Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:10:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: outgoing...  (Read 13151 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: outgoing...
« Reply #90 on August 23, 2021, 03:52:18 pm by mushRTID »
Wonder if Bogle is trying to initiate a similar deal to Andy Butler.

100% he wants a pay off, has to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 23, 2021, 03:56:33 pm by jamesrover17 »
Wonder if Bogle is trying to initiate a similar deal to Andy Butler.

100% he wants a pay off, has to.

Doesn't benefit us in the slightest though, unless we can pay him off from separate funds to the budget 

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 23, 2021, 03:58:21 pm by Dutch Uncle »
We just don't know anything at all, and anything is pure speculation.

E.g. theoretically one possibility might be Bogle wants Rovers to pay the difference between what the league 2 club are offering as a wage and what he is getting now. Maybe that is a starting point in negotiations to see how much of that difference we might pay.

Or maybe he doesn't want to play in league 2, or the location of the club doesn't suit him.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on August 23, 2021, 04:00:44 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I blame Moore & Henshall.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 23, 2021, 04:11:48 pm by RugbyRover »
I'm fairly sure that the board will now step in and support RW.

He's done all he can to make ends meet. They won't let him down  :scarf: 

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on August 23, 2021, 04:14:24 pm by jamesrover17 »

I really hope your right, cant see it though

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on August 23, 2021, 09:12:24 pm by Lesonthewest »
This doesn't lie straight with me, yes of course he can see out his contract as is his right, but for him to see it out then retire? OK that's fine, but he still has some kind of duty to put in the effort & give is all to the supporters who actually pay his wages. An ideal world I would play him him every game & any less than 100%  effort & commitment should be met with derision by our fans.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on August 23, 2021, 09:17:57 pm by normal rules »
Agents pulling the strings once again, no doubt. You’ve gotta love em.
f**king parasites of the game.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on August 23, 2021, 10:42:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was slightly caveated but Derek Adams said today that Bradford City were not in for Bogle. He also gave this quote, read in to this what you will:

“He will go to one of the highest payers in the division this season, I would presume, and that’s not going to be us. We have not made an offer for him.”

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on August 24, 2021, 06:40:49 am by dickos1 »
This doesn't lie straight with me, yes of course he can see out his contract as is his right, but for him to see it out then retire? OK that's fine, but he still has some kind of duty to put in the effort & give is all to the supporters who actually pay his wages. An ideal world I would play him him every game & any less than 100%  effort & commitment should be met with derision by our fans.

Nobody knows he is wanting to retire

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on August 24, 2021, 07:54:28 am by roversdude »
To be fair RW said when this first surfaced that there wasn’t an actual bid but expressions of interest - could just be a play on words
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 09:13:36 am by roversdude »

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on August 24, 2021, 08:39:13 am by jmt23 »
That’s food for thought in itself! “ He will go to the highest payers” - I think Bogle may be on a very decent amount, Bradford will not be too far off what we pay surely, even in that league.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 25, 2021, 05:26:14 pm by the vicar »

you have more faith than me on that

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on August 26, 2021, 12:57:06 pm by Pancho Regan »

you have more faith than me on that

A rather ironic statement considering your forum name?

You seem quite cynical about the club lately Vicar.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on August 26, 2021, 01:46:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
Why do you blame them. What was the criteria for signing of Bogle or any player. The talent identification manager is a thankless task over the last two season. Go out and find the best players you can but they must not want high wages. Go out and look at loans but majority must be free and we don’t want to be paying high payments if they don’t play. So they are hand strung before they start. Why we as a club decided to sign Bogle I’m not sure it definitely appears not to been a good decision but good strikers who have no transfer fee want good wages and we don’t pay that. His record outside of league 2 as been average or below average but did he fit in to the wages we were prepared to pay. Anyway Adam Henshaw did such a bad job he got a job at Aston Villa because of it!! Darren Moore left when we were in the playoffs and close to the top two to go to a bigger club and at the moment he’s been allowed with all the restrictions they had to bring in good league one players if not higher plus loans. They may get out this league this season they’ve made a very good start.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on August 26, 2021, 02:10:27 pm by silent majority »
Why do you blame them. What was the criteria for signing of Bogle or any player. The talent identification manager is a thankless task over the last two season. Go out and find the best players you can but they must not want high wages. Go out and look at loans but majority must be free and we don’t want to be paying high payments if they don’t play. So they are hand strung before they start. Why we as a club decided to sign Bogle I’m not sure it definitely appears not to been a good decision but good strikers who have no transfer fee want good wages and we don’t pay that. His record outside of league 2 as been average or below average but did he fit in to the wages we were prepared to pay. Anyway Adam Henshaw did such a bad job he got a job at Aston Villa because of it!! Darren Moore left when we were in the playoffs and close to the top two to go to a bigger club and at the moment he’s been allowed with all the restrictions they had to bring in good league one players if not higher plus loans. They may get out this league this season they’ve made a very good start.

Define good wages.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 26, 2021, 02:19:01 pm by bobbymax »

They may have made a good start but they've been outplayed by us and Rovrum in recent weeks. I see an awful lot in common between us under Moore and them this season. There is plenty of time for it to all turn to shit.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 26, 2021, 02:20:22 pm by EasyforDennis »

Wendies success or failure this season very much depends on one player. Take out Barry Bannon and they are nothing special. He was the difference between the two teams when we played them.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 26, 2021, 02:23:24 pm by vaya »

Wendies success or failure this season very much depends on one player. Take out Barry Bannon and they are nothing special. He was the difference between the two teams when we played them.

This is pretty much the opinion from the Wednesday fans at work. Bannon is their key player, lose him and they've not a lot of confidence in the rest of the team.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on August 26, 2021, 02:31:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Plus when they get to the point where wages aren't paid again! Oops, how did that happen??

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 26, 2021, 02:49:10 pm by jamesrover17 »

Same with us and Whiteman then? For what its worth I think Wednesday are stacked with a lot of talent and athletic players, would kill for a Josh Windass or a Lee Gregory in our team

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on August 26, 2021, 03:07:41 pm by Lesonthewest »

Am I missing something here?

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on August 26, 2021, 03:09:56 pm by jamesrover17 »

I believe there is some sort of theory that Bogle is winding down his contract and then embarking on a music career... Given his first outing on YouTube I'd actually stick to football

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 26, 2021, 06:46:35 pm by Lesonthewest »

I believe there is some sort of theory that Bogle is winding down his contract and then embarking on a music career... Given his first outing on YouTube I'd actually stick to football

Exactly, so we do know he plans to retire then.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on August 26, 2021, 08:45:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Personally I think he ought to take a plumbing course ..........................

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on August 26, 2021, 08:47:44 pm by drfchound »

Personally I think he ought to take a plumbing course ..........................

Wouldn’t he still be playing with the pipes.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on August 26, 2021, 08:54:40 pm by dickos1 »

How do you know he plans to retire?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 26, 2021, 09:22:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Wouldn’t he still be playing with the pipes.

Doh     :lol: :lol:

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 27, 2021, 09:28:38 pm by phil o sophical »
I'm guessing Cristiano Ronaldo got fed up of waiting for us to offload Bogle hence he's had to go back to Utd. Shame really I think he could have done a job for us

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on August 30, 2021, 03:03:52 pm by Lesonthewest »

How do you know he plans to retire?
[/quote

I personally don't, it was what I read either he or his agent was quoted as saying. Why do you know otherwise?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012