Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:28:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grim viewing  (Read 4000 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Grim viewing
« Reply #30 on August 29, 2021, 08:33:01 am by RobTheRover »
f**k I just realised there’s only 41 league games left.

Oh b*llocks!! We're bloody relegated then. Shit,shit, shit! Piss poor Rovers... What a strange world it is that we live in these days.

BobG

Bob, I respect you because you’ve been through the hard yards, but when you are spending £1000s a year watching that shite you know it’s bad

I've spent many thousands watching us when we were really shite. Cluelessly shite. This isn't shite. It's the effects of having a small squad and an outbreak of injuryitis.  We've come a long way since the opening game, Richie himself said we were 2 weeks behind being ready for the season starting due to Covid and injuries. Why are people so shocked we've struggled a little?  We haven't been battered. We've competed every game. The players available are round pegs in square holes and it shows at times but they are all putting 100% effort in. Does anyone think they aren't hurting too?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 29, 2021, 08:40:32 am by Campsall rover »

Oh b*llocks!! We're bloody relegated then. Shit,shit, shit! Piss poor Rovers... What a strange world it is that we live in these days.

BobG

Bob, I respect you because you’ve been through the hard yards, but when you are spending £1000s a year watching that shite you know it’s bad
If you think that is shite then you have not watched many games of football CC
That was an entertaining game yesterday beaten by a team with a clinical finisher. Yes we were impotent up front but we know that. You only need to look at the starting 11 with no striker.
Pompey game was one of the best 0-0 draws i have seen.

Short memories this forum was full of positivity at 5.00 pm last Saturday. 
How unbelievably fickle some of our fans are.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Until we get a goal scorer in and or our injured front players back 100% fit we are going to have problems.
Just accept it and let RW get on with the job he has only just started.

This is a SOD 2006 scenario all over again. Look where that ended. 

Please can we have some common sense on this forum and some grown up debate instead of throwing the toys out of the pram. ( not aimed at you CC but this post of yours is not one i can agree with )
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 11:34:48 am by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 29, 2021, 08:52:06 am by drfchound »
Ok. Fair enough Colin. I accept that the team didn't play well. It's bloody frustrating. But I find the cotinuous pointless bleats of some posters equally so. Comments on performance are fine. Tyey are newsworthy and relevant. But i'm sure you know to what I am referring!

Cheers!

BobG

Colin has a very valid point and also it is also the case that anyone posting anything negative concerning the club is jumped on straight away by certain posters acting like members of a cult who believe they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong to do so. Many of whom don't attend many if any games each season.

Let’s be honest E4D.
That is the way it is on many subjects on this and probably all forums.
As you say, if anyone criticises the club they are rubbished but likewise, if people support the board/owners etc then they are accused of wearing the fabled rose tinted specs.
In the off topic section, one group might turn every subject into an attack on the government and another group might rubbish all of that.
Inevitably that leads into some very strange “discussions”.
Most of the above scenarios degenerate into personal attacks on the posters by other posters.
Far too many threads follow these trends but somehow it is expected.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 29, 2021, 08:52:45 am by Spud »
Some of the stuff on this forum.....
Friday night & Saturday morning the concensus was we were in for a hammering, 5-0 was mentioned, as was cricket score.
As it turns out 2-0, a game we competed in yet fell short for reasons obvious to us all. By an hour or so after the final whistle we've got a thread titled "as bad as it gets" & a league table relegating us after 5 games, jesus, get a grip lads.

Thank god the support in the stands doesn't reflect the support on here at times, great effort by everyone there yesterday. Keep the faith people, it's not 1998.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 29, 2021, 09:01:02 am by tyke1962 »
Just my opinion but how bad things were in the late 90's and We've seen worse doesn't work for me .

Surely it's all about the now and going forward isn't it ?

The club isn't what it was in the late 90's and has had two spells in the championship in relatively recent times .

Surely the bar is set higher these days than when that crook Richardson ran you in to the ground .

Relegation to league two should be considered an absolute disaster and heads at the club should roll .

Again the glad we've still a club to support really wouldn't work for me .

There shouldn't be any free passes at Rovers because of some dark times in the past .

Some very key recruitment needs to happen and very soon or it could be a real struggle .

Personally I think this will happen and you will climb the table .

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 29, 2021, 09:16:55 am by colincramb »

BobG

I've spent many thousands watching us when we were really shite. Cluelessly shite. This isn't shite. It's the effects of having a small squad and an outbreak of injuryitis.  We've come a long way since the opening game, Richie himself said we were 2 weeks behind being ready for the season starting due to Covid and injuries. Why are people so shocked we've struggled a little?  We haven't been battered. We've competed every game. The players available are round pegs in square holes and it shows at times but they are all putting 100% effort in. Does anyone think they aren't hurting too?

That’s fine, the 90s were bad

BobG

That was an entertaining game yesterday beaten by a team with a clinical finisher. Yes we were impotent up front but we know that. You only need to look at the startingThe Pompey game was one of the best 0-0 draws i have seen.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Until we get a goal scorer in and or our injured front players back 100% fit we are going to have problems.

Please can we have some common sense on this forum and some grown up debate instead of throwing the toys out of the pram. ( not aimed at you CC but this post of yours is not one i can agree with )

BobG

That was an entertaining game yesterday beaten by a team with a clinical finisher. Yes we were impotent up front but we know that. You only need to look at the startingThe Pompey game was one of the best 0-0 draws i have seen.

Unbelievable Jeff.

“Haven’t watched many games of football”? But I’ve dared to criticise the performance so obviously I know nothing. Sorry, forgive me for thinking we were great at Accrington or we had a shot on target yesterday. 

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 29, 2021, 09:52:17 am by Spud »
Just my opinion but how bad things were in the late 90's and We've seen worse doesn't work for me .

The club isn't what it was in the late 90's and has had two spells in the championship in relatively recent times .

Surely the bar is set higher these days than when that crook Richardson ran you in to the ground .

Relegation to league two should be considered an absolute disaster and heads at the club should roll .

There shouldn't be any free passes at Rovers because of some dark times in the past .

Some very key recruitment needs to happen and very soon or it could be a real struggle .

It's about putting perspective on things Tyke, certain posters on here will tell you they've been supporting Rovers for x amount of years yet then witness the worst performance they've ever seen about half a dozen times a season.
We got beat 2-0 away to a team that will be up there at the end of the season, with a lot of bodies missing, it's hardly the end of the world.
Anyone remember the last time we won at Rotherham?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 29, 2021, 10:17:19 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
We looked good in the middle of the park at times yesterday. Nice triangles zipping off each other. Just nothing in the final third.

We'll be fine when players come back. Marathon not a sprint.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 29, 2021, 11:20:46 am by Campsall rover »

It's about putting perspective on things Tyke, certain posters on here will tell you they've been supporting Rovers for x amount of years yet then witness the worst performance they've ever seen about half a dozen times a season.
We got beat 2-0 away to a team that will be up there at the end of the season, with a lot of bodies missing, it's hardly the end of the world.
My hands are up. 1985 3-2  Remember rpthe game quite well.  :thumbsup:

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 29, 2021, 11:24:06 am by Spud »

My hands are up. 1985 3-2  Remember rpthe game quite well.  :thumbsup:

I didn't think there was one on my watch, I started in 88.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 29, 2021, 11:43:57 am by Campsall rover »

BobG

That’s fine, the 90s were bad

BobG

Unbelievable Jeff.

BobG

Unbelievable Jeff.

“Haven’t watched many games of football”? But I’ve dared to criticise the performance so obviously I know nothing. Sorry, forgive me for thinking we were great at Accrington or we had a shot on target yesterday.
I did not say you know nothing Colin. My opinion differs to yours is that ok with you.
There are no right or wrong in a sensible debate.
There are many of your posts that I have a similar opinion. 
There are enough idiots on here to fall out with.  :) 

We had several shots and crosses that the keeper blocked all straight at him but with the strike force we had i do not know what any of us should expect. But it isn’t goals that’s for sure. It is not tophe midfielders fault if they do not have someone making a movement in the box to get on the end of crosses and passes.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 29, 2021, 03:29:05 pm by ravenrover »
If we think it's bad what must The Tractorboys fans be thinking after all the dosh they have spent

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 29, 2021, 05:18:50 pm by scawsby steve »

Excellent post, Tyke.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 30, 2021, 09:22:01 am by Alan Southstand »
Seconded.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012