Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:48:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joe Dodoo  (Read 9558 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Joe Dodoo
« on September 06, 2021, 12:06:47 pm by Donnywolf »
Just signed

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Joe Dodoo
« Reply #1 on September 06, 2021, 12:13:32 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
2 year deal.

Come on Dodoo, do the business.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 06, 2021, 12:13:43 pm by Jonathan »
Two year deal. Let’s hope he proves worthy of that not inconsiderable investment.

He’s worked with Wellens before. So hopefully that has some impact from a due diligence perspective.

His goals record to date is clearly not all that great, but he gets a chance here to become a fixture and hopefully offers something that we’ve been missing. If he puts himself about physically, makes runs that offer options and links play then he’ll be an improvement on what we currently have. And a few goals would be nice too.

I just hope we haven’t panicked on the deal offered and taken away the option of adding a player Wellens really wants in January. But we have to trust in this one. He’ll get my full support and encouragement starting at Wigan.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 06, 2021, 12:14:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I thought one of the reasons Charlton finished strong on Saturday was down to Dijksteel.

Meanwhile, Blackpool were doomed at Bristol on introducing Virtue-Thick and Jo Dodoo. Virtue-Thick has to be the crappest name going.

sorry mate you seem to have missed all my posts about him over the last few months he is trying to drop the "thick" bit from his name can't understand why X Liverpool then Notts county earlier this season

that doddo bloke scored a hattrick for LEICESTER in some game say a couple of years ago and for a few games was the best thing since sliced bread

here he is

He came through the youth academy at Leicester City, and made his debut for them in August 2015, scoring a hat-trick and providing an assist in a 4–1 win at Bury. Later that year, he had a one-month loan at Bury. In July 2016, he signed a four-year deal at Rangers. Dodoo has made limited appearances for the Rangers first team, and has been loaned to Charlton Athletic and Blackpool.

as you all know CLH has made umpteen posts about him over the last few years   here is just one of the posts

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 06, 2021, 12:15:54 pm by Drover »
Have we had any Ghanaians at Rovers before?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 06, 2021, 12:16:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Averages just over 1 in 3 when played up front, not as good record as Okenabirhie but he has a decent overall game and he's definitely the best we could have got from what was available. Welcome Joe!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 01:09:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 06, 2021, 12:16:52 pm by roversdude »
Probably the best of the names touted around
Quite pleased with that

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 06, 2021, 12:18:08 pm by Dare to dream! »
Honestly what’s the point in this singing?

If we wanted him that much, we would have signed him instead of going for Grigg. Now we have him for two years.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 06, 2021, 12:18:19 pm by GazLaz »
Handing two years out to a panic signing when there was no money in the pot a week ago doesn’t scream of joins up thinking with a happy ending does it.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 06, 2021, 12:18:49 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

nor the Gold Coast come to think of it  :coat:

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 06, 2021, 12:22:40 pm by bedale rover »
Looked good last season when scoring against us for Wigan

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 06, 2021, 12:23:20 pm by roversdude »
Can’t win can they, everyone screams for contracts and then when we give them out it’s not good business
Decent age if he starts knocking in goals there is a resale value

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 06, 2021, 12:23:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Omar's eligible for Ghana.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 06, 2021, 12:25:24 pm by Spud »
Certain players fit certain playing styles, management etc. Richie obviously knows him & hopefully he can get him firing.
Also, we don't know how much he's on & thus how much of a gamble/panic this is.
Welcome Joe.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 06, 2021, 12:30:55 pm by DRNaith »
Handing two years out to a panic signing when there was no money in the pot a week ago doesn’t scream of joins up thinking with a happy ending does it.

That's not the context though, is it? We had a plan, that didn't work out, so now got to get something else sorted.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 06, 2021, 12:34:24 pm by jamesrover17 »
Not massively disappointed with this signing, could be a decent pick up... Wigan fans seem to rate him, they offered him a contract by all accounts at the end of last season

2 years seems a bit strange for us, but all part of the new identity

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 06, 2021, 12:36:01 pm by MachoMadness »
I have to say this was my first thought as well. I hope he does well here but it still doesn't make me think we have any recruitment strategy to speak of.

Having said that he was probably the best of the names mooted so let's hope he delivers while Fej is out.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 06, 2021, 12:38:21 pm by GazLaz »

That's not the context though, is it? We had a plan, that didn't work out, so now got to get something else sorted.

Signing players from the smallest pool of players ever available is madness. Not impossible that you pick a good one up but it’s more by luck than judgement.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 06, 2021, 12:43:25 pm by Surrey Rover »

Signing players from the smallest pool of players ever available is madness. Not impossible that you pick a good one up but it’s more by luck than judgement.

Gaz

Given your overwhelming knowledge of the game if we go back to before the window closed just who do you think we should have:
a) Signed?
b) Been prepared to pay?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 06, 2021, 12:44:00 pm by sha66y »
Maybe those that are already lining up to throw the shit at a player that hasn’t pulled on a Rovers shirt yet should re-evaluate their own actual worth to this club….

Same dicks spouting the same “ oh I’m so Disapointed with his stats” bullshit!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 06, 2021, 12:45:54 pm by Jonathan »
I share the concern about the joined up transfer strategy, but the decision has been made on this and he will get my full support and encouragement. Positives that I can think of:

- Leicester produce some good players through their academy
- Wellens will know him from there
- He’s got some experience playing in this division and is young enough to improve
- He’s quick and a decent size so there’s something to work with there
- Wigan offered him a new contract so that’s at least something of a decent sign
- Whilst his goals to games record doesn’t look great, it appears he may have spent some time on the wing

Hopefully he gets fit and up to speed very quickly (we can’t afford for him not to!) and we all need to get right behind him in a Rovers shirt.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 12:52:59 pm by Jonathan »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 06, 2021, 12:53:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
Could be quite a rapid front line, choosing from Taylor, Paddington, Hiwula, Fej and our new man Joe.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 06, 2021, 12:54:52 pm by chrisd_123 »
I share the concern about the joined up transfer strategy, but the decision has been made on this and he will get my full support and encouragement. Positives that I can think of:

- Leicester produce some good players through their academy
- Wellens will know him from there
- He’s got some experience playing in this division and is young enough to improve
- He’s quick and a decent size so there’s something to work with there
- Wigan offered him a new contract so that’s at least something of a decent sign
- Whilst his goals to games record doesn’t look great, it appears he may have spent some time on the wing

Hopefully he gets fit and up to speed very quickly ( we can’t afford for him not to!) and we all need to get right behind him in a Rovers shirt.

This. He's certainly a step up from Bingham/Thomas et al.

Wigan and Bolton fans seem to rate him. It would be interesting to see how many games he actually started during his career. I remember him coming off the bench and scoring again us the other year for Bolton when Dieng trying to walk it out from the back.

He very much sounds like a player who needs to settle somewhere and get regular starts. Could be a very good pick up.

Also first game up against a former club. Guaranteed to score!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 06, 2021, 12:55:20 pm by GazLaz »

Gaz

Given your overwhelming knowledge of the game if we go back to before the window closed just who do you think we should have:
a) Signed?
b) Been prepared to pay?

Harrison on loan from Pompey would have been a pretty good starting point.

You can’t alway sign who you want admittedly.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 06, 2021, 12:57:16 pm by since-1969 »
2 year deal.

Come on Dodoo, do the business.
Good luck to him …  It’s a very unfortunate name if turns out to another Bogle …

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 06, 2021, 12:59:22 pm by Filo »
What do people expect?

Free agents are all we can sign, there’s reasons why they are free agents, give the lad a chance!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 06, 2021, 01:03:34 pm by Barmby Rover »
I hope he does well and becomes a favourite with Rovers, but his goal scoring record does not make him a striker, as his Wiki says he is a winger. That is two wingers signed and still no striker, Ethan Harrison or Cukur seem to be our only options up there.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 06, 2021, 01:03:41 pm by Copps is Magic »
Is he a winger or a striker?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 06, 2021, 01:05:28 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Gaz

a) Signed?
b) Been prepared to pay?

lest we forget this comment about   J.M

More loans than Wonga.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 06, 2021, 01:07:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012