Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:16:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Transfer Update - what can you say?  (Read 7042 times)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Re: Transfer Update - what can you say?
« Reply #60 on August 27, 2021, 07:26:05 pm by danumdon »
What plan could we have had other than the owners put their hands in their pockets? Maybe move quicker on free loans but it'd still be an issue to lots of people.

I'd only say we should of started getting rid of Bogle sooner but i'm sure we've been at that all summer with no takers
RW said after the Stoke game that he had been allowing offers for 2 or 3 months for the likes of bogle, Williams and Butler (we now know they are the 3 who he tried moving on when he first came) but unfortunately only 1 has gone.
and couldn’t we just do with Andrew Buttler right now

I think sometimes you make a stand and you live with it, AB would be great to have just now but we cant keep additional players on contract for just when they may come in handy, our situation with regards to center back is unusual ,to have all your first teamers crocked is rare, even for us.

The extra cost to the player budget would of been even more crippling.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 27, 2021, 07:35:37 pm by the vicar »
Unusual for us you say but t happened a few seasons ago 2 on the trot even where we lost 8/9 players if you remember

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 27, 2021, 07:41:25 pm by godlike1 »
What plan could we have had other than the owners put their hands in their pockets? Maybe move quicker on free loans but it'd still be an issue to lots of people.

I'd only say we should of started getting rid of Bogle sooner but i'm sure we've been at that all summer with no takers
RW said after the Stoke game that he had been allowing offers for 2 or 3 months for the likes of bogle, Williams and Butler (we now know they are the 3 who he tried moving on when he first came) but unfortunately only 1 has gone.

I think sometimes you make a stand and you live with it, AB would be great to have just now but we cant keep additional players on contract for just when they may come in handy, our situation with regards to center back is unusual ,to have all your first teamers crocked is rare, even for us.

He let butt's go because he would ve a constant threat to his job if he'd stayed simple as. No other reason and certainly not based on football. Plus he's never liked him

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 27, 2021, 07:55:49 pm by Batleyred »

He let butt's go because he would ve a constant threat to his job if he'd stayed simple as. No other reason and certainly not based on football. Plus he's never liked him

Glad it’s comedy night on here wow.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 27, 2021, 07:59:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Did your info come from Andy Butler or Ritchie Wellens or is it an assumption based on internet musings?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 27, 2021, 08:12:25 pm by bpoolrover »
Liam Holden has said the forward who they wanted to get on non contract terms didn’t think it was a good idea

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 27, 2021, 08:18:31 pm by jamesrover17 »
Liam Holden has said the forward who they wanted to get on non contract terms didn’t think it was a good idea

Quite right it was a bad idea, didn’t realise we were still in the 2000’s… Bloody non contract terms, players/agents will have laughed at us

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 27, 2021, 08:28:01 pm by elmsallrover »

a threat to his job don't think so butler as a player knew what was going on at the club but when he became manager did nothing to sort the problems out

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 27, 2021, 08:41:42 pm by bpoolrover »
I think butler was let go simply to free up wages, while butts did very well if it meant missing out on a younger player who might become a decent asset he has made the right choice

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 27, 2021, 08:45:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I got the impression it was Butler's decision to leave.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 27, 2021, 08:53:51 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

If we had him then yes he would probs play tomorrow but he would’ve been our 4th choice CB this season so can’t just keep him for maybe 5 or 6 games a season just waiting incase something happens, especially when AB felt like he could still play at a good level week in week out.

There’s also the fact that him and RW don’t get on and if he had stayed there would’ve always been their past hanging around like a bad smell and wouldn’t have been good for the dressing room.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 27, 2021, 08:54:54 pm by Filo »

So stop him training with us

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 27, 2021, 08:57:24 pm by the vicar »
It was but only because he knew he wouldn’t get a game and he wanted to play

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 27, 2021, 08:58:07 pm by drfchound »
We might need him to make the numbers up in training.
Just a thought.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 27, 2021, 08:58:14 pm by danumdon »
Think we still need him to make up the numbers, when the missing 3 come back , get rid  :)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 27, 2021, 09:06:00 pm by Arsenal Of The North »

Quite right it was a bad idea, didn’t realise we were still in the 2000’s… Bloody non contract terms, players/agents will have laughed at us

I don’t agree. It’s an opportunity to put your self in the shop window, if the player comes in and does the business he would be free to move on to a bigger and better offer I would imagine. If he doesn’t do as well as he hopes, he still picks up a match fee and keeping fit.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 27, 2021, 09:09:48 pm by the vicar »
And if he wants to play then get it done as most clubs have got there playing staff in place now and could find himself with no job

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 27, 2021, 09:49:38 pm by bpoolrover »
I got the impression it was Butler's decision to leave.
think your right I think rw told him he would not be first choice so they came to a mutual agreement

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 27, 2021, 09:52:31 pm by DearneValleyRover »
And if he wants to play then get it done as most clubs have got there playing staff in place now and could find himself with no job

There are plenty of clubs in the same position as us just not with the same amount of injuries

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 27, 2021, 10:10:47 pm by the vicar »
I think there will be some twists and turns in the window for us and we will bring players on and some will go but that is just my thoughts

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 27, 2021, 10:14:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We will know on Tuesday night.  It's a huge few days ahead and there is still time to get it right.  Makes tomorrow very tough though.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 28, 2021, 02:09:18 pm by Jonathan »
The need for a forward here at Rotherham is beyond desperate. Hopefully the money we’ve saved by not signing one for the first month of the season can go into the pot to helping us loan someone on Monday / Tuesday. Otherwise get the scouts out across the Sunday League tomorrow to see if there’s anyone we can pick up on non-contract terms. We can’t play the season like this it’s a joke.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 28, 2021, 02:19:04 pm by tommy toes »
I've always supported the board for bankrolling us over the years, but this threadbare squad needs adding to NOW.
Other sides far smaller than us seem to have much deeper squads despite the pandemic.

Needs must at the moment in afraid.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 28, 2021, 02:53:38 pm by ravenrover »
Love it, let's all spend somebody elses money just to satisfy someones instant cravings. I wamt it now! Pity thete is no footstamping emoji

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 28, 2021, 02:58:44 pm by chrisfisher »
Love it, let's all spend somebody elses money just to satisfy someones instant cravings. I wamt it now! Pity thete is no footstamping emoji

Enjoy League Two .

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 28, 2021, 03:15:29 pm by ravenrover »
You won't? I will I enjoyed non League too.. You see when you support little ol'donny rovers you take the rough with the smooth. We're never going to be anything else than a middle of the road football club, thankfull to be baled out every season by the finances and generosity of our owner. I worry for the day when he says that's it no more from me pay your own way.
Take it you'll be floating off somewhere else if we do go down, please!

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 28, 2021, 03:16:10 pm by chrisfisher »
You won't? I will I enjoyed non League too.. You see when you support little ol'donny rovers you take the rough with the smooth. We're never going to be anything else than a middle of the road football club, thankfull to be baled out every season by the finances and generosity of our owner. I worry for the day when he says that's it no more from me pay your own way.

You clearly have no ambition in life.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 28, 2021, 03:23:55 pm by silent majority »

You clearly are a serial moaner.

But I fail to see how an individuals ambition relates to the team you support.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 28, 2021, 04:58:08 pm by ravenrover »

Achieved everything I ever wanted in life, probably more than I ever dreamt possible old boy. You?
Watching Rovers is just one of my hobbies.
Still not answered the questions though eh!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 28, 2021, 05:17:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think we need to assess on Wednesday morning.  It is the job of those running the club to get Wellens the forwards he needs one way or another. Without it we are relegation favourites and that would be criminal as the defence and midfield has been mostly ok.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012