Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:17:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What do you miss most about Belle vue?.  (Read 4252 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: What do you miss most about Belle vue?.
« Reply #60 on December 01, 2021, 08:11:23 pm by scawsby steve »
Archie from Goldthorpe, "oomchiwawa". Always had a band of hillbillies with him.

I've heard he's sadly passed away now.
I was one of those hillbillies SS
Swayo, Cockney Cotton, Winston, the "Lovely" Sue great memories
Stood in the Popside until we knew which way we were kicking and went to the oppo's end before changing round at half time

Was that Roger Cotton? and what about the Haigh brothers?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 01, 2021, 08:20:50 pm by idler »
Archie from Goldthorpe, "oomchiwawa". Always had a band of hillbillies with him.

Stood in the Popside until we knew which way we were kicking and went to the oppo's end before changing round at half time
I must know you by sight Raven if you knew all of them.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on December 01, 2021, 08:49:45 pm by Juddy »
I remember Archie being my hero if I remember right he used to wear a heavily knitted jumper home made with footballers on ?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 01, 2021, 09:10:29 pm by ravenrover »

Yep  Rog Cotton last time I saw him was at Coventry away a few years back, forgot about Haighie, now who was it used to wear the wig was it Swayo or Haighie?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 02, 2021, 04:06:12 am by scawsby steve »

Yep  Rog Cotton last time I saw him was at Coventry away a few years back, forgot about Haighie, now who was it used to wear the wig was it Swayo or Haighie?

Haighie.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 02, 2021, 03:24:04 pm by Danmckay456 »
Winning or having a chance at 3 points

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 02, 2021, 04:34:58 pm by wing commander »
 The burgers on the popside.. They were hot straight off the griddle with onions served by friendly smiling staff,ok they were pretty rubbery but a million times better than the pre-packed luke warm rubbish for a trillion quid we get served up by people who look and act like they would prefer to be anywhere in the world than there.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 02, 2021, 05:23:26 pm by wesisback »
The burgers on the popside.. They were hot straight off the griddle with onions served by friendly smiling staff,ok they were pretty rubbery but a million times better than the pre-packed luke warm rubbish for a trillion quid we get served up by people who look and act like they would prefer to be anywhere in the world than there.
If you were lucky and your stomach could take it, they'd be selling the few that were left off on the cheap at full time as well.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 02, 2021, 06:04:04 pm by River Don »
I miss queuing up for the kiosk and then pie, peas and an Oxo. You could pour a spot on to add to the gravey. The one thing about Richardson era, the catering wasn't bad.

I also really miss the terrace humour.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 03, 2021, 08:39:43 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Mrs Robinson’s outbursts, Carol in the club shop, the character, the massive pitch, the diamond lights, the smell of smoke, piss and greased onion making it’s way down the terrace. Henry J Allstars before kick off, getting wet when it rained, getting burned when it was sunny, going on my own but bumping into the same faces leaning against the same bit of iron, players having a beer in the bar after, players have crack with the fans during the game, and hearing the music and the announcements on the walk through Hyde park and Belle vue. I reckon I got 10 years out of Belle Vue at the absolute max, meaning I’ve had far more out of the keepmoat but to me BV will always be home and this sanitised cereal bowl of corporate averageness, though maybe necessary will always be an imposter.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 03, 2021, 09:18:53 pm by danumdon »

This must be the same Rog Cotton who used to work with my old fella at BR, is he still about last time i saw him was wearing the free t shirt in the south stand at the opening match at KM against Huddersfield.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012