Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:20:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Excellent read.  (Read 4005 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Excellent read.
« on December 05, 2021, 07:17:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
So not really an excellent read… and now I have the shame of unknowingly commended Rigo.

I resign with immediate effect.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 08:33:15 pm by PDX_Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Excellent read.
« Reply #2 on December 05, 2021, 08:26:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And it's not an excellent read, it's a character assassination in writing.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 05, 2021, 08:55:09 pm by steve@dcfd »
No it’s not it’s biased

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 06, 2021, 12:12:15 am by silent majority »
Look, I’m no fan of RW, but this is a character assassination with no foundation whatsoever.

This writer has no credibility at all.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 06, 2021, 12:16:49 am by PDX_Rover »
Actually, having read it in full again, I have to agree. It’s very rough. Apologies folks.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 06, 2021, 12:17:23 am by PDX_Rover »
Can this thread be deleted please.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 06, 2021, 09:47:20 am by roversdude »
If Rigo had reigned it in a bit it may have been a good read

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 06, 2021, 11:57:13 am by PDX_Rover »
Oh it’s Rigo is it… ha. Bulls Balls.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 06, 2021, 12:43:48 pm by roversdude »
Sorry PDX you’re down on record now for commending Rigo lol

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 06, 2021, 12:58:29 pm by GazLaz »
You can only think that’s a good read if you are dealing in confirmation bias regarding your own opinion. It’s absolute b*llocks.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 06, 2021, 01:53:53 pm by Fal »
Look, I’m no fan of RW, but this is a character assassination with no foundation whatsoever.

So you say someone that goes to all youth teams games and talks to the youth team who in turn train with Bogle and Williams wouldn't have some form of knowledge whether limited or not about the ongoings at the club?

I'm not saying its all true, but to state it has no credability is a bit far fetched. I mean i know Rigo isn't a well liked person on here but a lot of that article would explain a hell of lot of whats going on.

Of course however you would rather listen to Baldwin who wants the fans to be told certain things (top six budget to Dickov as he discussed on the podcast) which was a lie to make us happy so of course he we tell you completely the opposite. Stuff like that makes things less credible too....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:17:46 pm by Fal »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 06, 2021, 02:15:20 pm by Jonathan »

So you say someone that goes to all youth teams games and talks to the youth team who in turn train with Bogle and Williams wouldn't have some form of knowledge whether limited or not about the ongoings at the club?

I'm not saying its all true, but to state it has no creditability is a bit far fetched. I mean i know Rigo isn't a well liked person on here but a lot of that article would explain a hell of lot of whats going on.

Of course however you would rather listen to Baldwin who wants the fans to be told certain things (top six budget to Dickov as he discussed on the podcast) which was a lie to make us happy so of course he we tell you completely the opposite. Stuff like that makes things less credible too....

I think Rigo has an agenda… whether he has credibility is open to debate. I would imagine the exile of Ed Williams has had an influence over whatever view he has put out in relation to Wellens, given that when we signed Williams he produced a similarly incredible article that made him out to be Kevin De Bruyne. 

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 06, 2021, 02:29:11 pm by Fal »

I'm not saying its all true, but to state it has no creditability is a bit far fetched. I mean i know Rigo isn't a well liked person on here but a lot of that article would explain a hell of lot of whats going on.

I think Rigo has an agenda… whether he has credibility is open to debate. I would imagine the exile of Ed Williams has had an influence over whatever view he has put out in relation to Wellens, given that when we signed Williams he produced a similarly incredible article that made him out to be Kevin De Bruyne. 

Wouldn't the fact that a lot of the forum guys on here are jumping on the bandwagon to slate Rigo be an agenda against him too?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 06, 2021, 02:37:16 pm by Jonathan »

Wouldn't the fact that a lot of the forum guys on here are jumping on the bandwagon to slate Rigo be an agenda against him too?

I don’t know, possibly! I’m just pointing out that he probably has an agenda in producing another piece of fantasy. It doesn’t matter to me whether anyone has an agenda against him in return.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 06, 2021, 02:50:12 pm by BobG »

No FAL. Despite plenty of support in his early years, Rigo has behaved like a total moron for a very long time. He writes garbage - see Jonathan's post above for just one example - and he is unable to distinguish a fact from a belief. That alone makes anything he writes very, very suspect indeed. If he writes for public consumption, as he does, then that public has every right to point out the errors of his own making.

BobG

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 06, 2021, 03:03:02 pm by Fal »

No FAL. Despite plenty of support in his early years, Rigo has behaved like a total moron for a very long time. He writes garbage - see Jonathan's post above for just one example - and he is unable to distinguish a fact from a belief. That alone makes anything he writes very, very suspect indeed. If he writes for public consumption, as he does, then that public has every right to point out the errors of his own making.

BobG

Point proven...

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 06, 2021, 03:26:30 pm by keith79 »
I liked it.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 06, 2021, 03:34:52 pm by BobG »
Thank you Fal. I think that just about closes that particular debate. I'm glad you made my point so eloquently. The inability to distinguish fact from belief is what defines the contributiors to this forum.

In case you've forgotten, I'll remind you of smething PIB said about Rigo just the other day:

"You’ve got to question the judgement of someone who launches a tirade like this against a football manager (albeit a deeply flawed one), but will happily shoot the breeze with Mark Weaver and give him a much more complimentary write-up!"

If that doesn't make Rigo's motivations clear to you, then there is nothing more to say.

Cheers!

BobG
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 03:50:18 pm by BobG »

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 06, 2021, 03:57:13 pm by Fal »
Thank you Fal. I think that just about closes that particular debate. I'm glad you made my point so eloquently. The inability to distinguish fact from belief is what defines the contributiors to this forum.

Cheers!

BobG

The inability to take the blinkers off and see the bigger picture also defines a number of contributions to the forum, its called evaluating things with an open mind without shutting things down. The problem is that its none of the fans business so we will never know the full facts from within the club about whats been happening aside from what Baldwin and the board want the fans to know (which in itself isn't sometimes factual but more to keep us happy) so we are left to discuss possibilities. Unfortunately unless you agree with the majority you get shot down.

Enjoy your evening BobG.

Cheers!

Fal

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 06, 2021, 06:03:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

That would be to assume that people know him or have met him. I've done neither. I do not know him at all.

What I do know though is that that is a disgraceful character assassination disguised as reportage. That someone hasn't got the balls to put online using their own name. Although if they had used their real name I still wouldn't know who it was, so I wouldn't even know it was Rigo - how could I?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 06:10:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 06, 2021, 06:23:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Cheers!

BobG

The inability to take the blinkers off and see the bigger picture also defines a number of contributions to the forum, its called evaluating things with an open mind without shutting things down. The problem is that its none of the fans business so we will never know the full facts from within the club about whats been happening aside from what Baldwin and the board want the fans to know (which in itself isn't sometimes factual but more to keep us happy) so we are left to discuss possibilities. Unfortunately unless you agree with the majority you get shot down.

Enjoy your evening BobG.

Cheers!

Fal

Whoever wrote it, or whether it fits any bigger picture or not doesn't stop it from being a disgraceful piece of writing in it's own right.

Are you going to have a third try at justifying that the criticism is incorrect?

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 06, 2021, 06:45:20 pm by Fal »

Cheers!

BobG

Enjoy your evening BobG.

Cheers!

Fal

Whoever wrote it, or whether it fits any bigger picture or not doesn't stop it from being a disgraceful piece of writing in it's own right.

Are you going to have a third try at justifying that the criticism is incorrect?

Unlike you Glyn I am open-minded, I don’t choose to follow whatever suits to fit my narrative. Until hard evidence is produced (which either way from the club or from Rigo isn’t going to happen) then you can believe what you want to believe and what we all are entitled to is an opinion.

We don’t have to all agree, it is a forum for discussion after all.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 06, 2021, 07:17:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Oh really, and what's my 'narrative' then? How am I closed-minded?

It'd be nice if you addressed how the article was written for a change rather than trying to ascribe its failing to its readers(!).

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 06, 2021, 07:41:44 pm by Fal »
Glyn, I merely pointed out that people are shooting it down because of its tone and the way its worded because of who worded it rather than having an open mind, I guarentee if it was anyone else it would be looked upon slightly differently.

I don't need to address it, it is what it is and should be discussed without personal digs against the writer if the forum wishes to. If they don't remove the thread and delete it, simple as that really.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 06, 2021, 07:54:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Well, none of that applies to me, so why do you think I think it's an awful piece of writing?

Bear in mind:

I don't particularly like Wellens

I never wanted Wellens appointed manager

I thought the Board were making a mistake when they did appoint him

I have never defended the Board's appointment of him.

So, that disposes of the 'narrative' angle

and

I don't know Rigo

I have never met him

I have no idea what his real name is

I had no idea that 'Sally Cinnamon' is Rigo (if it is)

So that gets rid of the personal angle.

Could it possibly be that it might - just might - be that I think that that article is a disgracefully unsubstantiated and vitriolic attack on someone because that's precisely what it is?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 08:03:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 06, 2021, 08:18:17 pm by Fal »
Does it occur to you that some of the claims made could maybe - just maybe be true?

Either way Glyn, we will just go round in circles with differing opinions. Thanks for the sarcastic discussion and have a lovely evening.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 06, 2021, 08:24:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Even if some of the claims were true, it doesn't change that the article is unsubstantiated and unnecessarily vitriolic.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 06, 2021, 08:34:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sorry folks. I’m in a deep shame spiral.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012