Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:21:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Rotherham United game  (Read 3983 times)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
Re: Lets talk about the Rotherham United game
« Reply #30 on August 28, 2021, 03:20:20 pm by StocksArmy »
The patterns of play are there for all to see. But we have to some business in the coming days. Dont hope for Taylor amd Fej either, they are not the answer. We didnt get a sniff even with 10 men. Ethan Galbraith is the best i have seen play at this level for a very long time. Far too good to play in a team so powder puff upfront.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 28, 2021, 03:29:39 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Whatever happens with the Bogle 'situation', I'd be surprised if Richie wasn't given the necessary to bring in the striker he's after. I agree that even with Fej & Taylor back I think we'd struggle.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 28, 2021, 03:45:43 pm by selby »
  The stats on the BBC report indicates we dominated the ball, also we had 9 shots hardly any on target, we definitely need our strikers back fit we already have and at least one addition, unlucky we are but we cannot be left in this position again.
  Wellen's must have us playing reasonably well football wise, no team are actually giving us a thumping, so get some semblance of fire power in front of goal and we could do quite well.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 28, 2021, 04:16:57 pm by the vicar »
We just went through the motions in the second half even though they were a man down.  Every ball ether went straight into the keepers arms or out of a goal kick, we need some quality ball in the danger zone but we can sort that in training.  They all got a right going over at half time by RW

Friendly Miller

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 28, 2021, 04:18:49 pm by Friendly Miller »
Probably the stats were more to do with us leaving 1 up and 2 banks of 4 when we went down to 10 men.

Anyway good luck rest of season cya next year.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 28, 2021, 04:28:13 pm by Jonathan »
We could certainly do with Kieran Sadlier back in our team.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 28, 2021, 04:29:00 pm by goalkick »
Maybe we can play ten men every week and we will dominate.eleven v eleven we were second best.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 28, 2021, 06:03:36 pm by scawsby steve »
  The stats on the BBC report indicates we dominated the ball, also we had 9 shots hardly any on target, we definitely need our strikers back fit we already have and at least one addition, unlucky we are but we cannot be left in this position again.
  Wellen's must have us playing reasonably well football wise, no team are actually giving us a thumping, so get some semblance of fire power in front of goal and we could do quite well.

Brian, had it not been for the red card we'd have had a real thumping today, make no mistake.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 28, 2021, 09:13:43 pm by Campsall rover »

Brian, had it not been for the red card we'd have had a real thumping today, make no mistake.
Steve in what exactly do yo base that statement on?

We had 61% possession first half.
Overall 64%
Which keeper had more to do.
Who made most saves in the game.

The difference is they took 2 of their chances and we took none.

Which match were you watching.
The only area Rotherham were better than us was the ability to score.
There is no evidence at all they would have given us a pummelling with 11 men.
Opinions hey, what would we have to talk about if we all saw the same things.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 11:25:17 am by Campsall rover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 28, 2021, 09:16:27 pm by roversdude »
That’s the way I saw it too Campsall

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 28, 2021, 09:21:40 pm by scawsby steve »

Overall 64%
Which keeper had mor to do.

The difference is the took 2 of their chances and we took none.

The only area Rotherham we’re better than us was the ability to score.

One disallowed goal, two point blank saves from Pontus, and Sadlier ripping us a new one all the first half.

What did we offer up front?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 28, 2021, 10:23:45 pm by RobTheRover »
They were far more direct than us. Their first thought was to play it forward, through the gaps for runners, out wide for Sadlier and Ladapo to get a yard and whip a cross. Often they had 4 or 5 in our box to attack the ball, we were playing a more patient build up, and (in my opinion) slowing the game down. Every player wanted 4, 5, 6 or more touches. Rotherham were 2 touches and move it on.

I enjoyed the game, thought we competed well given out current squad limitations, but the differences in the style of play was stark.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 28, 2021, 10:29:43 pm by Alan Southstand »
It should be no surprise to anyone, Rob, they’ve always played that way!

Meanwhile we had 1 shot on target!

It’s all depressingly familiar, game after game. Something needs to change and I don’t just mean the front 3.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 28, 2021, 10:31:44 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Easier to play quick when there’s targets up top to hit and areas you know they’ll be looking to get into. Our midfield with a few forwards in front of it could be brilliant

Also agree with others Taylor and Fej aren’t going to take us flying up the table. Huge improvement on what we have now but not enough if we’re ever to be playoff contenders

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 28, 2021, 10:33:07 pm by River Don »
They were far more direct than us. Their first thought was to play it forward, through the gaps for runners, out wide for Sadlier and Ladapo to get a yard and whip a cross. Often they had 4 or 5 in our box to attack the ball, we were playing a more patient build up, and (in my opinion) slowing the game down. Every player wanted 4, 5, 6 or more touches. Rotherham were 2 touches and move it on.

I enjoyed the game, thought we competed well given out current squad limitations, but the differences in the style of play was stark.

A more patient game isn't necessarily wrong but wasn't Richie wanting a more pressing style?

At the moment it looks like he's got to find a way to deliver goals from midfield. Perhaps that's why we're playing this way?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 28, 2021, 10:48:00 pm by RobTheRover »

A more patient game isn't necessarily wrong but wasn't Richie wanting a more pressing style?

At the moment it looks like he's got to find a way to deliver goals from midfield. Perhaps that's why we're playing this way?

I think that's exactly it. I said before the game today, if we don't get runners from midfield then we will only be threatening from set pieces around the box.  I thought that might be the game plan given the side we started with, but we didn't seem to commit them to draw fouls in the final third too often.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 29, 2021, 08:40:54 am by EasyforDennis »

Overall 64%
Which keeper had more to do.

The difference is they took 2 of their chances and we took none.

The only area Rotherham we%u2019re better than us was the ability to score.

Did you miss the stat that we had ONE shot on target in the whole 90+ minutes?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012