Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:43:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where on earth will all the ICE cars go.  (Read 837 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Where on earth will all the ICE cars go.
« on October 19, 2021, 07:36:51 pm by normal rules »
I am one who likes to look forward and imagine what the future may look like.
I find myself driving around at the moment looking at all the ICE cars driving around. I’ve been thinking, where are all these cars going to go in not too many years? I am confident the govt of the day will make it very cost prohibitive for anyone to drive a fossil fuel car in not too many years.
I was putting around eBay last night and was shocked at how cheap some used cars have become. Has realisation set in? New diesels and petrol cars are being phased out in 8 years. Electric car sales are going through the roof.
There are many many people, who use cheap affordable ice to get around. How many people will simply be priced out of running their ice car and or buying an electric one.
Lots of questions.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Where on earth will all the ICE cars go.
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2021, 07:41:09 pm by drfchound »
I have evidence of used car prices going up NR.
In June I ordered a new car and had to wait over three months for it to be delivered.
I had planned to sell the car to someone like we buy an car.com and in July they offered me a price.
When I sold it to them at the end of August I got £3800 more for it than they offered me in the first instance.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2021, 09:54:04 pm by normal rules »
There is clearly a supply and demand issue currently for nearly new as people, and quite rightly so, are avoiding new purchase. My brother sold his 3 yr old Porsche Boxster back to Porsche Leeds for silly money. Effectively leasing it monthly for Ford Fiesta money.
Im Talking about higher mileage cars that are out of warranty.
Cars that would normally fetch a premium such as sports coupes. Even with high mileage.
They seem to be very very cheap .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2021, 10:28:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Lots don't now want a high emission car they want greener vehicles. The mindset of the consumer is changing.

As for new vehicles demand isn't the problem but lack of ability to meet orders.s

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2021, 09:30:16 am by Axholme Lion »
I was recently offered £9K more than i paid for my car over 18 months ago. Used car prices are huge as you can't get new ones. Boris/Carrie should stick their  electric cars up their a**e along with their heat pump boilers that don't work.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2021, 07:05:44 pm by River Don »
Just looked up our car on Autotrader.

It's going for roughly what I paid for it 2 years ago, even though it has done an extra 40,000 miles.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2021, 02:18:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just looked up our car on Autotrader.

It's going for roughly what I paid for it 2 years ago, even though it has done an extra 40,000 miles.

Similar experience here. The asking price I've just been quoted for my car is 50% higher than the one I was quoted 6 months ago.

There's a very silly bubble going on here.

BahrainRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 21, 2021, 12:27:58 pm by BahrainRover »
Cars are a massive rip off in the UK full stop. Here in the Middle East my Hyundai Santa Fe top of range cost me equivelent of 32k GBP as opposed to 49k for the equivelent in the UK, and thats with a 3.5ltr motor against the 1.6 hybred Uk gets. Also to show its not just here thats cheaper, at my home in the Philippines our Ford Raptor set us back equivelent of 28k as opposed to 48k in the UK. These are both brand new prices.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 21, 2021, 06:10:14 pm by Donnywolf »
All ICE cars will go to India

All 4x4 pick ups will go to Terrorists - especially Toyotas. Even poorest countries have them

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2021, 08:36:00 am by Axholme Lion »
All ICE cars will go to India

All 4x4 pick ups will go to Terrorists - especially Toyotas. Even poorest countries have them

So the emissions in India won't count?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2021, 09:07:44 am by normal rules »
I can’t see 1.2 billion people giving up their two stroke scooters any time soon on the Indian subcontinent .
That’s why the whole climate debate is futile, sadly.
We may try to do our bit in Europe, but less developed countries will continue to f**k the planet .
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 02:52:20 pm by normal rules »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2021, 10:05:56 am by Axholme Lion »
I can’t see 1.2 billion people giving up their two stroke scooters any time soon.
We may try to do our bit in Europe, but less developed countries will continue to f**k the planet .

This is true.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2021, 04:45:32 pm by Donnywolf »
I can’t see 1.2 billion people giving up their two stroke scooters any time soon on the Indian subcontinent .

Eloquently put nr saved me scratting around for a reply. As soon as I read yours I knew you had nailed it lol

Who is going to tell Taleban Hamas et all to give up their Toyota Hi-aces though ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012