Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:05:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scab  (Read 5588 times)

bigallan

• Forum Member
Scab
« on November 08, 2021, 10:08:50 pm by bigallan »
Scab scab scab scab

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

knockers

• Forum Member
Re: Scab
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2021, 10:12:13 pm by knockers »
Oh dear!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 08, 2021, 10:14:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
dinosaur dinosaur dinosaur dinosaur

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 08, 2021, 10:15:36 pm by Draytonian III »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 08, 2021, 10:17:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Good grief.   :headbang:

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 08, 2021, 10:44:45 pm by bigallan »
It's banter but still history of a good derby and it will get chanted at the game as is deserved

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 08, 2021, 10:50:43 pm by normal rules »
It's banter but still history of a good derby and it will get chanted at the game as is deserved

By kids who weren’t even born then.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 08, 2021, 11:41:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It's not banter.

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2021, 02:16:35 am by bigallan »
The reality of a class that we are working class that have values and not scabs

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 09, 2021, 07:10:26 am by colincramb »

What on earth are you going on about?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2021, 07:11:17 am by roversdude »
They won’t even know what it means, guess it will make a change from the relentless paedo chants that the little darlings usually come out with

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2021, 08:02:45 am by The Beast »
They won’t even know what it means, guess it will make a change from the relentless paedo chants that the little darlings usually come out with
That’s the problem isn’t it, people don’t know history, even very recent history. Most people go through life with a blind fold on, believe what they’re told on Facebook and Twitter now. I had to explain to some of the team I coach what the minute silence was for at the weekend, unbelievable! I dare say quite a few of our fans didn’t know. Not been away much over the last year, is the Paedo chanting the norm now?
 Personally never liked Mansfield, more so than Scunny and Rotherham, worked and played a lot of football around Nottinghamshire, horrible.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2021, 08:13:13 am by Chris Black come back »
Not sure they will be bringing that many anyhow. Expect most of their lads will be working when the action is happening.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 09, 2021, 08:40:42 am by roversdude »
That’s the problem isn’t it, people don’t know history, even very recent history. Most people go through life with a blind fold on, believe what they’re told on Facebook and Twitter now. I had to explain to some of the team I coach what the minute silence was for at the weekend, unbelievable! I dare say quite a few of our fans didn’t know. Not been away much over the last year, is the Paedo chanting the norm now?
 Personally never liked Mansfield, more so than Scunny and Rotherham, worked and played a lot of football around Nottinghamshire, horrible.

Unfortunately it now seems the norm to chant abuse rather than get behind the team.
The last 2 away games consisted of mainly paedo chants, even aimed at Gomes. On Saturday throughout the second half it was just abuse aimed at their keeper (don’t even know if he has done anything wrong)
Granted there wasn’t much to cheer about on the field but we really have some d**kheads following the Rovers

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 09, 2021, 08:53:50 am by Campsall rover »
They are sad pathetic ignorant idiots.

They are a sad reflection of society and do not show Rovers in a good light.
Yes all clubs have them but we seem to have more than our fair share.

Is it so difficult to just get behind the team and sing proper football songs.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 09, 2021, 09:01:00 am by drfchound »

Unfortunately it now seems the norm to chant abuse rather than get behind the team.
The last 2 away games consisted of mainly paedo chants, even aimed at Gomes. On Saturday throughout the second half it was just abuse aimed at their keeper (don’t even know if he has done anything wrong)
Granted there wasn’t much to cheer about on the field but we really have some d**kheads following the Rovers

That inane taunting of the Scunny keeper is just pathetic.
It happened the last time we were there too to the same keeper.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 09, 2021, 09:22:52 am by Goole Rover »
Not sure they will be bringing that many anyhow. Expect most of their lads will be working when the action is happening.
Very subtle, bet he doesn’t get it.

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 09, 2021, 10:21:25 am by Super Colin Cramb »
How’s pathetic is it that singing paedo chants is seen as funny and appropriate! As a youngster I would sing my heart out to support the club, would never of entered my head to sing about child abuse. Maybe says more about the people singing these things and their lived experiences.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 09, 2021, 11:02:19 am by ravenrover »
Scab scab scab scab

Just for clarity, were you involved in the 1984/5 strike?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 09, 2021, 11:21:55 am by glosterred »

FFS it was nearly 40 years ago, move on.

COYR

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 09, 2021, 12:14:58 pm by roversdude »
Yep our 12 year olds will shout it at their 12 year olds

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 09, 2021, 01:30:56 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Transported back to 1984, just what we need. Might be a good idea if these supporters just got behind the team, leave politics to others.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 09, 2021, 02:20:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It's a pity your precious 'values' don't include knowing what banter really is, and it's not the moronic use of the word that you're using as a figleaf for your pathetic behaviour.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 09, 2021, 03:07:16 pm by Jimmydee »
Scab, scab, scab, scab.    Yes, me too, it’s still raw.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 09, 2021, 05:52:29 pm by ravenrover »
Do they still burn old ladies as witches where you live?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 09, 2021, 06:05:38 pm by Sprotyrover »
This sort of retarded attitude does not stand us in good Stead,Scargill has a lot to answer for by calling the Strike in an un democratic fashion.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 09, 2021, 06:43:14 pm by Goole Rover »
This sort of retarded attitude does not stand us in good Stead,Scargill has a lot to answer for by calling the Strike in an un democratic fashion.
Absolutely spot on he used good men for his own political ends. He also played the ace card, lost and took away the bargaining power of the moderate unions.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 09, 2021, 06:44:11 pm by normal rules »
Does anyone think things would have been different if everyone went out on strike back then?
Just more families without food on plates.
And yes, I was around in the 80,s. Mums family from stainy, dads from Moorends. Both pit families.
Striking was as a futile then, as it is now.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 09, 2021, 06:51:50 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Does anyone think things would have been different if everyone went out on strike back then?
And yes, I was around in the 80,s. Mums family from stainy, dads from Moorends. Both pit families.

No I believe you are wrong, if Scargill had put his ego to one side and called a vote the strike would have been legal and then more industries would have been inclined to join in. Remember that up till then Unions we’re far stronger before that strike

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 09, 2021, 06:54:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No I believe you are wrong, if Scargill had put his ego to one side and called a vote the strike would have been legal and then more industries would have been inclined to join in. Remember that up till then Unions we’re far stronger before that strike

I'd have to look it up to be certain but I think secondary strikes had been made illegal by that time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012