Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:28:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 1782 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Moderators
« on June 07, 2021, 12:30:47 am by albie »
Just posted this on the culture wars thread, but maybe it needs its own space;

"Is this forum moderated?

Why thread after thread is allowed to be derailed by complete irrelevance is beyond me?
Yellow card the offenders and please keep discussion to the topic thread and not personal wind ups."

It would be good if the mods could come on and lay down the rules on posting, because many threads on serious issues are becoming unreadable with trolling postings.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on June 07, 2021, 09:36:25 am by ravenrover »
Whilst I agree with your comments let's not forget the Mods are not full time and perform the function in their own time. Surely it's we the posters who should moderate our own posts

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 07, 2021, 01:02:13 pm by Donnywolf »
Spot on RR

I have almost totally given up commenting on Political threads because ;

a] I think leaving the EU was a huge error although time will tell
b] I think Johnson is little better than a corrupt liar in charge of a bunch of fawning nobodies

Right I could repeat that ad nausem and roughly 43 % would disagree with me and of those 0 pc would change their views after reading my views SO I simply choose not to try to change their minds

Similarly NO post by any Leaver on here or elsewhere would EVER convince me I was wrong on either a] or b] so as you say I moderated my own Posts by not making them - and I long since gave up reading the other stuff - so great point ravenrover

PS If anyone wants to try to pick unpick my a] and b] please start a new Thread as I added them as an example only and we dont want another thread going bang lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 01:06:26 pm by Donnywolf »

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 07, 2021, 03:55:30 pm by DRCraig »
Will just say here. I have only just joined the forum. I love it.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 07, 2021, 04:45:48 pm by belton rover »
It depends what you are looking for in a forum, doesn’t it?
I consider myself to have quite a good sense of humour and enjoy a bit of banter, including some piss taking, here and there.
Personally, I think there is too much political, didactic talk on here, from, wait for it...both sides.

It’s hard not to be drawn in because the vast majority of topics are political. It would be easy to say, well don’t come on then, but I like it- I like the idea of chatting to fellow Rovers’ fans about shit.

May it evolve and continue.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 07, 2021, 04:57:26 pm by drfchound »
I agree with most of that Belton.
There is a lot of hatred for the government from quite a few posters and I too try not to be drawn in.
Sometimes though, as you say, it is hard not to pass a comment but when some of us do, invariably a few posters in particular appear from nowhere and bombard the people who offer a differing opinion.
I don’t even vote for the Tories but often get the full works if I post on a political thread and there are lots of them.
I admit that I sometimes am a bit headstrong but that is in my nature and I won’t apologise for that.
Yes, it sometimes does build up and go too far but it clearly isn’t one sided.
We are all Rovers on the football threads but all find it difficult to get on together with the off topic subjects in general.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:35:46 pm by drfchound »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 07, 2021, 10:45:37 pm by SydneyRover »
For balance hound you should mention the hatred of some senior ministers and the PM for the working class. For the record I don't hate them, I just think they are corrupt, dishonest and not very good at what they are suppose to be doing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 07, 2021, 10:52:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound. This "hatred" you talk about. It doesn't come out of thin air. In my case, I always try to provide clear evidence when I disagree with the Govt's actions. It would be a healthier discussion if folk concentrated in the evidence, rather than the person serving it up.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 07, 2021, 11:23:52 pm by wilts rover »
I love the comment from hound 'i try not to be drawn in' - oh aye!

Sorry Albie, we pretty much agree on most topics but its a football forum and the off-topic is pretty peripheral. As long as posters are not personally offensive then I wouldn't want any greater moderation. Don't rise to the bait and stick to the facts, the trolls are easy to spot and avoid.

In fact to my mind there is only one real troll. All of the others (inluding hound here) are good lads although some do mess about a bit more than others.

Post what you are interested in and ignore the rest.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 08, 2021, 12:32:01 am by albie »
That is fair enough, Wilts.

I like a lively discussion, where people put a point of view backed up by evidence.
I don't expect all to agree, but best to avoid posts where the whole point is just to provoke someone else, and adds nothing to the subject.

Now you can choose to by-pass the contributions of any individual, but the flow of the discussion is disrupted by the trolling and the responses to that wind-up.

You end up with threads that become unreadable.....if folks want to play the fool with each other, they can pm each other, and not involve everybody else!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 08, 2021, 09:53:13 am by selby »
  You brought the point of the pack mentality bombarding the poster out well there Hound, the usual disciples anyway. Point proved I think, even a little holier and more correct than you speech in there. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:06:48 am by selby »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 09, 2021, 09:51:07 am by drfchound »
If anyone thinks that the baiting of other posters is one sided just have a look on the Margaret Thatcher and the miners thread, post number 13.
Sydney Rover dropping grenades and trying to goad me into another thread debilitating argument.
Pathetic.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 09, 2021, 10:04:42 am by SydneyRover »
I don't wish to perpetuate another sill argument hound but you're always 'doing the rounds' praising those that disagree with those that you're having a feud with and looking to extend the said feuds, then you have the temerity to announce to all (another thread) that it's everyone else's fault and butter wouldn't melt.

Look at your own comment #12

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 09, 2021, 11:15:19 am by Filo »
If anyone thinks that the baiting of other posters is one sided just have a look on the Margaret Thatcher and the miners thread, post number 13.
Sydney Rover dropping grenades and trying to goad me into another thread debilitating argument.
Pathetic.

You can’t spend your time on here throwing grenades and then complain and call it pathetic when someone throws one back!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 09, 2021, 02:29:43 pm by drfchound »
I don't wish to perpetuate another sill argument hound but you're always 'doing the rounds' praising those that disagree with those that you're having a feud with and looking to extend the said feuds, then you have the temerity to announce to all (another thread) that it's everyone else's fault and butter wouldn't melt.

Look at your own comment #12

I don’t know which post number 12 you are on about.
Neither number twelves on this thread or the Thatcher thread are by me.

Have you thought that maybe I “praise those that I agree with” because I have liked what they said rather than what you or one of your like minded pals had written.

As I have said, and you have proven beyond any doubt, it is a two way thing so don’t come the injured Party with me because it doesn’t wash.
 You can have the last word as usual.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:31:49 pm by drfchound »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 09, 2021, 02:30:45 pm by drfchound »
Pathetic.

You can’t spend your time on here throwing grenades and then complain and call it pathetic when someone throws one back!

Filo, I’m not going to extend this beyond this post but I guess you are saying it is ok for your mate to try to cause an argument.
You are among the first to have a moan about me but appear to be condoning SRs actions.
Why am I not surprised.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 09, 2021, 05:55:24 pm by Janso »
And on it goes... "it wasn't me sir" from every seat in the class. Jesus.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 09, 2021, 06:01:35 pm by belton rover »
And on it goes... "it wasn't me sir" from every seat in the class. Jesus.

I’m not sure you’re reading all the posts, Janso.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 09, 2021, 11:23:41 pm by SydneyRover »
Pathetic.

And as a reminder, this is the offending comment. now in bold

yep, the tories saw labour councils as the last barrier to total domination, they couldn't beat them at the ballot box so starved them out.

''Austerity and then chicanery: how the Tories target cash-strapped Labour councils''

''The supposedly non-essential services are always first for the chop – but cuts have gone much deeper. In Leicester the council is now considering closing 11 of the city’s 23 children’s centres. Worcestershire’s county councillors have just agreed a 50% cut in annual spending on the same services, from £6.4bn to £3bn. In Lancashire 31 children’s centres are facing closure''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/23/tories-labour-councils-ministers-conservative-shires

Another really interesting article for you hound

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 10, 2021, 06:52:38 am by Filo »
Pathetic.

Filo, I’m not going to extend this beyond this post but I guess you are saying it is ok for your mate to try to cause an argument.
You are among the first to have a moan about me but appear to be condoning SRs actions.
Why am I not surprised.

I’m not condoning anyone, just stating that you can’t throw grenades like you have, at more than one poster in the past and then not expect someone to throw one back, and then have a bleat about it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 10, 2021, 09:45:29 am by drfchound »
Pathetic.

yep, the tories saw labour councils as the last barrier to total domination, they couldn't beat them at the ballot box so starved them out.

''Austerity and then chicanery: how the Tories target cash-strapped Labour councils''

''The supposedly non-essential services are always first for the chop – but cuts have gone much deeper. In Leicester the council is now considering closing 11 of the city’s 23 children’s centres. Worcestershire’s county councillors have just agreed a 50% cut in annual spending on the same services, from £6.4bn to £3bn. In Lancashire 31 children’s centres are facing closure''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/23/tories-labour-councils-ministers-conservative-shires

Very clever SR.   Stop bullshitting and be honest.   
You were clearly trying to bait me (which sadly, you have achieved) with your so innocent looking enhanced in bold comment.
In isolation it does look like nothing much but in context and reality it was another WUM post as I hadn’t been in conversation with you on the subject you linked in.
Something that someone took offence to in the last few days.
When I brought it to your attention you followed it up with the classic line “I learned from the master”, thus confirming that you were actually posting a WUM comment.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 09:52:00 am by drfchound »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 10, 2021, 09:57:41 am by SydneyRover »
Pathetic.

You were clearly trying to bait me (which sadly, you have achieved) with your so innocent looking enhanced in bold comment.
In isolation it does look like nothing much but in context and reality it was another WUM post as I hadn’t been in conversation with you on the subject you linked in.
When I brought it to your attention you followed it up with the classic line “I learned from the master”, thus confirming that you were actually posting a WUM comment.

In that case hound you'll be happy to admit what you constantly deny that you are baiting on a far grander scale, when taken in isolation that is, aye?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 10, 2021, 10:20:37 am by drfchound »
Pathetic.

In that case hound you'll be happy to admit what you constantly deny that you are baiting on a far grander scale, when taken in isolation that is, aye?

Again, I’m not sure what you are getting at.
You often speak in riddles.
Now for the sake of everyone else, leave it there.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 10, 2021, 10:23:24 am by SydneyRover »
If you want it spelled out hound, you're claiming innocence while blaming everyone else, as you did the other day.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 10, 2021, 10:29:06 am by drfchound »
If you want it spelled out hound, you're claiming innocence while blaming everyone else, as you did the other day.

I’m not claiming anything but am saying that baiting on here is a regular thing from all sides.

Hopefully that helps you but as I said, people are bored of this so leave it now.
I’m sure many will agree.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 10, 2021, 10:31:56 am by SydneyRover »
You're a funny guy hound but the forum/s would be a dull place without you

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 10, 2021, 01:00:41 pm by ravenrover »
And this thread has descended into the usual pettiness, talk about trying to moderate ourselves

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 10, 2021, 01:46:17 pm by drfchound »
Well hopefully Raven that is over, for this thread at least.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012