Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:46:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No3 last night  (Read 1546 times)

bigallan

• Forum Member
No3 last night
« on July 29, 2021, 09:21:45 am by bigallan »
Can someone enlighten me and tell me who the trialist was last night shirt no 3

He wasn't my cup of tea scared of a tackle and just ran about for 90 minutes I thought greaves would have put a shift in there

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: No3 last night
« Reply #1 on July 29, 2021, 09:22:33 am by GazLaz »
Was that Dan Gardner? He did very little.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2021, 09:25:55 am by steve@dcfd »
It was Reed who had a poor game compared with Newcastle. But I wonder after Jayden Oden head injury that all the Trialist thought is it worth a tackle. Totally different player to Greaves as Reed can pass which he proved against Newcastle . Is he the DM we need I’m not sure.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 09:28:17 am by steve@dcfd »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2021, 09:30:16 am by steve@dcfd »
Was that Dan Gardner? He did very little.
He hurt his foot Gardner at the same time of Oden head injury again did he feel it’s worth tackling with no contract?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2021, 09:36:43 am by 5minstogo »
3 was Reed. Can spot a pass but couldn't deal with players running past him. Was much better against Newcastle. I can see Wellens wanting someone different for the holding role. 15 was Gardner, a decent size but didn't seem to really get involved. I suspect he'll be released.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2021, 11:49:39 am by Campsall rover »
Reed is a good footballer but has no physical presence and to me is not a natural defensive midfielder.
We need someone who has legs but also can win a ball.  Reed to me is not that man for that role imo.
Not quite sure why any of us thought he was.

That is not to say I would not want him but not at the expense of someone able to fill the role we require.
Think RW knows that, no I do not think he knows that,  he definitely knows.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 11:51:42 am by Campsall rover »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2021, 06:08:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
Agreed Campsall, even if you were a little negative ;).

Reed was excellent v Newcastle, but he had no-one breathing down his neck, like SheffU’s midfielders were! RW said it himself, they were running straight through our midfield!

What bugged me just as much was the way we passed the ball. Against Newcastly - great, against SheffU - haywire! And, a lot of the time, unforced errors.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 29, 2021, 07:01:17 pm by Jonathan »
I’ve been impressed with Reed so far, but he struggled last night, as did the whole team. The lack of physicality was exposed, and that’s a concern in itself.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2021, 07:07:09 pm by Retdon1 »
It was Reed who had a poor game compared with Newcastle. But I wonder after Jayden Oden head injury that all the Trialist thought is it worth a tackle. Totally different player to Greaves as Reed can pass which he proved against Newcastle . Is he the DM we need I’m not sure.

Wellens wants to send Greaves out on loan. I made the same comment last week but Greaves is a long way off from bring a league 1 player

TinyPortal © 2005-2012