Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:39:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Emma Raducanu  (Read 2851 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Emma Raducanu
« on September 08, 2021, 06:39:18 pm by River Don »
Unbelievable.

Just knocked out the Olympic champion no bother. In her only her second grand slam tournament at the age of 18 after only being given the opportunity as a wildcard at Wimbledon.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Emma Raducanu
« Reply #1 on September 08, 2021, 06:44:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Astonishing performance. Talk about coming from nowhere.

First ever woman to come through qualifiers to the semi of the American Open. She's played 16 sets in the tournament and won every one.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 08, 2021, 07:10:05 pm by DonnyNoel »
Womens tennis is wide open at the moment with the Williams sisters aging, Osaka sadly struggling and Barty blowing hot and cold. Big chance to become a solid top 10 player for ER in the next couple of years plus grand slams are a lot more unpredictable in the womens game.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 08, 2021, 07:36:58 pm by tyke1962 »
Both myself and my partner are massive tennis fans and we go to Wimbledon quite regularly and the O2 Arena in December .

Quite simply she's the best British female tennis player I've ever seen right now .

Phenomenal talent .

To be honest she should win this in my opinion , she's the best still in the tournament .

Absolutely unbelievable the progess she's made since Wimbledon in June .

I thought her forehand was a bit iffy at SW19 .

Certainly ain't now .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 08, 2021, 07:46:58 pm by River Don »
She's smart too having just got A* A levels in Maths and Economics

And good looking, Vogue is already featuring her.

This kid is going to be worth a fortune.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 08, 2021, 08:27:26 pm by tyke1962 »

Not to mention a degree in tennis brains and how to completely take your opponent apart tactically .

She wants to leave the modelling stuff well alone .

Plenty of time for that when she's racked up 10 slam victories in my opinion .

Not be the first pretty female tennis player to focus on that way too much .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 08, 2021, 08:40:39 pm by River Don »
Gabrielle Sabitinni (that's going back a bit) never achieved as much as she might have in tennis but always earned more than the rest because she was a national hero and made so much from fashion.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 11, 2021, 10:57:31 am by sha66y »

Not to mention a degree in tennis brains and how to completely take your opponent apart tactically .

Both myself and my partner are massive tennis fans and we go to Wimbledon quite regularly and the O2 Arena in December .

Quite simply she's the best British female tennis player I've ever seen right now .

Phenomenal talent .

To be honest she should win this in my opinion , she's the best still in the tournament .

Certainly ain't now .

She’s easily the best British female tennis player who’s not British, she less British than good old Maple syrup, or that other Canadian male tennis player, you know the one ….the one who looked like a Mountys mount….

Yeah she plays here and she may even spend her great as yet unearned wealth here, but she just ain’t British…..undoubted talent though!

I suppose this response will be angrily received, but Eh,oh…..

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 11, 2021, 11:05:21 am by tyke1962 »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

She’s easily the best British female tennis player who’s not British, she less British than good old Maple syrup, or that other Canadian male tennis player, you know the one ….the one who looked like a Mountys mount….

Yeah she plays here and she may even spend her great as yet unearned wealth here, but she just ain’t British…..undoubted talent though!

She came to this country as a two year old which is vastly different to Rudeski and more recently Konta .

She's also come through the LTA system in this country which basically equates to discovered , coached and funded by our system .

Born in Toronto but made in England .

It's more than good enough for me at the side of Rudeski and Konta .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 11, 2021, 11:13:05 am by River Don »
Andy Murray went off to Spain to develop his tennis.

This girl is actually a product of the LTA. Which is as amazing as anything else.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 11, 2021, 11:19:27 am by tyke1962 »
Live on channel four tonight coverage starts from 8pm .

Last minute deal done with Amazon Prime which is good news .

Hard to call this final tonight to be honest .

Tough little cookie the Canadian lass who was seriously impressive in her semi final against a more powerful and experienced opponent .

Got three tight sets in this all day long and maybe decided on a couple of big points .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 11, 2021, 11:20:05 am by wilts rover »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

She is as British as the Prime Minister - more so as she spent all her time in education here which he didn't.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 11, 2021, 11:20:20 am by tyke1962 »

This girl is actually a product of the LTA. Which is as amazing as anything else.

Ain't that the truth .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 11, 2021, 11:33:27 am by SydneyRover »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

Johnson was born in the US and plays tennis with Russians for money, but Eh,oh

Oops sorry wilts I see you beat me to it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 11:59:33 am by SydneyRover »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 11, 2021, 11:39:06 am by sha66y »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

She came to this country as a two year old which is vastly different to Rudeski and more recently Konta .

She's also come through the LTA system in this country which basically equates to discovered , coached and funded by our system .

I’ll accept all that as her well earned credentials…….but she’s not British all the same, and that Jock pollock is just a Jock, he probably hates being tied to Britain because he already has an identity…..Scotch!

Lolololololol…having had this disagreement a million times makes nonetheless ignorant and …………….right!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 11, 2021, 11:42:38 am by sha66y »

But not the product of an English womb in an English hospital…..or even an English Dad…Cmon….she’s very possibly the finest adoptable child tennis protégé since Navratilova found out that she had an American bank account….

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 11, 2021, 11:46:50 am by sha66y »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

Johnson was born in the US and plays tennis with Russians for money, but Eh,oh

I don’t dare who was born where and who is representing which country…..a spade is a spade unless it’s not a spade but a rake that can be used as a spade…

I feel like I’ve troll-bombed your back slapping party and put a shit sandwich on the buffet table………..I am deeply sorry and will remove myself immediately….

British………..whatever next!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 11, 2021, 11:48:46 am by tyke1962 »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

I’ll accept all that as her well earned credentials…….but she’s not British all the same, and that Jock pollock is just a Jock, he probably hates being tied to Britain because he already has an identity…..Scotch!

Lolololololol…having had this disagreement a million times makes nonetheless ignorant and …………….right!

Nobody ever suggested the two time Wimbledon and US Open champion was ever anything other than Scottish .

He becomes British when he's two Olympic gold medals round his neck and goes and picks up the Davis Cup .

You might want to try taking those off him .

Good Luck with that .

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 11:51:19 am by tyke1962 »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 11, 2021, 12:03:44 pm by sha66y »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

Nobody ever suggested the two time Wimbledon and US Open champion was ever anything other than Scottish .

He becomes British when he's two Olympic gold medals round his neck and goes and picks up the Davis Cup .

Good Luck with that .

C’mon now tyke…
I might av put the shit sandwich on the buffet but I trusted you at least to give it a wee sniff ( that last bit was said in a Scotch-British accent )…before taking a bite!

Look ..I’m gone , ……….enjoy ya afternoon of drinking fine Romanian wine and Chinese pork balls , ………… I hope she beats that Canadian in the final , however it might get a bit expensive when I fly the Flags ( see what just happened tyke?) ….we funnin!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 11, 2021, 12:12:33 pm by sha66y »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

She is as British as the Prime Minister - more so as she spent all her time in education here which he didn't.

It’s not a competition to find the most qualified non-British Brit

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 11, 2021, 12:16:39 pm by SydneyRover »
or the biggest shaggy story?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 11, 2021, 12:33:05 pm by sha66y »

Stop it Sydney….

I’ve left the Buffet and am making my way to the Rovers hot seat….( not physically as I am currently bedbound ) …..but spiritually I am going to kick every ball…..and hope to score a brace for my beloved team….

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 11, 2021, 12:35:34 pm by ravenrover »
Sha66y as my old Scottish boss regularly told  me Scotch is a drink Scottish is a nationality

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 11, 2021, 12:41:52 pm by SydneyRover »

Stop it Sydney….

I’ve left the Buffet and am making my way to the Rovers hot seat….( not physically as I am currently bedbound ) …..but spiritually I am going to kick every ball…..and hope to score a brace for my beloved team….

piles can be quite debilitating I wish you a full recovery.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 11, 2021, 12:48:42 pm by tyke1962 »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

Good Luck with that .

C’mon now tyke…
I might av put the shit sandwich on the buffet but I trusted you at least to give it a wee sniff ( that last bit was said in a Scotch-British accent )…before taking a bite!

Look ..I’m gone , ……….enjoy ya afternoon of drinking fine Romanian wine and Chinese pork balls , ………… I hope she beats that Canadian in the final , however it might get a bit expensive when I fly the Flags ( see what just happened tyke?) ….we funnin!

I'd have loved Henman to have had the career Murray did but unfortunately it wasn't to be .

I'm not going to shy away from the fact I'd sooner an Englishman win over a Scotsman .

However when your starved of any kind of men's tennis success all your life then hanging my hat on Murray wasn't too difficult .

However I still struggle with the fact that half of the Centre Court crowd and on the hill wanted Federer to win in Andy's first Wimbledon final .

I never got that but perhaps you maybe do ?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 11, 2021, 12:48:53 pm by sha66y »

Stop it Sydney….

Double arthroscopy, with bone and cartlidge removed and rips repaired…..
Surgery was carried out by an Indian guy, but I refuse to take up his nationality just because he’s been intimately involved with the innards of my knees……

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 11, 2021, 12:52:30 pm by SydneyRover »

Stop it Sydney….

Double arthroscopy, with bone and cartlidge removed and rips repaired…..
Surgery was carried out by an Indian guy, but I refuse to take up his nationality just because he’s been intimately involved with the innards of my knees……

Arthur did mine too quite some years ago, I wish you well.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 11, 2021, 12:56:30 pm by sha66y »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

Good Luck with that .

C’mon now tyke…

I'd have loved Henman to have had the career Murray did but unfortunately it wasn't to be .

I'm not going to shy away from the fact I'd sooner an Englishman win over a Scotsman .

However when your starved of any kind of men's tennis success all your life then hanging my hat on Murray wasn't too difficult .

However I still struggle with the fact that half of the Centre Court crowd and on the hill wanted Federer to win in Andy's first Wimbledon final .

I think he ( Murray ) had made some pro scotch statement somewhere during the less financial part of his life……and the English just didn’t forget….

Like you I look forward to a true English Male/Female winning a tournament just so we can open up a priveledged versus Poor  discussion….let’s face it , ya gotta be middle class and of  wealthy parentage to just afford the whites lol

Enjoy your afternoon and that bird winning tneet!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 11, 2021, 01:15:19 pm by tyke1962 »

Phenomenal talent .

Certainly ain't now .

Good Luck with that .

C’mon now tyke…

I think he ( Murray ) had made some pro scotch statement somewhere during the less financial part of his life……and the English just didn’t forget….

Like you I look forward to a true English Male/Female winning a tournament just so we can open up a priveledged versus Poor  discussion….let’s face it , ya gotta be middle class and of  wealthy parentage to just afford the whites lol

Enjoy your afternoon and that bird winning tneet!

If a Scotsman wanted the England international team to do well I'd have called " fake words " on it .

Murray couldn't win in my opinion .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 11, 2021, 01:23:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Tyke you've dashed the vision of a Barnsley fan, flat cap, collar up against the wind with fag behind the ear .................. to strawbs and cream, centre court and sunshine!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012