Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:08:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Butler  (Read 4820 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Andy Butler
« Reply #30 on August 10, 2021, 09:40:27 pm by NickDRFC »
Poor that from butler   
We pay up his contract, which ate into the budget, so he could continue playing .
Now he's gone to Peterborough as a coach.

And what do you think we'd have done if Butler had got a coaching offer instead of a playing one whilst contracted here?

Andy Butler has done nothing wrong in this whole situation, not even close.

He rejected a loan move to Boston, got a pay out as a result, and signed for them, now turned up in fergies coaching team .
Non of which he could have done if we didn't pay him up .
He owes rovers alot .

Andy Butler owes Rovers absolutely nothing. He has twice been shown the door by the club after years of excellent service as a player, and after stepping in as manager last season in trying circumstances. He's made over 200 appearances, been part of a promotion and a key figure on and off the pitch for years.

He loves Rovers, his hometown club, and has given his all for us, yet because things didn't go well in his first senior men's coaching role it seems fans have just decided none of that matters anymore.

He isn't here anymore as a direct consequence of his brief managerial tenure not going well, and because our new manager either didn't fancy him or simply didn't see him as a big part of his plans, so he's had to leave.

He didn't hold Rovers up for money or ask for anything other than the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere once it became clear he wasn't wanted here.

He owes Rovers? Absolutely not in a million years.

If he didn’t ask for anything other than the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere then why did we have to pay him up?

I agree with the gist of your post that he owes Rovers nothing but I’m not sure we owe him anything either. The manager role didn’t work out but he made it quite clear that he still had his eye on the manager role even after his disastrous tenure - you can’t blame Wellens for not wanting him around with that in mind, that’s just life unfortunately.

When you move job’s do you write off your unissued holidays or pay during your notice period?

We’ve twice forced him out the door. The least we can do is pay him what he is owed.

There’s a bit of a difference between me leaving a job and getting paid for 8 days holiday accrued but not taken and a footballer being paid up for the final year of a contract. I don’t know the ins and outs of what Butler was paid but I’m sure he didn’t do badly out of it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 10, 2021, 10:07:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Got hammered 4-0 at home by Plymouth tonight.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 10, 2021, 10:19:47 pm by drfchound »
A friend of mine who was a coach at a league club and was made redundant in May due to lack of club income due to covid is being paid until the end of the year.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 10, 2021, 11:36:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
He was probably the person who advised the CEO to give all the young lads a contract and waste part of our budget this season. He definitely did with AJGreaves in April what a waste that was 16 mins of game time and the red mist takes over and sent off.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 10, 2021, 11:53:51 pm by dickos1 »
He’s young and he won’t be the first youngster that needs calming down. It’s over the top to suggest we’ve wasted our budget on him

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 11, 2021, 12:16:07 am by Retdon1 »
He’s young and he won’t be the first youngster that needs calming down. It’s over the top to suggest we’ve wasted our budget on him

Have you seen him play ? He’s miles of being good enough for league 1 standard

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 11, 2021, 01:51:43 am by Drover »
Well I think your all wrong regards Butt's and the club,I think Rovers owe Andy nothing and Andy owes Rovers nothing, that's why it's called an agreement, because they came to one over his contract with the club. Good luck Andy,but more important good luck Rovers!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012