Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:06:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meet the owners  (Read 14156 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Meet the owners
« Reply #150 on December 14, 2021, 02:08:30 pm by roversdude »
Of course people can survive a couple of hours without food but it’s about maximising the revenue the club could get

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on December 14, 2021, 02:33:19 pm by Metalmicky »
Of course people can survive a couple of hours without food but it’s about maximising the revenue the club could get

If you are so concerned about maximising the revenue the club gets, you could always buy a lottery ticket or got to the shop and buy a new bobble hat.  I personally will always get my food elsewhere unless they get themselves organised like the Knights do at Castle Park - where they have great food served quickly at reasonable costs.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on December 14, 2021, 03:22:24 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It should be something you look forward to having a bite to eat at the ground, but it’s more of a necessity to try and fill your stomach.
If you get a good reputation for your food, if a supporter is unsure whether to attend a game, it’s just another thing to look forward to.

It is important to be making the maximum amount of money out of every section at the club, while providing value for money.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on December 14, 2021, 03:27:58 pm by 5minstogo »
If Rovers are trying to deliver a good product on the pitch, why are they happy to serve shit off it. Like others have said, its a revenue stream and supposedly Rovers are trying to improve all revenue streams. The concourse catering and service has been shocking since day 1 and no one seems to care.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on December 14, 2021, 03:37:05 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The club should care so much about its supporters that only the best will do. Whereas they are offering substandard at inflated prices.
Surely if a company isn’t delivering what it promised then that’s a contract breaker?.
I know it’s been said that there are not many companies around catering wise. But that to me smacks of not wanting to really look.

There are people who do homemade cooking on the market, curries etc. There are burger vans outside that provide better food. I’m sure they could do a better job than what our supporters are being offered currently.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on December 14, 2021, 03:41:29 pm by roversontheup »
8.00pm - Why have Doncaster Rovers got the lowest budget in the division?

Seriously? :lol:

And, What is the benefit of Club Doncaster?

Deary me.

I actually asked that. Not because I don't understand but because I hear so many others who obviously don't. I felt it a good opportunity for Gavin to explain it when people were taking notice.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on December 14, 2021, 03:54:00 pm by Campsall rover »
If people would stop buying it then maybe something would get done about it.

Don’t buy it. Bring a snack and a flask. Vote with your feet. It’s very simple.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on December 14, 2021, 03:56:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Deary me.

I actually asked that. Not because I don't understand but because I hear so many others who obviously don't. I felt it a good opportunity for Gavin to explain it when people were taking notice.

In which case, we'll done and let's hope all those who still think it's a drain on the club rather than the opposite, take note.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on December 14, 2021, 04:26:06 pm by Campsall rover »

Deary me.

In which case, we'll done and let's hope all those who still think it's a drain on the club rather than the opposite, take note.
Fat chance DBR  There is as much chance as that as there is of Klop being our next manager.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on December 14, 2021, 04:30:48 pm by roversdude »

If you are so concerned about maximising the revenue the club gets, you could always buy a lottery ticket or got to the shop and buy a new bobble hat.  I personally will always get my food elsewhere unless they get themselves organised like the Knights do at Castle Park - where they have great food served quickly at reasonable costs.

Always buy half time draw tickets and subscribe to the Alliance Lottery.
It was just a comment based on everything we hear about catering and seeing how well it can be done such as at the Knights

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on December 14, 2021, 05:42:36 pm by Janso »

Deary me.

A bloke I stand near genuinely believes it's a plot to get money into the rugby club and that we'll be changing the seats to blue if the Dons get into the Super League.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on December 14, 2021, 05:53:47 pm by Filo »

Deary me.

A bloke I stand near genuinely believes it's a plot to get money into the rugby club and that we'll be changing the seats to blue if the Dons get into the Super League.

I’m starting to believe Doncaster is the centre of the thicko’s universe

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on December 14, 2021, 06:08:22 pm by scawsby steve »

I've still got my old pit snap tin and water dudley if anyone wants to borrow them.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on December 14, 2021, 06:49:24 pm by swintonrover »
Regarding food, am I weird that my daily routine is lunch at 12:30 ish and tea about 6 ish? I don't eat between 3 and 5 on a weekday, so why does everyone feel it necessary to do it on a Saturday?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on December 14, 2021, 07:01:41 pm by roversdude »

I've still got my old pit snap tin and water dudley if anyone wants to borrow them.

Posh git I had a bread bag and an old pop bottle

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on December 14, 2021, 08:16:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Regarding food, am I weird that my daily routine is lunch at 12:30 ish and tea about 6 ish? I don't eat between 3 and 5 on a weekday, so why does everyone feel it necessary to do it on a Saturday?

Same here.

I also don't get the obsession with wanting to drink beer before a game either. It's a football match, not a night out.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on December 14, 2021, 08:24:41 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Not weird but some are hungrier than others. Me, mainly.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on December 14, 2021, 08:32:51 pm by Campsall rover »
Maybe that’s why we have the highest level of obesity in Europe. All the c*rap eaten and drunk during football matches.
Fast food society we live in. Anyway so as not to be hypocritical this is a subject on its own and should be in off topic.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on December 14, 2021, 09:31:23 pm by since-1969 »
I don’t think anybody believes the board are taking any money out of the club, with regards to how the Whiteman money has been used.
My opinion is get the first team right on the pitch, then start building downward on facilities, staff, youth team etc. so far the team on the pitch isn’t right and of course the manager.

I understand them not wanting to get the managerial appointment wrong, but the process must be quicker. In football twenty four hours can be a long time, never mind three weeks.
I agree that the board may not be taking money out of the club but by putting a lid on the funds available for each season , almost defines how that season will conclude ie if like this season they are saying it’s the 14th biggest budget then why are we not nearer that mark instead of 22nd , does it  suggest that the money spent already has been poorly spent or the finite amount spent by  clubs below 14th isn’t that different to be competitive enough to avoid a relegation battle and it’s still ultimately about your squads capabilities along with your managers!

Did you not offer up your business case to spend THEIR money for them. Confirmed we are underperforming hence getting rid of the manager
[/quote We got rid of a self obsessed narcissist, who couldn’t run piss up in a brewery. Wellens left the club as though he was in the National League and the players mind set the same.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on December 14, 2021, 09:47:32 pm by bpoolrover »

Same here.

I also don't get the obsession with wanting to drink beer before a game either. It's a football match, not a night out.
to some people it's more than a game of football it's about meeting friends and family and making a day of it, I know many people of different clubs where the result and performance is secondary

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on December 14, 2021, 10:01:04 pm by Janso »

Same here.

One of my mates regularly sees more of the beer kiosk than the actual match.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on December 14, 2021, 10:11:56 pm by Campsall rover »

Same here.

Why doesn’t he go to the pub then. Why pay £20 to watch a match he isn’t watching.  Does not make sense to me.
Same at cricket in the 20/20 games. Some just spend the whole game in the concourse either queuing for a pint or just spending time there drinking three, four or five of them.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on December 14, 2021, 11:11:54 pm by Janso »

Same here.

Why doesn’t he go to the pub then. Why pay £20 to watch a match he isn’t watching.  Does not make sense to me.
Same at cricket in the 20/20 games. Some just spend the whole game in the concourse either queuing for a pint or just spending time there drinking three, four or five of them.

Dunno, his money so I don't question why he spends it how he wants to be honest.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on December 14, 2021, 11:18:35 pm by Campsall rover »

Same here.

Dunno, his money so I don't question why he spends it how he wants to be honest.
Rhetorical question Janso.

How he spends his money is up to him absolutely.  I just don’t understand why people waste their money.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012