Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:51:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the season  (Read 1025 times)

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
the season
« on August 06, 2021, 06:07:39 pm by Tiddysdad »
Just wanted to say I hope everyone on here as a great new season and that all our hopes and wishes come true.
Take care
Tiddysdad

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Re: the season
« Reply #1 on August 06, 2021, 06:37:22 pm by goalkick »
Agree with that. Looking forward to the game tomorrow and hope that we have a good season despite the position we found ourselves.  :thumbsup:

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 06, 2021, 07:19:44 pm by sha66y »
A) fantastic season = Promotion
B) great season = top 6
C) good season = just miss out on top 6
D) decent season = 9-12 under the circumstances
E) reasonable season = 12-14…..to build on
F) hard season = 15-20 struggled o get players fit
G) poor season = relegation zone

I’ll take D right now but will accept E as long as the signs are there!

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 06, 2021, 07:55:43 pm by LincsRover »
I’ll accept a full season of watching rovers live and not get relegated. Anything else is a bonus!!  :rtid:

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 06, 2021, 08:27:39 pm by BradwellRover »
I’ll accept a full season of watching rovers live and not get relegated. Anything else is a bonus!!  :rtid:

Exactly that!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 06, 2021, 10:21:36 pm by Campsall rover »
I think top half is a realistic expectation but believe me RW will be going for a play off spot. That’s what he will have set as his target.

My prediction 10th but we might be a surprise package you just never know.

The main thing is we get a full seasons football to watch LIVE.
And we finish above Rotherham and Wednesday of course, now that would be good.  Why not, we could, not saying we will though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 06, 2021, 10:35:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
Football is played on grass, not paper, but on paper there are probably 10 and maybe 12 sides who you would think have the team and resources to do better than us this season, all being equal.

Some of those will have a nightmare of course, but I don’t remember a time at third tier level when we have so many sides in a better position than us. It’s a tough league this season, very tough.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 07, 2021, 09:37:29 am by NickDRFC »
I enter a competition every year where you have to predict all promotions, relegations etc and this is the first one in years (at least at this level) that I’ve not had us down as at least play off winners.

We have more or less a brand new first XI, zero depth as it stands and a manager whose only experience at League One level ended in relegation. On top of that I can’t remember ever being in a more competitive League One - Sunderland and Ipswich are the stand outs for me but you’ve got Lincoln, Wigan, Rotherham, Portsmouth, Charlton, MK Dons, Bolton, Wycombe, even that batshit outfit from down the road who all look better placed than us.

A couple of shrewd loan signings and the return from injury of our forwards and things could look a lot rosier but you’re always going to get injuries and we still look pretty threadbare. I’m confident in Wellens’ ability but I’m steeling myself for a season of struggle and would be happy with mid-table and bloodying a few noses along the way.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 07, 2021, 10:15:11 am by Chris Black come back »
I enter a competition every year where you have to predict all promotions, relegations etc and this is the first one in years (at least at this level) that I’ve not had us down as at least play off winners.

We have more or less a brand new first XI, zero depth as it stands and a manager whose only experience at League One level ended in relegation. On top of that I can’t remember ever being in a more competitive League One - Sunderland and Ipswich are the stand outs for me but you’ve got Lincoln, Wigan, Rotherham, Portsmouth, Charlton, MK Dons, Bolton, Wycombe, even that batshit outfit from down the road who all look better placed than us.

A couple of shrewd loan signings and the return from injury of our forwards and things could look a lot rosier but you’re always going to get injuries and we still look pretty threadbare. I’m confident in Wellens’ ability but I’m steeling myself for a season of struggle and would be happy with mid-table and bloodying a few noses along the way.

Agree with this. Making top half will be a good result for us given where we are and more importantly where lots of other clubs are.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012