Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:41:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wellens post match interview on football heaven!  (Read 4737 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Wellens post match interview on football heaven!
« on July 29, 2021, 08:47:07 am by sha66y »
Rather than misdiagnosing last nights game and putting your own spin on it, go listen to the interview on BBC radio Sheffield ……

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Wellens post match interview on football heaven!
« Reply #1 on July 29, 2021, 08:55:17 am by mushRTID »
He sounds so switched on, realistic and in control.

I refuse to believe he’s done the budget when we still clearly need 3 or 4 players!

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2021, 09:11:45 am by EasyforDennis »
Great interview from RW. Nothing about Bostock however.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2021, 09:37:40 am by 5minstogo »
Part of it may be missing as Andy Giddings posted last night from the interview that Bostock was back in training yesterday.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2021, 09:42:06 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Also the edited YouTube version with Liam Hodens bit added at the end

https://youtu.be/04CVK-dRc2c

He does mention Bostock.

I like some of his expressions and reactions. He looks like a man who's on top of things.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2021, 09:42:27 am by roversdude »
He sounds confident that he will be bringing others in yet - still think there is a lot of smokescreen around the budget to get the deals he wants. He referenced Barlow not being on much so they’ve probably gone to him/his agent and said we really want to sign him but …. …

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2021, 09:50:16 am by Metalmicky »

He does mention Bostock.

I like some of his expressions and reactions. He looks like a man who's on top of things.

Just listened to it and I have to agree DBR - he's straightforward, straight talking, pragmatic and honest..... so much more engaging and positive than Moore - who used to be constantly dithering and searching for his words.  I'm well on board with Wellen's approach and attitude - very impressed.   

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 29, 2021, 09:53:16 am by since-1969 »
Rather than misdiagnosing last nights game and putting your own spin on it, go listen to the interview on BBC radio Sheffield ……
It WAS a friendly and a learning curve for everyone and a wake up call to show that trailists are still part of the process of building a team and Wellens is a long way off knowing who he will turn out against Wimbledon on the opening day.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2021, 09:58:26 am by Chris Black come back »
Interesting listening to Jonny Taylor doing commentary last night. He’s hardly going to announce his recovery plan but it looks longer than Wellens has indicated. Wellens said we were aiming for the Walsall game. When asked about playing vs Moore and vs his old club Rotherham, Taylor was “hope to..wait and see how I recover” etc. Taylor also saying he hasn’t really met a lot of the players, including Smith who has been with us for several weeks. This sounds like he has not trained with the main group yet, which also sounds like several weeks away yet.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 29, 2021, 10:08:51 am by selby »
  He knows football inside out it is obvious, we think we know a bit about the game until you listen to someone like Richie who really does, I am very impressed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:26:38 am by selby »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 29, 2021, 10:40:45 am by MachoMadness »

He does mention Bostock.

That "we'll have to wait and see" when asked about signings in the next few days followed by that smile. Be amazed if we don't sign anyone now. Trust the process!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 29, 2021, 10:43:00 am by GazLaz »

He does mention Bostock.

That "we'll have to wait and see" when asked about signings in the next few days followed by that smile. Be amazed if we don't sign anyone now. Trust the process!

He’s previously said he’s got loans lined up that will be joining nearer the start of the season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 29, 2021, 11:00:57 am by drfchound »
How good is it to listen to a manager who actually says things that matter and answers questions.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 29, 2021, 11:28:13 am by Campsall rover »
How good is it to listen to a manager who actually says things that matter and answers questions.
Just listened to that interview. Brilliant. It was a great interview from RW.
I love his honesty. He says it as he it is.

Best interview I have heard from any manager at DRFC since Billy Bremner was in charge.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 29, 2021, 11:31:15 am by EasyforDennis »

Someone should send a copy to a certain PM.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 29, 2021, 11:53:30 am by keyser_soze »
He sounds confident that he will be bringing others in yet - still think there is a lot of smokescreen around the budget to get the deals he wants. He referenced Barlow not being on much so they’ve probably gone to him/his agent and said we really want to sign him but …. …

I think for Barlow being out of the game on the scrapheap for a year must be a terrifying process. Seems he has snatched our hands off to play, and who can blame him could be his last chance at a career. Hope he can prove himself.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 29, 2021, 11:53:34 am by Campsall rover »

You mean the Leader of the Labour Party I presume. Sorry off topic.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 29, 2021, 12:00:10 pm by godlike1 »
Much improved from soundbites we used to get and a clearer message which is good to see and hear. It's not that unusual though as even butt's and grant mcann and ferguson were just as open

I still have my doubts about wellens though but hope to be proved wrong.

I can imagine we will get performances like this at the beginning of the season as its a tough start. If we're having the same discussions at Xmas though I'll be worried

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 29, 2021, 12:30:41 pm by glosterred »

He does mention Bostock.

Love the way they put the ifollow logo on the vid yet it doesn’t appear on ifollow, but on YouTube. AT this time there isn’t one interview by RW that appears on ifollow. Seems I am wasting my money on subscription fees.

But saying that RW does talk a lot of sense in his interviews, neither over or under optimistic about the season ahead.

COYR

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 29, 2021, 12:32:09 pm by Draytonian III »

Why ? What’s it go to do with Paul Mayfield ?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 29, 2021, 12:38:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Let's not get carried away thinking Wellens is a football genius because he is forthright and articulate in interviews.

He is, but just because Darren Moore was a dithering cliche factory in his, doesn't mean Wellens is the messiah.

Saying that, it was a good interview and encouraging I think. It has been clear for a couple of weeks that he is playing some mind games I think with the budget talk. They will find the money for a few extra players, I'd say he will get his loan keeper, defensive midfielder and a winger in at the very least, even if only Ed Williams leaves.

Wellens knows how he wants us to play but pre-season has been tough, we haven't had the time to get the squad to gel between Covid, loads of trialists and games being cancelled. It's going to take some time but Wellens doesn't seem too worried about that fact, which should put the minds of us fans at ease a bit.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 29, 2021, 12:49:35 pm by Pancho Regan »
What an excellent interview. He is really interesting to listen to - a complete contrast to DM.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 29, 2021, 01:21:32 pm by godlike1 »
Let's not get carried away thinking Wellens is a football genius because he is forthright and articulate in interviews.

He is, but just because Darren Moore was a dithering cliche factory in his, doesn't mean Wellens is the messiah.

Saying that, it was a good interview and encouraging I think. It has been clear for a couple of weeks that he is playing some mind games I think with the budget talk. They will find the money for a few extra players, I'd say he will get his loan keeper, defensive midfielder and a winger in at the very least, even if only Ed Williams leaves.

Wellens knows how he wants us to play but pre-season has been tough, we haven't had the time to get the squad to gel between Covid, loads of trialists and games being cancelled. It's going to take some time but Wellens doesn't seem too worried about that fact, which should put the minds of us fans at ease a bit.
Agreed

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 29, 2021, 01:56:05 pm by The Beast »
I think us fans need to be patient and understand what the club is trying to achieve, not get onto their backs if we have a view dodgy performances early on.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 29, 2021, 05:19:55 pm by EasyforDennis »

You mean the Leader of the Labour Party I presume. Sorry off topic.

No the quote was somebody who answers questions. Not something the Johnson is known for.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 29, 2021, 05:53:38 pm by drfchound »

Hi RA.
I’m not sure that many people are thinking RW is the new messiah.
I think that most are just happy that each interview with him isn’t a cliche filled load of claptrap and that he isn’t afraid to get down to brass tacks and answer questions.

How is your recovery coming along by the way.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 29, 2021, 07:25:00 pm by RoversAlias »

Hi RA.
I think that most are just happy that each interview with him isn’t a cliche filled load of claptrap and that he isn’t afraid to get down to brass tacks and answer questions.

Fair enough Hound, I just think some have been quick to lavish great praise upon Wellens when really he's just doing decent, standard interviews. As we both touched on, it is a massive improvement on listening to Moore which I think is why some are waxing lyrical.

It's coming along well thanks, I've every hope of being at the Wimbledon game if I keep feeling better at the rate I have been this week!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 29, 2021, 07:31:32 pm by drfchound »

Hi RA.

Fair enough Hound, I just think some have been quick to lavish great praise upon Wellens when really he's just doing decent, standard interviews. As we both touched on, it is a massive improvement on listening to Moore which I think is why some are waxing lyrical.

It's coming along well thanks, I've every hope of being at the Wimbledon game if I keep feeling better at the rate I have been this week!

Good news then. I am planning on getting my ST next week but don’t think i will be in my usual seat as it might be a bit busy there, especially if the BB group get in late and cram into the centre area where early people will already be sat.
We will be looking for an area that isn’t packed but I hope we see each other.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 29, 2021, 07:37:59 pm by RoversAlias »

Hi RA.

Good news then. I am planning on getting my ST next week but don’t think i will be in my usual seat as it might be a bit busy there, especially if the BB group get in late and cram into the centre area where early people will already be sat.
We will be looking for an area that isn’t packed but I hope we see each other.

I hope we do mate, we are still in the South Stand but will probably migrate to one of the corners for the same reasons. Our routine will be a bit different from now on too, so might be in a different spot before going into the stadium but I'll be keeping an eye out.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 29, 2021, 08:15:24 pm by scawsby steve »
Come and join me, lads; about halfway up, in line with the keeper's right hand post.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012