Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:55:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No new signings  (Read 8814 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: No new signings
« Reply #30 on August 05, 2021, 07:59:39 am by Draytonian III »
The trialists have all been told by RW that he can not offer them anything as he can’t get clubs for the players he wants out so the free press say

Or could it be a polite way by RW telling them their not good enough, it will be interesting to see where these players end up at the end of August, in fact can someone please name them again so I can track them ( not in a stalker way !! )

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 05, 2021, 08:24:11 am by roversdude »
There is supposed to be another meeting today - if you read what RW says it’s is if we can’t offer anything before the season starts the players will be starting to look elsewhere

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 05, 2021, 08:47:19 am by godlike1 »
All this news coming out is not a great way to try and sell more season tickets is it. The message from the bd seems to be they are happy to accept mediocrity. Woo how how exciting.

They say they want to regain an identity, however won't provide the funds needed to make it happen. Richie has clearly buggered his budget but making him go into a season with a clearly understrength squad is just another example of how the board continue to be amateurish about football.

We will be lucky to stay up this season never mind get an identity

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 05, 2021, 08:55:17 am by the vicar »
It's lunacy how tight the board are being.

All the tripe about ambition and identity was just lip service .

It's abundantly clear why managers don't stick around at rovers .

The Board are tight? Would this be the same Board that have pumped their own money into the club season after season?
Drip fed rather than pumped in return for shares . Whilst pocketing the cup run, marquis and whiteman monies .

It's their perogative, but don't spout the tripe about ambition and identity .

Ritchie desperately needs players, and they simply are refusing to back him.
History is going to repeat itself, and we will be back to square 1 .

Just to be clear, can your evidence that the Board have ‘pocketed’ money from the cup run, Marquis and Whiteman or is this guess work on your part?

As far as I can see, the Board have been clear that this season is one of consolidation.

SM said on a previous post that the budget for this season is higher than both last season and the season before. How does this square with your assumption that the board are ‘simply refusing to back him’?
can I just say I think the board are in a funny position, they are always going to get some stick what ever they do.  I personally think they are doing a good job coping after the last two seasons but the last season doesn’t come in to it as we only had free transfers and cheap or free loans, so the budget wouldn’t have been that high so for people to say the budget is higher than the last two season doesn’t fit because it is always going to be.  So a lot of people are going on about the budget is, a lot donated there season tickets back to the club and with the Whiteman and Maquis money so why can’t they bring in the 3 trialists as we need them as we have no depth in the squad.  On the other hand they have plenty of money but you can’t expect them to plough in all the time as there bank account is not a bottomless pit, where as the club is bottomless abs if you don’t keep a tight reign it will go like going down the drain, I’m just looking at it from both sides

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 05, 2021, 09:00:32 am by DRNaith »
I would not be surprised if RW left over his hands being tied

The budget would have been discussed before he took the job. He'd look totally unprofessional if he walked now.
I wouldn't blame him, they are being unfeasibly tight at the minute, to the detriment of the club .

How, how do you know this? He will have been told everything up front.

We all knew it was going to take time to build a team. In order to finish mid-table, we're going to lose games and inevitably, we're going to have people on here upset that we're not winning every game in order to finish mid-table.

This constant need to find a reason to bash the board is getting on my nerves and I'm not one of the people putting in millions without any expectation of seeing it again.

If anyone told me how to spend my money, especially if I had a tenth of the success they have, I'd tell them where to go.

Grown men (women or other) complaining that these people, without who we would have no club, aren't putting enough money in, are embarrassing.

Seriously, please evaluate the whole picture of where our club is. When my Dad took me to my first game, we were competing in the league with Torquay, Scarborough, York and Halifax, look where they are now.

With the comments some of you are making, you should be ashamed. I am ashamed that this sort of drivel is coming out from the message boards of an organisation built to support the club and challenge at the right time, in the right places.

Finally, don't be childish and pick up on the odd thing I may have put that could be factually incorrect, take time to think about the board that you're slagging off, these are real people, with a real heart for the community, they're not just cash cows to get us to the Premier League, or Champions League, or wherever else you feel they should take us. They are people, putting in their own money so we have a team to support.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 05, 2021, 09:23:08 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

The budget would have been discussed before he took the job. He'd look totally unprofessional if he walked now.
I wouldn't blame him, they are being unfeasibly tight at the minute, to the detriment of the club .

We all knew it was going to take time to build a team. In order to finish mid-table, we're going to lose games and inevitably, we're going to have people on here upset that we're not winning every game in order to finish mid-table.

This constant need to find a reason to bash the board is getting on my nerves and I'm not one of the people putting in millions without any expectation of seeing it again.

If anyone told me how to spend my money, especially if I had a tenth of the success they have, I'd tell them where to go.

Grown men (women or other) complaining that these people, without who we would have no club, aren't putting enough money in, are embarrassing.

Seriously, please evaluate the whole picture of where our club is. When my Dad took me to my first game, we were competing in the league with Torquay, Scarborough, York and Halifax, look where they are now.

With the comments some of you are making, you should be ashamed. I am ashamed that this sort of drivel is coming out from the message boards of an organisation built to support the club and challenge at the right time, in the right places.

Finally, don't be childish and pick up on the odd thing I may have put that could be factually incorrect, take time to think about the board that you're slagging off, these are real people, with a real heart for the community, they're not just cash cows to get us to the Premier League, or Champions League, or wherever else you feel they should take us. They are people, putting in their own money so we have a team to support.

Well said that man.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 05, 2021, 09:26:33 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Very well said

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 05, 2021, 09:28:14 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I’m still waiting for someone to provide proof that the Board ‘pocketed’ the money from the cup run & the sales of Marquis & Whiteman as has been claimed on here?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 05, 2021, 09:29:08 am by roversdude »
DRNaith - best post I have read in ages

Poshrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 05, 2021, 09:50:06 am by Poshrover »
Great Post DRNaith. Without the board no Club.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 05, 2021, 09:59:51 am by ravenrover »
By heck they are all here on this one

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 05, 2021, 10:07:26 am by bobbymax »
There is some shite written by the same old sad individuals on this forum but some of the posts on this thread have surpassed even the most ridiculous bollox spouted previously.
If you're unhappy with the current ownership ploughing millions every year into the club, you know what you can do! Frankly, I'm just grateful I still have a club to support and a game to go to again.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 05, 2021, 10:08:54 am by Redandwhite »
It's lunacy how tight the board are being.

All the tripe about ambition and identity was just lip service .

It's abundantly clear why managers don't stick around at rovers .

The Board are tight? Would this be the same Board that have pumped their own money into the club season after season?
Drip fed rather than pumped in return for shares . Whilst pocketing the cup run, marquis and whiteman monies .

It's their perogative, but don't spout the tripe about ambition and identity .

Ritchie desperately needs players, and they simply are refusing to back him.
History is going to repeat itself, and we will be back to square 1 .

How much are these shares worth? - Not sure you've displayed your financial literacy and put a figure on this yet.

Haha, here we go again.
If I have to explain that one again, then it's clear you lack the intelligence to understand .

Read any books yet ?

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 05, 2021, 10:09:05 am by firestarter »
The usual suspects always think it’s easy to spend someone else’s money don’t they

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 05, 2021, 10:11:02 am by EasyforDennis »
Wow all the serfs are gathered today to get their gruel from their masters.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 05, 2021, 10:14:38 am by Redandwhite »
There is some shite written by the same old sad individuals on this forum but some of the posts on this thread have surpassed even the most ridiculous bollox spouted previously.
If you're unhappy with the current ownership ploughing millions every year into the club, you know what you can do! Frankly, I'm just grateful I still have a club to support and a game to go to again.
They aren't ploughing millions in though .
Prove it by showing me accounts that aren't abbreviated. 

The fact is the last 3 managers walked .
And the noises coming out of the club aren't good .

They have literally prevented Ritchie building a squad .

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 05, 2021, 10:19:01 am by bobbymax »

I rest my case.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 05, 2021, 10:25:50 am by MachoMadness »
Weird thread considering in the interview he literally says he expects a loan signing in before the weekend.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 05, 2021, 10:44:13 am by Redandwhite »
I’m still waiting for someone to provide proof that the Board ‘pocketed’ the money from the cup run & the sales of Marquis & Whiteman as has been claimed on here?

They haven't re invested the money have they?
It's all just gone to subsidise their ownership of the club .

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 05, 2021, 10:46:13 am by Redandwhite »

I rest my case.
Prove me wrong , seriously I challenge you

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 05, 2021, 10:48:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Prove yourself right about all the sh*te you spout would be a start!

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 05, 2021, 10:53:05 am by Redandwhite »

No, your accusing me of being inaccurate, it's your job to prove me wrong .
Go ahead .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 05, 2021, 10:58:33 am by the vicar »
Weird thread considering in the interview he literally says he expects a loan signing in before the weekend.
I said in my opening post that it was all about the trialists.  But if he gets the young lads out and Williams then things might change
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:01:36 am by the vicar »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 05, 2021, 11:03:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

No, your accusing me of being inaccurate, it's your job to prove me wrong .
Go ahead .

Better things to do than waste my time and energy on you when you refuse to listen and learn from those on this forum who are more knowledgeable and wiser than you.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 05, 2021, 11:54:45 am by vaya »

What specifically do you expect the unabbreviated accounts to show that the abbreviated ones don't.

Can you explain this to everyone please.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 05, 2021, 12:13:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

What specifically do you expect the unabbreviated accounts to show that the abbreviated ones don't.

This. Pretty much everything you need to know is clear in abbreviated accounts to people with enough knowledge/understanding.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 05, 2021, 12:24:57 pm by firestarter »
Being “Redandwhite” I can only assume he’s a Rovrum fan

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 05, 2021, 12:38:15 pm by Redandwhite »

This. Pretty much everything you need to know is clear in abbreviated accounts to people with enough knowledge/understanding.

Wrong, due to the size of the club, they can get away with publishing abbreviated accounts .

The full accounts detail fully where all money goes, and specifically what the playing budget is, and specifically what the owners put in.

The abbreviated accounts don't show this, and it's a smack in the face of fans who have donated very generously .

The fsa have been pushing for clubs to publish full accounts because of this .
More transparency is needed.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 05, 2021, 12:48:15 pm by vaya »

Wrong, due to the size of the club, they can get away with publishing abbreviated accounts .

The full accounts detail fully where all money goes, and specifically what the playing budget is, and specifically what the owners put in.

The abbreviated accounts don't show this, and it's a smack in the face of fans who have donated very generously .

Can you explain in financial terms what you mean by 'where all the money goes' please?

Also, can you explain how they would show the playing budget?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 05, 2021, 01:15:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Abbreviated accounts can tell you what the owners input. Yes they won't show every item of spending. Should we see that? Perhaps but then it's also not that important.  What we can tell is whether there's a gain or loss in the p&l.  As fans do we need to know much more?  Maybe like to but don't need to.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012