Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:03:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gardner  (Read 4043 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Gardner
« on October 26, 2021, 10:19:20 pm by Filo »
Shocking 30 minutes from him, not even Sunday league class, we played with 10 men for that time

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Gardner
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2021, 10:21:56 pm by mushRTID »
I doubt we will see him much again but the “black bank” are out of order signing “f**king useless” when he went off.

Nobody plays badly on purpose.

In fact some of the songs are getting right on my tits. Why are we signing “we are staying up” in bleeding October? Knobs

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2021, 10:27:25 pm by colincramb »
We’ve got the ball/we’ve lost the ball. Cringeworthy

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2021, 10:27:28 pm by normal rules »
He was either on a different planet or carrying an injury. He did not look injured when he came off. I hope he was, because the alternative is that he was just plain useless. Which is a shame, as the team put on a positive performance tonight. And had it not been for a freak og, a winning one.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 26, 2021, 10:29:17 pm by since-1969 »
Shocking 30 minutes from him, not even Sunday league class, we played with 10 men for that time
Why if Knoyle was fit to play wasn’t he brought on from the start and Galbraith playing in midfield, as that’s where he went when Gardner went off and saved us the agony of the watching the first 30mins .

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2021, 10:29:24 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
He looked absolutely b*llocksed when he came off.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2021, 10:30:01 pm by Filo »
He was either on a different planet or carrying an injury. He did not look injured when he came off. I hope he was, because the alternative is that he was just plain useless. Which is a shame, as the team put on a positive performance tonight. And had it not been for a freak og, a winning one.

Freak OG scored by Gardner

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2021, 10:31:04 pm by Ldr »

Nail on head

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2021, 10:32:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Why if Knoyle was fit to play wasn’t he brought on from the start and Galbraith playing in midfield, as that’s where he went when Gardner went off and saved us the agony of the watching the first 30mins .

Assume it was tactical in that he felt Galbraith coming inside from right back last game worked well so he wanted to give it another go.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2021, 10:36:31 pm by mushRTID »
Gardner on twitter;

Feel like I have to apologise to everyone for today! I shouldn’t of even played. I was trying to play through an injury and it was stupid of me because I have killed the lads.Sorry to everyone involved!

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2021, 10:36:59 pm by CJK »
Knoyle doesn't exactly offer a lot apart from being an actual right back, allegedly.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2021, 10:38:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Knoyle doesn't exactly offer a lot apart from being an actual right back, allegedly.

Thought he did alright today tbf.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 26, 2021, 10:46:31 pm by keyser_soze »
Gardner on twitter;

Feel like I have to apologise to everyone for today! I shouldn’t of even played. I was trying to play through an injury and it was stupid of me because I have killed the lads.Sorry to everyone involved!

Just came on to post this. Fair play to the lad for holding his hands up.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 26, 2021, 10:54:36 pm by The Beast »
I’d texted my mate 5 mins before to say he’s got to take him off for Knoyle and push Galbraith forward, just as much because you can’t play your best player at right back as bad as Gardner was. Gardner was woeful, no need for the fans to sing that to him though!
Knoyle did well when he came on but will someone please teach him and Dodoo the offside rule!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 26, 2021, 10:57:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, if he wasn't up to it then I'll spare the berating I was just about to give otherwise  that was one of the all time worst contributions from any player I've seen wearing a Rovers shirt.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 26, 2021, 10:58:16 pm by Filo »
I’d texted my mate 5 mins before to say he’s got to take him off for Knoyle and push Galbraith forward, just as much because you can’t play your best player at right back as bad as Gardner was. Gardner was woeful, no need for the fans to sing that to him though!
Knoyle did well when he came on but will someone please teach him and Dodoo the offside rule!

I agree Dodoo gets caught offside a lot, but there was two or three times tonight he was given offside when he was onside and there was one I can remember from Knoyle was given offside when he was a yard on

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 26, 2021, 11:12:43 pm by dickos1 »
Hiwulu was comfortably onside in the first half when put clean through.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 26, 2021, 11:16:08 pm by The Beast »
Hiwulu was comfortably onside in the first half when put clean through.
Yeah he was, he then got put through again clean through and totally bottled it

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 26, 2021, 11:18:30 pm by robchester »
He was limping on his left leg for his entire time on the pitch

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 26, 2021, 11:35:18 pm by aidanstu »
Richie was doing his nut with Gardner up I the stands; “can’t he f**king move” was one of the things he came out with before shooting down to the touch line to tell him where he needed to be on a few occasions. Gardner did limo off though.

As for the off sides many of them were caused by the runs not being spotted earlier enough; Bostock delayed releasing the ball a few times leading to the player making the run getting berated for not watching his line.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 27, 2021, 01:17:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It seems like Gardner has been so desperate to play, that he has declared himself fit when he wasn’t .
It might not have worked out today , everyone can have an off day, but we need good attitudes like that.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 27, 2021, 07:26:27 am by NickDRFC »
It seems like Gardner has been so desperate to play, that he has declared himself fit when he wasn’t .
It might not have worked out today , everyone can have an off day, but we need good attitudes like that.

That’s not a good attitude to me - him playing was detrimental to the team so if he wasn’t for there’s no way he should have declared himself fit. The medical staff isn’t without blame either - surely they can establish whether a player is actually fit or not?

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 27, 2021, 07:52:43 am by The Beast »
In hindsight I suppose it was obvious he was injured, was just hard to tell as on previous occasions he’s looked totally off the pace, he’s a yard behind the game, constantly reacting rather than reading the game. I know we were short of bodies when we signed him and Barlow but these two are a mile off this level.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 27, 2021, 08:04:23 am by Arsenal Of The North »
I doubt we will see him much again but the “black bank” are out of order signing “f**king useless” when he went off.

Nobody plays badly on purpose.

In fact some of the songs are getting right on my tits. Why are we signing “we are staying up” in bleeding October? Knobs

I don’t sit in the south stand so can’t be 100% sure but the black bank must be run by kids that are just not wise enough yet, could do with some older heads leading it and steering the young ones in the right direction, this is aimed at the chants they choose to sing etc.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 27, 2021, 08:34:53 am by ravenrover »
The way Richie had words with Gardner as he came off tells me he will be bench warming for the rest of his time with us

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 27, 2021, 09:24:47 am by ctay »
The lad has posted on twitter about letting the team down and playing when he shouldnt have done. I have been a critic of his since I first saw him, but the lad made a mistake last night. He looks low in confidence and I dont think we have played him in his best position (not sure what that is thought!),and this really wont help him. Lets hope he gets fit and proves us wrong. Our fans our quick to look for a scapegoat, lets not chuck the lad on the scrapheap yet.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 27, 2021, 11:55:08 am by i_ateallthepies »
Probably harsh but not being fit doesn't account for him running around like a headless chicken.  He just doesn't have a clue what he's supposed to do.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 27, 2021, 12:05:23 pm by roversdude »
That’s the point though - he couldn’t get into the right positions due to his injury

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 27, 2021, 12:05:42 pm by PDX_Rover »
Odd team selection. I think Gardner could be decent… needs to get his head right.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 27, 2021, 12:06:54 pm by since-1969 »

Assume it was tactical in that he felt Galbraith coming inside from right back last game worked well so he wanted to give it another go.
And how did THE  Wellens  tactics workout for Gardener ??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012