Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:27:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Butler  (Read 4819 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Andy Butler
« on August 08, 2021, 09:28:50 pm by mushRTID »
Seen on twitter, looks to have gone MIA for a Boston and turned up here…

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
Re: Andy Butler
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2021, 10:29:37 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Looking at it yesterday we could still do with him the back four! His experience and aerial ability sadly missed right now.

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2021, 11:43:59 pm by ss1953 »
Boston were playing a friendly against Grimsby.
Perhaps he's getting in as much management experience as possible.
Best of luck to him.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2021, 07:01:37 am by GazLaz »
Boston were playing a friendly against Grimsby.
Perhaps he's getting in as much management experience as possible.
Best of luck to him.

I’m not sure we will see him playing for Boston.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 09, 2021, 02:04:00 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
silly question is the photo genuine like "now"

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 09, 2021, 05:15:22 pm by glosterred »
Good luck to him, it’s what he wants to do and if he gets the chance then he should grab it with both hands.

COYR

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2021, 05:27:16 pm by MachoMadness »
Seems such a waste if he is giving up playing after all. Surely there was a place for him here in that case.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 09, 2021, 07:24:55 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Seems such a waste if he is giving up playing after all. Surely there was a place for him here in that case.
he will probs still play for Boston, might’ve just been a one off on Saturday with posh because of his relationship with Fergie, but even if it is a full time thing for AB and he was offered the job by Fergie at the time he left us then it would be a lot better for him to be on the coaching staff there than here.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 09, 2021, 10:45:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Collected my Grandson from A1 football factory today and spoke to Paul Green.
I asked him if Butts is playing at Boston and he told me no as he has taken a coaching role at Peterborough.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 09, 2021, 10:59:43 pm by Drover »
I would'nt be surprised if Andy goes on to do well inmanagement in future,he only had a squad inherited and one already on a bad run and had no transfer window and was not allowed to bring any players in.Good luck to him.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2021, 08:14:16 am by Chris Black come back »
If he has, good luck to him. Although I think Hoden said last night that Butler has gone there as a set piece coach or something? Makes you wonder though as last season our defending from set pieces was absolutely appalling.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2021, 08:41:11 am by steve@dcfd »
Good luck to Andy in his new role. So by refusing to take a loan at Boston and mutual agreeing his termination as worked out for him.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2021, 08:42:34 am by The Beast »
Looking at it yesterday we could still do with him the back four! His experience and aerial ability sadly missed right now.
Butler has been a great servant to the club and there might be a bit of sadness about the way he left or was pushed out but we do not need him at centre half, we have got 3 good centre halves. The problem on Saturday was that the midfield was absolutely piss poor and gave them no protection.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 10, 2021, 08:57:54 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Best of luck to Andy, top lad, sad ending to this chapter of his Donny career.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 10, 2021, 10:22:17 am by NickDRFC »
Good luck to Andy in his new role. So by refusing to take a loan at Boston and mutual agreeing his termination as worked out for him.

How did he refuse a loan to Boston, he signed for them?

https://www.lincolnshireworld.com/sport/football/new-boston-united-signing-andy-butler-says-it-was-the-right-time-to-leave-doncaster-rovers-3303364

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 10, 2021, 10:54:01 am by Janso »

https://www.lincolnshireworld.com/sport/football/new-boston-united-signing-andy-butler-says-it-was-the-right-time-to-leave-doncaster-rovers-3303364

He was initially offered the chance to go there on loan I think, then he got paid up and signed there. Guess he just wanted to cut ties and get on with his coaching career if it wasn't going to be here?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 10, 2021, 11:02:44 am by steve@dcfd »

I read at the time that a loan was offered but Andy turned that down and after that it was mutually agreed to pay up and terminate his contract and he then joined Boston. Now he is a coach at Peterborough so good luck to him.

In the latest article from Liam Hoden it says he’s lead to believe Andy is working as a set piece coach at Peterborough with the position to be finalised in next few weeks he also believes he’s still contracted at Boston.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:26:06 am by steve@dcfd »

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 10, 2021, 12:27:43 pm by Redandwhite »
Poor that from butler   
We pay up his contract, which ate into the budget, so he could continue playing .
Now he's gone to Peterborough as a coach.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2021, 12:37:28 pm by RoversAlias »
Poor that from butler   
We pay up his contract, which ate into the budget, so he could continue playing .

And what do you think we'd have done if Butler had got a coaching offer instead of a playing one whilst contracted here?

Andy Butler has done nothing wrong in this whole situation, not even close.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 10, 2021, 12:58:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
Poor that from butler   

And what do you think we'd have done if Butler had got a coaching offer instead of a playing one whilst contracted here?

If he’d been head hunted for coaching role while he was here as a player he would have decide whether he leaves or stays. We wouldn’t have had to pay him up. He was offered a loan first but didn’t want that so we paid up his contract which would have cost more than a loan maybe. He is then a free agent so going to look and maybe signing for coaching role as well as the contract with Boston he’s not been hard done by. Depends when the offer at Peterborough came about. But good luck to him if the coaching role is permanent he’s fell on his feet.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 10, 2021, 01:11:04 pm by Redandwhite »
Poor that from butler   

He rejected a loan move to Boston, got a pay out as a result, and signed for them, now turned up in fergies coaching team .
Non of which he could have done if we didn't pay him up .
He owes rovers alot .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 10, 2021, 01:21:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Hi Redandwhite you can give your opinion which is similar to mine on this case but it comes across has aggressive when really there’s no need for that and goes against what  your writing.Just a thought not a dig.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 10, 2021, 02:00:36 pm by Redandwhite »
Hi Redandwhite you can give your opinion which is similar to mine on this case but it comes across has aggressive when really there’s no need for that and goes against what  your writing.Just a thought not a dig.
OK, point taken. I guess it's my writing style, and because I type quickly when I'm thinking .

Some on here do seem intent on attacking any opinion that doesn't paint the club in a good light though .
It's exhausting reading some of the happy clappy tripe on here   

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 10, 2021, 02:05:14 pm by silent majority »
OK, point taken. I guess it's my writing style, and because I type quickly when I'm thinking .

Some on here do seem intent on attacking any opinion that doesn't paint the club in a good light though .
It's exhausting reading some of the happy clappy tripe on here   

Look, just say what you want to say without every post being a dig at others and you just might get on fine.

PS. its just as exhausting reading your negative bullshit all the time.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 10, 2021, 03:25:37 pm by RoversAlias »
Poor that from butler   

He rejected a loan move to Boston, got a pay out as a result, and signed for them, now turned up in fergies coaching team .
He owes rovers alot .

Andy Butler owes Rovers absolutely nothing. He has twice been shown the door by the club after years of excellent service as a player, and after stepping in as manager last season in trying circumstances. He's made over 200 appearances, been part of a promotion and a key figure on and off the pitch for years.

He loves Rovers, his hometown club, and has given his all for us, yet because things didn't go well in his first senior men's coaching role it seems fans have just decided none of that matters anymore.

He isn't here anymore as a direct consequence of his brief managerial tenure not going well, and because our new manager either didn't fancy him or simply didn't see him as a big part of his plans, so he's had to leave.

He didn't hold Rovers up for money or ask for anything other than the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere once it became clear he wasn't wanted here.

He owes Rovers? Absolutely not in a million years.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 10, 2021, 03:47:55 pm by Move DRFC »
You'd be a bit pissed off if you were a Boston fan mind.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 10, 2021, 06:21:47 pm by NickDRFC »
Poor that from butler   

He owes rovers alot .

Andy Butler owes Rovers absolutely nothing. He has twice been shown the door by the club after years of excellent service as a player, and after stepping in as manager last season in trying circumstances. He's made over 200 appearances, been part of a promotion and a key figure on and off the pitch for years.

He loves Rovers, his hometown club, and has given his all for us, yet because things didn't go well in his first senior men's coaching role it seems fans have just decided none of that matters anymore.

He isn't here anymore as a direct consequence of his brief managerial tenure not going well, and because our new manager either didn't fancy him or simply didn't see him as a big part of his plans, so he's had to leave.

He didn't hold Rovers up for money or ask for anything other than the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere once it became clear he wasn't wanted here.

If he didn’t ask for anything other than the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere then why did we have to pay him up?

I agree with the gist of your post that he owes Rovers nothing but I’m not sure we owe him anything either. The manager role didn’t work out but he made it quite clear that he still had his eye on the manager role even after his disastrous tenure - you can’t blame Wellens for not wanting him around with that in mind, that’s just life unfortunately.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 10, 2021, 07:43:09 pm by Daniel_Smith »
We miss him in our defence. Was always a commanding presence.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 10, 2021, 09:14:35 pm by firestarter »
Agent Butler doing a nice job at Posh I see ..3-0 down again

CoppsChop

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 10, 2021, 09:26:36 pm by CoppsChop »
Poor that from butler   

He owes rovers alot .

If he didn’t ask for anything other than the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere then why did we have to pay him up?

I agree with the gist of your post that he owes Rovers nothing but I’m not sure we owe him anything either. The manager role didn’t work out but he made it quite clear that he still had his eye on the manager role even after his disastrous tenure - you can’t blame Wellens for not wanting him around with that in mind, that’s just life unfortunately.

When you move job’s do you write off your unissued holidays or pay during your notice period?

We’ve twice forced him out the door. The least we can do is pay him what he is owed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012