Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:32:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Owls v TLOD  (Read 7374 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Owls v TLOD
« Reply #150 on August 14, 2021, 04:51:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
I am not going to be one of the ones slagging the team off on the forum tonight (got better things to do) but it is a bit disheartening that already this season is a write off because we simply do not have a strong enough squad.

We will be lucky to stay up with this squad. It's one of the smallest and poorest in the division. Sorry but that's a fact.

It’s not a fact. Idiotic statement.

Yes it is. Do some research.

What sort of research? What on earth are you talking about? We are two games into a season and you’re making bonkers statements that relegation is somehow inevitable…

All a bit dramatic aren’t we?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on August 14, 2021, 04:52:24 pm by vaya »
I am not going to be one of the ones slagging the team off on the forum tonight (got better things to do) but it is a bit disheartening that already this season is a write off because we simply do not have a strong enough squad.

We will be lucky to stay up with this squad. It's one of the smallest and poorest in the division. Sorry but that's a fact.

Have you got a breakdown of all the League One squads Chris?

Yes. So has anyone with an internet connection.

You've supposedly done the research -  just let everyone know.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on August 14, 2021, 04:52:29 pm by Copps is Magic »

Oxford were bottom of League One at the start of November last season. Seasons aren't written off after 2 games.

But Oxford have been an extremely dangerous attacking team over the last few years. If you can say the same about is, fair dos, but I just can't at the minute.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on August 14, 2021, 04:54:16 pm by Batleyred »

Have you got a breakdown of all the League One squads Chris?

Yes. So has anyone with an internet connection.

Post it then to cheer us all up

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on August 14, 2021, 04:54:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some pathetic comments already coming in on game two of the 46 game season.

Let the lunatics have their play time.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on August 14, 2021, 04:54:55 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well, I’m not gonna be critical of the team after this performance because we played well for the majority of that game.

It’s starting to gel.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on August 14, 2021, 04:55:30 pm by chrisfisher »
We don't have a single player in the squad capable of a decent return of goals in a season.

The problems are clear for all to see, but hey, we should be thankful we still have a club.  :headbang:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on August 14, 2021, 04:55:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Oxford were bottom of League One at the start of November last season. Seasons aren't written off after 2 games.

But Oxford have been an extremely dangerous attacking team over the last few years. If you can say the same about is, fair dos, but I just can't at the minute.

I think results at the moment depend on getting Taylor, Okenabirhie and Hiwula back and potentially adding one or two more to that but I do think we'll struggle based purely on what we've currently got.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on August 14, 2021, 04:56:07 pm by drfchound »
Wait for it....

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on August 14, 2021, 04:56:43 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Far better performance than last Saturday we just need some strikers

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on August 14, 2021, 04:56:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We don't have a single player in the squad capable of a decent return of goals in a season.

The problems are clear for all to see, but hey, we should be thankful we still have a club.  :headbang:

Hiwula and Okenabirhie?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on August 14, 2021, 04:56:54 pm by Barmby Rover »
Any professional football player that cannot hit the ball on target from 12 yards should be donating a weeks wages to charity, because they sure as hell don't deserve any.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on August 14, 2021, 04:56:59 pm by Peebles Rover »
Just think we have to accept it's going to be a tough old season as we do rebuild.  We have had it tough with the injuries

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on August 14, 2021, 04:57:38 pm by hstripes »
2 games and the loan keeper has been badly at fault for 2 goals. Why aren't we playing our own goalkeeper?! He didn't let us down at all last year and made no major mistakes leading to goals. What an earth is the point of having a youth team?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on August 14, 2021, 04:57:46 pm by keith79 »
Wait for what?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on August 14, 2021, 04:58:16 pm by glosterred »
Better than last Saturday, better than Tuesday as well. Things are improving slowly.

Onwards and upwards

COYR

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on August 14, 2021, 04:58:29 pm by colincramb »
Although we’ve played ok today, 2 wins in 18 games is the harsh reality. Don’t really care how it comes, but by heck do we need a win. Although looking at fixtures for the next few it could be a very tough ask

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on August 14, 2021, 04:59:01 pm by drfchound »
Any professional football player that cannot hit the ball on target from 12 yards should be donating a weeks wages to charity, because they sure as hell don't deserve any.

There has been a long list of great players who have missed pens.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on August 14, 2021, 04:59:21 pm by Surrey Rover »

…but he’s not a footballer

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on August 14, 2021, 04:59:40 pm by ScillyRover »
It’s highly unlikely we will get a win anytime soon until the striker situation is resolved.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on August 14, 2021, 05:00:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
One thing clearly evident is that Omar Bogle needs to go. I’m sure he tries but he’s woeful.

Just pay him up and release him. Let’s move on.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on August 14, 2021, 05:00:52 pm by chrisfisher »
It’s highly unlikely we will get a win anytime soon until the striker situation is resolved.

And who's going to pay for a decent striker?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on August 14, 2021, 05:01:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
One thing clearly evident is that Omar Bogle needs to go. I’m sure he tries but he’s woeful.

Paying him up uses up money from the budget, so we'd have one less player but a similar budget.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on August 14, 2021, 05:02:21 pm by PDX_Rover »

There has been a long list of great players who have missed pens.

Great being the operative word here… lol

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on August 14, 2021, 05:03:15 pm by PDX_Rover »

You are the new Michael Gibson, Redandwhite etc.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on August 14, 2021, 05:03:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
Taylor Okenabirhie and Hiwula won’t be available till October at the best. Richie’s needs to be allowed to get the forward loans if not we going to have a hard two weeks. The squad for today doesn’t change till after the Accrington and Portsmouth game. But that won’t change the front line.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on August 14, 2021, 05:03:50 pm by chrisfisher »

You are the new Michael Gibson, Redandwhite etc.

:zzz:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on August 14, 2021, 05:04:24 pm by PDX_Rover »

Paying him up uses up money from the budget, so we'd have one less player but a similar budget.

I know, but it would be money well spent IMO.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on August 14, 2021, 05:05:30 pm by sha66y »

Interesting statement this…”.your not going to slag the team off “ …but let’s say you could…..what would you slag off and who…( .by all accounts we played well )

“This season is already a write off” …… you actually wrote that, now I don’t want to spoil your busy evening but that statement is about 44 games short of a fact!

Now you’ve spoilt my busy night having to work out how 2 defeats by an improving team means we are doomed!! …….

Between me and you….I hope we get relegated n Tuesday night……lol

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on August 14, 2021, 05:07:03 pm by sha66y »

Is that a fact?
Or are you edging your bets after 3 games?? …….

TinyPortal © 2005-2012