Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:00:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Placing a bid for property without viewing  (Read 865 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Placing a bid for property without viewing
« on July 27, 2021, 02:53:45 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Daft question but can you bid for a property you have seen advertised without going to physically view the property? thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Placing a bid for property without viewing
« Reply #1 on July 27, 2021, 03:06:24 pm by Draytonian III »
Yes,especially with all what’s happened in the last 16 months or so

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 27, 2021, 03:06:35 pm by GazLaz »
Yes.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 27, 2021, 03:17:50 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Thanks it is just i have seen a property i am interested in via an estate agent but they have said we aren't allowed to make a bid as we have to attend a viewing for which they are fully booked

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 27, 2021, 03:21:33 pm by thumper »
Shouldn't stop you bidding but it may be their way of attempting to filter out non serious bids. One of my mates has been trying to buy recently and houses are going within 2 days of being put up for sale. Crazy times.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 27, 2021, 03:30:19 pm by knockers »
We recently tried to view one in Edenthorpe but when we enquired about available times it had been sold within hours to someone that had only seen the pictures on their website.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 27, 2021, 04:08:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We recently tried to view one in Edenthorpe but when we enquired about available times it had been sold within hours to someone that had only seen the pictures on their website.

House price inflation is crazy round here at the moment but then it always has been pricey with so little supply.

I think anyone buying a house without viewing it is daft, pictures are so manipulated by estate agents.  My old house looked great on the pictures yet I didn't like it much at all.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 27, 2021, 05:33:04 pm by auckleyflyer »
We bought at auction without viewing we did physical see it but couldn't attend the viewing days due to distance, 330miles.
Bid on the phone ! No survey!! Had to complete within 28days!!!
Glad we did as would never be able to afford normally! 220yr old listed  cottage in a world heritage site.
Put ten years on me and I'm potless, renovating it.
People who said we were crazy admit it's beaut! And Cornwall prices in the last year jeeze!!!!!!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 27, 2021, 07:53:54 pm by StocktonRover »
Put my place up for sale last week.
Got 11 viewings booked within the day.
10 of the 11 turned up to view and of them, 8 offered the asking price or above.
One of the couples that viewed told us they offered the asking price within an hour of it being listed but the estate agents wouldn't accept it without a viewing first.
We've now gone back to all those who made offers asking for full and final offers along with proof of funds and their situation (ie cash buyer, no chain, etc).
It really is unprecedented.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 27, 2021, 08:13:10 pm by auckleyflyer »
Makes me want to cash in and move 1mile inland, I dream of double glazing, damp proof course, proper heating (NT storage on the ground floor only and of course off street parking, (would die for a garage)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 28, 2021, 05:59:07 am by Donnywolf »

House price inflation is crazy round here at the moment but then it always has been pricey with so little supply.

I think anyone buying a house without viewing it is daft, pictures are so manipulated by estate agents.  My old house looked great on the pictures yet I didn't like it much at all.

Mrs Wolf showed me such a manipulation - as you say they will all do it

A Bungalow in Thorne where the Flats [3 stories high] had been removed from background despite - or maybe because - they are right behind Bungalow

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 28, 2021, 06:15:31 am by SydneyRover »
I agree, google earth and street view is your friend here.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 28, 2021, 07:46:00 am by Draytonian III »
Near where I live someone is trying to develop land in holiday home complex with chalets etc, but looking at the plans and the photos on line he’s conveniently airbrushed out an industrial/transport yard and a nice quiet country road otherwise known as the A1

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 28, 2021, 06:06:48 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Shouldn't stop you bidding but it may be their way of attempting to filter out non serious bids. One of my mates has been trying to buy recently and houses are going within 2 days of being put up for sale. Crazy times.

I placed a bid for the property but now they have come back for the final and best offers but won't tell me what the actual highest price that has been submitted at this moment in time, not sure whether that is correct or not. And they want an agreement in principle is that required when making an offer though?

Just seems a bit weird that when they said on the phone i couldn't make a bid without a viewing but when i emailed them they said they would accept my bid.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 28, 2021, 09:34:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You really need a mortgage agreement in principal before you offer.  Otherwise you don't know if you'll get said mortgage. They usually last about 3 months or so.  If there's other bidders they'll go above you without it.

Basically on final and best offers you bid what you think is your best offer. It's to prevent a mass overinflation on the property.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 28, 2021, 10:53:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »
When I bought the house I am in now some 20 years ago I knew the seller, the estate agent  deliberately "forgot " to mention my offer of the the full asking price to the seller,   in favour of another lower offer that required a mortgage etc through them! only when the seller asked about my offer was it was admitted the offer was there Just saying!  and yes it was a well known respected Donny estate agent !!!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012