Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:24:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That one’s for everyone that didn’t panic  (Read 9274 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
That one’s for everyone that didn’t panic
« on October 02, 2021, 05:01:45 pm by Jonathan »
Showed some real fight today. Great result. Hopefully that silences the doubters and doom mongers at least for a short while.

You do NOT sack managers this early on. Give this team and manager time. We’ll have some bumps in the road, but stick with it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pside

• Forum Member
Re: That one’s for everyone that didn’t panic
« Reply #1 on October 02, 2021, 05:06:14 pm by Pside »
Big win that. They were a very good footballing team

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 02, 2021, 05:12:04 pm by normal rules »
The possession tells a story. I chuckled when cukur scored, albeit from close range, but some were slating him pre match and did not want him to play.
Nice to a few yellow cards. There is some fight there.
Why did villca come off at ht?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 02, 2021, 05:12:37 pm by Bessie Red »
This is what you get when you show the fight and desire needed to win professional football matches. Could've crumbled after their equaliser but no they did all the basics well and showed desire and aggression. MK looked better than us technically but we stuck at it and got a deserved win, deserved simply due to providing a completely different attitude than Tuesday!!

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 02, 2021, 05:13:57 pm by Peebles Rover »
And are we not due players back for our next game?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 02, 2021, 05:14:28 pm by Bessie Red »
Just got to say aswell how well Bostock played, he is different class and we need to have him playing week in week out.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 02, 2021, 05:16:16 pm by normal rules »
And are we not due players back for our next game?

I believe so. 2 week gap also. Crewe game off due to call ups.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 02, 2021, 05:17:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Fej will be in the squad for the next game.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 02, 2021, 05:17:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
The possession tells a story. I chuckled when cukur scored, albeit from close range, but some were slating him pre match and did not want him to play.

Vilca hit the post early on and did one or two other good things. However, as the half went on he had three critical mis touches/controls, two of which led directly to the chances for them. The lad has something but does not have the basics of a regular pro.

The problem is Dierdre Barlow replaced him and unfortunately was just as bad.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 02, 2021, 05:17:18 pm by Jonathan »
We were up against a high flying team that have spent loads of money. We were coming off a 6 nil defeat. Of course we were going to have spells where they looked better than us. But let’s not forget we could’ve been out of sight early on with the two that hit the post as well as the goal.

Players came out and straight away showed that they were up for putting Tuesday behind them.

Sack the manager? f**k off you fair weathers. It’s many of our so called supporters that aren’t mentally tough enough.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 02, 2021, 05:18:09 pm by mushRTID »
Have you ever seen a player throw himself to the floor so regularly as Lewington. Tried refereeing the game too all shift.

He deserved that result the cheating t**t.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 02, 2021, 05:18:23 pm by GazLaz »
Just got to say aswell how well Bostock played, he is different class and we need to have him playing week in week out.

He’d be better if he bothered to run and didn’t nesh out of any form of contact.

We played a very good team today, we weren’t great but we battled to stay in the game and got a bit of fortune in the end. Great result going into a break with players due to return soon.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 02, 2021, 05:20:52 pm by mushRTID »

He’d be better if he bothered to run and didn’t nesh out of any form of contact.

We played a very good team today, we weren’t great but we battled to stay in the game and got a bit of fortune in the end. Great result going into a break with players due to return soon.

I was going nuts at Bostock, he infuriated me today. He backed out of almost every tackle.
He’s a luxury, he’s undoubtedly a very good player who I really rate but we aren’t good enough to have a central midfielder neshing every tackle.

I agreed with him going off.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 02, 2021, 05:22:50 pm by Copps is Magic »
It was a weird game to assess because based on possession they dominated, but based on chances it was even. This is definitely one of those wins I will 'take' because confidence was getting very low in the squad. On Iplayer, they zoomed in on Cukur at the end and he was over the moon with his goal. I have doubted the lad, but he tapped one in today and his tenacity created the goal at Plymouth. If he can learn quickly he could make something of himself.

Dodoo and Hiwula have added to our attacking options undoubtedly but I feel we are knocking it long to them too often. We can be more composed in possession and build from the back.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 02, 2021, 05:24:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
We were up against a high flying team that have spent loads of money. We were coming off a 6 nil defeat. Of course we were going to have spells where they looked better than us. But let’s not forget we could’ve been out of sight early on with the two that hit the post as well as the goal.

Players came out and straight away showed that they were up for putting Tuesday behind them.

Sack the manager? f**k off you fair weathers. It’s many of our so called supporters that aren’t mentally tough enough.

Has anyone actually called for him to be sacked?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 02, 2021, 05:25:18 pm by mushRTID »

On twitter loads have

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 02, 2021, 05:30:57 pm by PDX_Rover »

Vilca hit the post early on and did one or two other good things. However, as the half went on he had three critical mis touches/controls, two of which led directly to the chances for them. The lad has something but does not have the basics of a regular pro.

The problem is Dierdre Barlow replaced him and unfortunately was just as bad.

Barlow has something though. His second touch was awful today though, but he does have good positional awareness I think.

I’d like to see Seaman get a chance though. He’s not done anything wrong and is a force down the right.

Bostock - undoubtedly quality but agree he needs to get stuck in. FFS.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 02, 2021, 05:32:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good response today. Far from pretty but then I'm not expecting much pretty football this season. The issue is whether we can stay in the game when under pressure and we showed a different side today. A few more wins ground out like that would be very welcome.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 02, 2021, 05:35:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bostock makes more tackles neshing out than Smith has all season.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 02, 2021, 05:36:22 pm by goalkick »
Honest endeavour and effort against a skilful side. Well done.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 02, 2021, 05:37:00 pm by Bessie Red »

Not really that type of player though and needs younger runners alongside him but there is no doubting his quality. He sees things no other player in our teams sees and has a real calmness about him. I would rather have him playing in a no 10 role further forward. Its no coincidence that we showed more control today than we did against Ipswich and that is largely down to Bostock in my opinion.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 02, 2021, 05:39:16 pm by Bezza »
We have beaten a very good side today, Galbraith was everywhere for 90 mins of nonstop action, Bostock has class if only he could do the full game,

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 02, 2021, 05:39:56 pm by Peebles Rover »

Not really that type of player though and needs younger runners alongside him but there is no doubting his quality. He sees things no other player in our teams sees and has a real calmness about him. I would rather have him playing in a no 10 role further forward. Its no coincidence that we showed more control today than we did against Ipswich and that is largely down to Bostock in my opinion.
Think you’re right - with 2 more defensive midfielders behind him. Wonder if when Owulu is back he could go left back and Rowe could slot into midfield next to Galbraith?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 02, 2021, 05:42:49 pm by DRFCSouth »
Great result, well done. Teams and managers are fair game for criticism though, remember that before telling everyone to f off.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 02, 2021, 05:43:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
We have beaten a very good side today, Galbraith was everywhere for 90 mins of nonstop action, Bostock has class if only he could do the full game,

Galbraith is the most talented player in the squad. With better players around him he would look a lot better.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 02, 2021, 05:45:31 pm by BobG »

[/quote

See the poll....

BobG

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 02, 2021, 05:45:41 pm by Jonathan »
Great result, well done. Teams and managers are fair game for criticism though, remember that before telling everyone to f off.

Who has told everyone to f**k off? I said the people calling for the manager to be sacked already can f**k off. But I’d very much hope that’s only the braindead minority that seem to want everyone sacked.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 02, 2021, 05:47:40 pm by Bessie Red »

Galbraith is the most talented player in the squad. With better players around him he would look a lot better.
Agree that Galbraith is very talented but Bostock has talent, experience and calmness that sets him apart in this team. You can see why he was labelled as "the next big thing" back in the day & I believe we are lucky to have him & is the only thing that DM got right.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 02, 2021, 05:48:06 pm by The Beast »
Have you ever seen a player throw himself to the floor so regularly as Lewington. Tried refereeing the game too all shift.

He deserved that result the cheating t**t.

An absolute Rolls Royce of a player but what an absolute tosser! Was smoking a cigar for most of the game, was great to see him get rattled, how did he not get booked for his Cumbrian throw on Cukur? Loved how Cukur gave him it at the final whistle!
 :woohoo:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 02, 2021, 05:48:38 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Is Olowu the new Ostler/Sharpe?  :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012