Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:02:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: have you been 'red-pilled'?  (Read 575 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
have you been 'red-pilled'?
« on July 16, 2021, 12:45:34 am by SydneyRover »
''I spend a lot of time on Instagram. Not posting stories, but researching Gen Z online political subcultures. That’s how I first stumbled across a content strategy that I’ve dubbed the “slow red-pill”''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jul/15/theres-a-new-tactic-for-exposing-you-to-radical-content-online-the-slow-red-pill

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: have you been 'red-pilled'?
« Reply #1 on July 16, 2021, 09:49:51 am by idler »
Disturbing and disappointing but unfortunately not surprising.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 16, 2021, 01:56:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I saw this happening in real time with an economic and politics blog. When it was founded in the late noughties, it published very well thought out and well balanced critiques of how the system had gone so badly wrong as to result in the GFC and the botched global response to it. It established itself as a go-to place for intelligent criticism of western capitalist economies. Got very big followings.

Then it gradually slid over several years into subtle, then outright Russian Govt propaganda. Lots of articles blowing smoke over any rational discussion of Ukraine, Salisbury, Syria, in fact anything where Russian interests were at stake.

Fascinating to observe. It's a long term game the FSB are playing to f**k with people's heads.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 20, 2021, 02:57:25 am by SydneyRover »
I saw your comment referring to the 'lost' government papers later found at a bus stop, which reminded me of this .................

''UK government employees lost their mobile devices - or had them stolen - at least 2,004 times in 12 months.

The numbers, released under a Freedom of Information request, include smartphones, laptops, and tablets''

not all or even many would be top secret but a single one of those would be too many.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51572578

TinyPortal © 2005-2012