2021, 12:44:51 pm by swintonrover »
Kick off time for Mexborough please?

7pm

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 11, 2021, 11:31:37 am by sheffield exile1 »
Thanks. Time for a pint then.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 11, 2021, 12:05:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:13:15 pm by steve@dcfd »

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 15, 2021, 12:16:08 am by afro goal machine »
Is the Bradford game on Saturday no fans at all or no away fans ?

Rovers4Ever2012

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 15, 2021, 07:53:30 am by Rovers4Ever2012 »
Only home fans.

It does allow you to register though on their website and get an e ticket. Anybody risking it?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 15, 2021, 09:38:35 am by the vicar »
I’m not that desperate to get Covid

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 15, 2021, 12:35:31 pm by afro goal machine »
Only home fans.

It does allow you to register though on their website and get an e ticket. Anybody risking it?

Cheers

I asked a bradford friend at work he wasnt sure but had offered to get me a ticket, but ill give it a miss

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 15, 2021, 12:43:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Can't we bang it on iFollow?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 15, 2021, 02:11:18 pm by elmsallrover »
Be on YouTube a couple of hours later

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 15, 2021, 03:18:18 pm by idler »
Only 2,000 allowed so although I was hoping to get a ticket I won’t bother now. Normally it would have been a cracking day with the weather and a couple of pre-match pints. Oh well. ☹️

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 15, 2021, 06:31:48 pm by idler »
Just heard in my local in Bradford that due to positive Covid test the Rovers team will be trialists and under 18s.
I don't know if this is true or not.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 15, 2021, 06:32:38 pm by drfchound »
This seems to be happening quite a lot now, in all sports too.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on July 15, 2021, 06:39:00 pm by roversdude »
I think Richie has alluded to that in DFP in fact a new bunch of trialists

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 16, 2021, 01:21:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Bit of a waste of time, this friendly, as I’m not sure what exactly we’re going to get out of it! A team made up of triallists is doing no-one any good, least of all a bunch of triallists we can’t afford to set on, even if they were any good.

RW has done really well in getting some decent replacement players in for, in the main, the defence, but one of his main priorities, since joining us, was a defensive midfielder and there doesn’t seem to be any progress on that. We now are in a situation where players are having to move on before we can do anymore deals.

We saw what happened last season with young loans and a painfully thin squad and we seem to be going down the same road again! Someone please tell me I’ve got it all wrong.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 16, 2021, 01:31:01 pm by Bessie Red »
Bit of a waste of time, this friendly, as I’m not sure what exactly we’re going to get out of it! A team made up of triallists is doing no-one any good, least of all a bunch of triallists we can’t afford to set on, even if they were any good.

RW has done really well in getting some decent replacement players in for, in the main, the defence, but one of his main priorities, since joining us, was a defensive midfielder and there doesn’t seem to be any progress on that. We now are in a situation where players are having to move on before we can do anymore deals.

We saw what happened last season with young loans and a painfully thin squad and we seem to be going down the same road again! Someone please tell me I’ve got it all wrong.

You've got it all wrong.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 16, 2021, 01:36:08 pm by Metalmicky »

You've got it all wrong.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 16, 2021, 04:14:25 pm by StocktonRover »

You've got it all wrong

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 16, 2021, 04:32:30 pm by danumdon »

You've got it all wrong

You've defiantly got it all wrong,

Ive got a feeling we will see the existing players demonstrate a completely different mindset from last season, this in itself will mean that some bit part players from last season will step up and surprise a few.

With the additions we have to the squad and with some shrewd loans we may just surprise a few, cant wait for the season to start.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 16, 2021, 04:54:34 pm by Campsall rover »
You have got it all wrong Alan.

We are going to storm the league and will be champions next May.

:) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 16, 2021, 05:04:59 pm by RugbyRover »

You might have got it all wrong  :unsure:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 16, 2021, 05:10:00 pm by i_ateallthepies »
You have got it all wrong Alan.

We are going to storm the league and will be champions next May.

:) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

Campsall, I do hope that isn't based on a good feeling like the one you had for the Euros final...  :whistle:

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 16, 2021, 05:22:36 pm by sha66y »

Last year is old news!
The Maverick manager with his play anyone anywhere philosophy has gone, we have a new manager that sets a good bar for all those remaining and all those wanting to play..

I’m sure the DM that is needed has already been identified and is just waiting for the paperwork to clear…

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 16, 2021, 06:29:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
Anyone remember that pre season tournament that SOD entered us into then once it got started, decided it wasn’t for us. Think we left after first game. Total shambles.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 16, 2021, 07:00:19 pm by craigdrfc »
The Jopa Tournament?? Or something like that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012