Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:41:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No new signings  (Read 8887 times)

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
Re: No new signings
« Reply #60 on August 05, 2021, 01:33:58 pm by Redandwhite »
There is some shite written by the same old sad individuals on this forum but some of the posts on this thread have surpassed even the most ridiculous bollox spouted previously.
If you're unhappy with the current ownership ploughing millions every year into the club, you know what you can do! Frankly, I'm just grateful I still have a club to support and a game to go to again.
They aren't ploughing millions in though .
Prove it by showing me accounts that aren't abbreviated. 

The fact is the last 3 managers walked .
And the noises coming out of the club aren't good .

They have literally prevented Ritchie building a squad .

What specifically do you expect the unabbreviated accounts to show that the abbreviated ones don't.

Can you explain this to everyone please.

This. Pretty much everything you need to know is clear in abbreviated accounts to people with enough knowledge/understanding.

Wrong, due to the size of the club, they can get away with publishing abbreviated accounts .

The full accounts detail fully where all money goes, and specifically what the playing budget is, and specifically what the owners put in.

The abbreviated accounts don't show this, and it's a smack in the face of fans who have donated very generously .

The fsa have been pushing for clubs to publish full accounts because of this .
More transparency is needed.

Can you explain in financial terms what you mean by 'where all the money goes' please?

Also, can you explain how they would show the playing budget?

Well, I'm not sure how you can't grasp this, but regarding where the money goes, I mean which parts of the business .

As far as how they could show it, the easiest way would be by using numbers although they could use words but would take alot longer and more room on the document.... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 01:41:04 pm by Redandwhite »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 05, 2021, 01:37:38 pm by vaya »
There is some shite written by the same old sad individuals on this forum but some of the posts on this thread have surpassed even the most ridiculous bollox spouted previously.
If you're unhappy with the current ownership ploughing millions every year into the club, you know what you can do! Frankly, I'm just grateful I still have a club to support and a game to go to again.

What specifically do you expect the unabbreviated accounts to show that the abbreviated ones don't.

This. Pretty much everything you need to know is clear in abbreviated accounts to people with enough knowledge/understanding.

Wrong, due to the size of the club, they can get away with publishing abbreviated accounts .

The full accounts detail fully where all money goes, and specifically what the playing budget is, and specifically what the owners put in.

The abbreviated accounts don't show this, and it's a smack in the face of fans who have donated very generously .

Can you explain in financial terms what you mean by 'where all the money goes' please?

Well, I'm not sure how you can't grasp this, but regarding where tge money goes, I mean which parts of the business .

As far as how they could show it, the easiest way would be by using numbers although they could use words but would take alot longer and more room on the document.... :rolleyes:

Doesn't answer the questions for everyone.

Can you explain in financial terms what you mean?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 05, 2021, 01:42:37 pm by Michael Gibson »
If the owners are that bothered why did we take an elf loan out and now we’re scratching about to pay it back???

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 05, 2021, 01:42:53 pm by Redandwhite »

Well, I'm not sure how you can't grasp this, but regarding where tge money goes, I mean which parts of the business .

You can't even understand simple English  so your not going to understand financial terms are you!  :laugh:

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 05, 2021, 01:50:56 pm by Chris the Rover »
Reading this confirms to me that some of our so called supporters are morons. Unbelievable.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 05, 2021, 01:58:50 pm by roversdude »
If the owners are that bothered why did we take an elf loan out and now we’re scratching about to pay it back???

From the Bank of Fairies ?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 05, 2021, 02:04:38 pm by Draytonian III »
In an other business do the owners tell their customers about their finances ?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 05, 2021, 02:05:04 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Legolas sorting the boys out.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 05, 2021, 02:15:13 pm by steve@dcfd »
I’m no accountant but the last time looking at companies house we could see the wages and salaries was the full accounts from year ending 2015 after  whether full accounts or small business accounts it’s not there.

I’m not saying the owners should disclose that information that’s their choice

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 05, 2021, 02:15:37 pm by aidanstu »

Legolas sorting the boys out.

Yeah I heard Thranduil is a loan shark...what were they thinking.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 05, 2021, 02:20:59 pm by roversdude »
That’s precious

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 05, 2021, 02:31:56 pm by dickos1 »
If we’re not able to sign anyone further then I think it’s too easy to just say wellens knew his budget so it’s his fault.
The number of injuries we have should in my opinion lead the board to helping out the manager on this occasion.
We’re always told they keep money back for emergencies and for occasions when we’re looking good for promotion.
Without the injuries we would have a good squad that has been made with the budget, with the number of injuries we should be giving the manager a chance

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 05, 2021, 02:32:32 pm by vaya »

You can't even understand simple English  so your not going to understand financial terms are you!  :laugh:

*you're

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 05, 2021, 02:33:28 pm by vaya »

Irrespective of what you think of me, you can explain it to everyone else. Please go ahead:

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 05, 2021, 04:07:37 pm by keith79 »
Wow. Not even kick a ball in the new season. Imagine if we get beat on Saturday.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 05, 2021, 04:10:11 pm by DRNaith »
Wow. Not even kick a ball in the new season. Imagine if we get beat on Saturday.

Sadly, with a mid-table target, there going to be continual meltdown.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 05, 2021, 04:57:17 pm by glosterred »

Wait till people realise that we haven’t won an opening day home game since the 04/05 season. 7 August 04 DRFC 2 - 0 Blackpool (info courtesy of J Coyle)

Ryan and LFW scoring for the Rovers

COYR

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 05, 2021, 04:58:01 pm by Pside »
Even bigger meltdown when people see what DM has been able to bring in at Hillsbrough

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 05, 2021, 05:06:38 pm by silent majority »
It's lunacy how tight the board are being.

All the tripe about ambition and identity was just lip service .

It's abundantly clear why managers don't stick around at rovers .

The Board are tight? Would this be the same Board that have pumped their own money into the club season after season?
Drip fed rather than pumped in return for shares . Whilst pocketing the cup run, marquis and whiteman monies .

It's their perogative, but don't spout the tripe about ambition and identity .

Ritchie desperately needs players, and they simply are refusing to back him.
History is going to repeat itself, and we will be back to square 1 .

Oh here we go, the financial illiterate speaks up yet again.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 05, 2021, 05:44:39 pm by rich1471 »
Even bigger meltdown when people see what DM has been able to bring in at Hillsbrough
with the signings he has made they should win the league

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 05, 2021, 05:46:33 pm by Chris the Rover »
Providing they get paid, of course

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 05, 2021, 06:02:53 pm by TheFunk »
I wonder has the cancellation of the Rugby World Cup affected the budget. Weren't we holding 3 matches and being the training base for one of the teams. Surely that is projected income we will no longer receive.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 05, 2021, 06:07:55 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I would not be surprised if RW left over his hands being tied

Can  those of you you have bet thousands(of pence) on him to be the next Rovers manager  get together and ask him to wait till the kick-off to resign so you can collect your winnings and buy him a farewell drink  :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:    :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 05, 2021, 06:14:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Why do idiots make stupid comments with no facts to back those comment up then tell everyone else to prove them wrong?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 05, 2021, 06:20:57 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Why do idiots make stupid comments with no facts to back those comment up then tell everyone else to prove them wrong?

You’ve answered your own question

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 05, 2021, 06:22:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Redandwhite killed Prince Phillip. Prove me wrong.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 05, 2021, 06:23:50 pm by roversdude »
Intriguing Shayon Harrison been told we can’t offer him a contract at the minute but is willing to stay on non contract terms. Other trailists remain with us

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 05, 2021, 06:38:25 pm by wilts rover »
First game of the season and we can barely put a team out, this despite the club and it’s puppets claiming to have a bigger budget… absolute b*llocks…. Ritchie has gone on board saying he’s asked for more money and it’s clearly been knocked back.  If I’d have bought a season ticket I’d be fuming, and it goes to prove they don’t give a toss about success all there bothered about is claiming tax back.. so can anyone answer where the super league team is or the sustainable championship club is???? We haven’t even been close…. Time to go I’m afraid and get these jokers out

Bloke who doesn't want to spend money to fund Doncaster Rovers complains that other people wont spend money funding Doncaster Rovers.

Good luck with your take-over offer.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 05, 2021, 06:40:37 pm by scawsby steve »

Can you show me where anyone at the club has stated that the target this season is mid-table?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 05, 2021, 06:43:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Until we can match the likes of bigger clubs like even Rotherham and Barnsley when it comes to season ticket sales don't expect huge budgets any more. Days of selling 8k+ season tickets are well and truly over. Can't even get half that any more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012