Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:59:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Going, going ..... the right to protest, hmmm where does that remind of?  (Read 2089 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
I don’t need to you’re not on the same planet as me or the majority of people thank goodness
If the police are so corrupt and bigoted who do you call when you have been the victim of crime or need help.  The Ghostbusters

You can't.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Going, going ..... the right to protest, hmmm where does that remind of?
« Reply #31 on December 05, 2021, 10:25:44 pm by tyke1962 »
I don’t need to you’re not on the same planet as me or the majority of people thank goodness
If the police are so corrupt and bigoted who do you call when you have been the victim of crime or need help.  The Ghostbusters

Phil with respect and someone who doesn't agree with Syd too many times to say the least .

I've seen what the police are capable of during the strike when they were used as Thatcher's paramilitaries .

The role of the police is to be impartial and by any stretch of the imagination they weren't .

Orgreave and Hillsborough are classic examples of a corrupt police force .

The Met was called out as institutionally racist following the Stephen Lawrence murder .

The police are part of the Establishment in this country and a gun for hire .

normal rules

• Forum Member
Whilst it’s easy to throw dirt at “the police” which in some cases is quite rightly justified. You have to understand that the police should be viewed at differing levels.
You have the ACPO level ranks, essentially the chiefs of police. Without question, this level of police, the heirarchy, are politicised. No question.
Then there are the middle managers. The inspectors to superintendents. There is some level of politicisation here. But not as much.
Then there are the workers. Pc, dc, sgt and many inspectors.
They don’t have time for politics or care for it much.they just turn up for work and go home.
To brand “the police” as corrupt is just niaive and shallow.
You can accuse many organisations across the board in all walks of life as corrupt or racist if you look deep enough.
Take a look at the history of black miners in the uk for example. Many of which were given the hardest job at the coal face. Because their bosses were clearly racist.The NUM or the NCB didnt get branded as racist though did they?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 11:58:48 am by normal rules »

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Normal

People are only branded as racists by left wing Marxists when it suits their agendas.
There is no consistency in their thought process and they only see things in their one sided biased way

I don’t know why we don’t make them all happy and disband the police get rid of the military sack all management so no one leads and all are equal
Stop paying taxes and allow everyone to do as they please
Let’s give up on society and standards
Just remember normal hard working tax paying home owning non scrounging people to some on here you are the problem with the world

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 06, 2021, 07:43:07 pm by tyke1962 »
Normal

People are only branded as racists by left wing Marxists when it suits their agendas.
There is no consistency in their thought process and they only see things in their one sided biased way

I don’t know why we don’t make them all happy and disband the police get rid of the military sack all management so no one leads and all are equal
Stop paying taxes and allow everyone to do as they please
Let’s give up on society and standards
Just remember normal hard working tax paying home owning non scrounging people to some on here you are the problem with the world

Left wing Marxists hmmm .

Jack Straw the then Home Secretary
ordered Sir William McPherson a retired high court judge to carry out an inquiry in to the murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence .

That subsequent inquiry found that institutional racism not only existed in the Met Police but beyond it including the criminal justice system .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
''Police and governments have done too little to stamp out racial injustice in the ranks, with the failings being systemic and leading to “unjustified inequalities”, a report by an all-party committee of MPs has found.

The report by the home affairs committee was heavily critical of the progress made in the 22 years since the Macpherson report into why the white killers of Stephen Lawrence were allowed to go free, which blamed “institutional racism”

It condemns “deep-rooted and persistent racial disparities” and finds guidelines and recommendations ignored over the past two decades, or not followed through.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/30/mps-rebuke-police-for-systemic-failure-to-improve-record-on-race

It's not like this hasn't been discussed before, maybe some choose not to believe the inquiries and reports.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 06, 2021, 09:21:49 pm by tyke1962 »
''Police and governments have done too little to stamp out racial injustice in the ranks, with the failings being systemic and leading to “unjustified inequalities”, a report by an all-party committee of MPs has found.

The report by the home affairs committee was heavily critical of the progress made in the 22 years since the Macpherson report into why the white killers of Stephen Lawrence were allowed to go free, which blamed “institutional racism”

It condemns “deep-rooted and persistent racial disparities” and finds guidelines and recommendations ignored over the past two decades, or not followed through.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/30/mps-rebuke-police-for-systemic-failure-to-improve-record-on-race

It's not like this hasn't been discussed before, maybe some choose not to believe the inquiries and reports.

Aye and didn't the Met chief when questioned on the matter say " it wasn't helpful " !!!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
So phil, I guess this begs the question, do you agree with Sir William McPherson's report?

(aka lefty Macpherson)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
I can’t say I don’t.  I haven’t read it. I’ve only read what most people have read in the papers and seen the news

I can only suppose that he must have found something but to class all police officers as racist on the back of it is not right

It’s like classing all DRFC forum members as left wing anti government Marxists

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
I can’t say I don’t.  I haven’t read it. I’ve only read what most people have read in the papers and seen the news

I can only suppose that he must have found something but to class all police officers as racist on the back of it is not right

It’s like classing all DRFC forum members as left wing anti government Marxists

Did it say in the original article that all police are racist? has anyone said all police are racist phil?

why you mostly view things through your left-right crystal?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
I believe in consistency and being non hypocritical

Everyone judged on their own merit good or bad

Not labelling any group in generality.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

From what you have learned in this thread do you admit to being incorrect labelling the calling out of police as institutionally racist as a lefty thing?

drfchound

• Forum Member

Yeah, it’s crackers to label them as all being the same. (Here he comes).

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

From what you have learned in this thread do you admit to being incorrect labelling the calling out of police as institutionally racist as a lefty thing?

If you need a bit more time phil, that's fine

phil old leake

• Forum Member
I’ve learned nothing in this thread apart from people having indoctrinated dislike for things of authority

I absolutely do not agree that the average police officer in this country is institutionally racist.

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone believes that the average officer who potentially puts themselves at risk every day aren’t decent people

Anyway Sydney respond to this with some more of you’re negativity.

There won’t be any more from me on the subject. Your views for me are so far away from mine and reality there’s no point going on

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
I’ve learned nothing in this thread apart from people having indoctrinated dislike for things of authority

I absolutely do not agree that the average police officer in this country is institutionally racist.

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone believes that the average officer who potentially puts themselves at risk every day aren’t decent people

There won’t be any more from me on the subject. Your views for me are so far away from mine and reality there’s no point going on

I can understand why you have ''learned nothing from this thread'' phil as it has never been said that all coppers are racist, straw man argument. It's a bit weird that you call a report by a distinguished high court judge as negativity but there you go. And one last point if you learned nothing and therefore knew everything then you yourself must be the WUM  :)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 07, 2021, 06:40:37 pm by tyke1962 »

I don't respect authority because society says I have to .

I respect authority if I feel they warrant it .

You wouldn't get me bowing to royalty for instance because as far as I can tell they are  a human being the same as me .

I'd refer to someone as a sir because I'd feel they warranted it such as Captain Tom Moore for instance but Philip Green could go feck himself .

Someone giving them a title means nowt to me .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012