Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:43:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

New poll

GM
29 (25.2%)
Adkins
15 (13%)
McClaren
19 (16.5%)
Neill
27 (23.5%)
Eustace
13 (11.3%)
Barry
12 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: December 18, 2021, 09:17:50 am

Author Topic: Next DRFC manager.  (Read 39473 times)

Batleyred

• Forum Member
Re: Next DRFC manager.
« Reply #390 on December 24, 2021, 02:36:13 pm by Batleyred »
I joined twitter to see other peoples opinions and wish I never. Talk about miserable, angry gob shites. How these people survive life I do not know.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #391 on December 24, 2021, 02:36:38 pm by Drover »
Has the betting market closed? I can’t find latest odds now.

Yes it was not on site this morning,they probably know a decision has been made,and it would make sense to close market just incase the select few in the know,might be tempted to profit in some way,Not that I think they would,especially the current recruitment staff.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 02:40:30 pm by Drover »

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on December 24, 2021, 02:37:25 pm by jamesrover17 »
Can’t only be me that thinks its not cut and dry as GMC? Why would they be waiting until after the Sunderland game to announce it? Surely it wouldn’t be disruptive to announce the current caretaker has it full time?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #393 on December 24, 2021, 02:44:57 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I don’t think it is McSheffrey. I think it’s either another in the betting or someone never mentioned.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #394 on December 24, 2021, 02:46:35 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Just seen on sky sports news that John McMahon has left his role at Morecambe as assistant manager. He was assistant manager under Paul Simpson at Shrewsbury.

Don’t know if there’s anything in it but the reason we’re waiting until after the Sunderland game is because they are waiting for the new manager to get his coaching staff together.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2021/december/club-statement-john-mcmahon/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 02:53:57 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #395 on December 24, 2021, 02:48:03 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Could be Bailey. Looking forward to whoever it is getting on with the job.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on December 24, 2021, 02:56:50 pm by roversdude »
I joined twitter to see other peoples opinions and wish I never. Talk about miserable, angry gob shites. How these people survive life I do not know.

It’s toxic Batley, I joined to read Hodens stuff and basically get a heads up about line ups an hour before kick off, never posted it just doesn’t go right in my (simple) head

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on December 24, 2021, 02:59:32 pm by roversdude »
Just seen on sky sports news that John McMahon has left his role at Morecambe as assistant manager. He was assistant manager under Paul Simpson at Shrewsbury.

Don’t know if there’s anything in it but the reason we’re waiting until after the Sunderland game is because they are waiting for the new manager to get his coaching staff together.

Not sure, we would have to pay some compo for that I would imagine

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #398 on December 24, 2021, 02:59:51 pm by Batleyred »

It’s toxic Batley, I joined to read Hodens stuff and basically get a heads up about line ups an hour before kick off, never posted it just doesn’t go right in my (simple) head

They were both my reasons for joining as well.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #399 on December 24, 2021, 03:13:47 pm by Cramby10 »
So the second part of a prediction I made straight after RW's departure is set to come true. They appoint GM into the job, recruit nothing substantial at January, Rovers go down. They sack GM blaming him for the lack of decent football to stay up. Cut the budget again as we will be in Lg.2 appoint a worse manager sell off anybody decent because we have to cut wages and watch Rovers sink further. Great plan.
give your head a wobble man.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on December 24, 2021, 03:18:18 pm by Campsall rover »
So the second part of a prediction I made straight after RW's departure is set to come true. They appoint GM into the job, recruit nothing substantial at January, Rovers go down. They sack GM blaming him for the lack of decent football to stay up. Cut the budget again as we will be in Lg.2 appoint a worse manager sell off anybody decent because we have to cut wages and watch Rovers sink further. Great plan.
Merry Christmas to you.
What a terrible and quite frankly ridiculous post imo.

streathamdave

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on December 24, 2021, 03:22:34 pm by streathamdave »
Maybe I'm reading into things more than was meant but Free press article on line says 'the new man' which would seem to suggest not McSheffrey.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on December 24, 2021, 03:27:59 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

don’t think we would because he has left the club so we would only have to pay compensation if he’s already agreed to join us but if that was the case then I’d have thought we would’ve announced it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #403 on December 24, 2021, 03:36:13 pm by River Don »
Since they aren't revealing the name of the new manager until after Sunderland, I think it's safe to say its not GM.

I can't see how confirming that he was staying in the role now would affect preparations for the game but confirmation of a change before the fixture could conceivably disrupt things.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #404 on December 24, 2021, 03:37:11 pm by Campsall rover »
I do not go near it for that reason. Low life most of them must be the way they hide behind a keyboard spouting vile garbage.

I keep well away.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on December 24, 2021, 03:59:46 pm by graingrover »
It depends because you choose who to follow on Twitter so in the main end up reading views from people with similar interests and affinities .

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #406 on December 24, 2021, 05:10:01 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If it is GMc, which it probably is, it’s a strange one to wait till after Sunderland. Just think of a situation where we lose by 5/6 (which we are well capable of) then the next day announce GMc as perm manager. I know one game doesn’t mean anything but perception is important so better to announce it after a win imo rather than wait till after what could be a bad result.

Could go the other way like and we win and everyone is buzzing GMc becomes full time manager on Tuesday

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #407 on December 24, 2021, 05:17:48 pm by Campsall rover »
The more we hear now it would seem GM is either just going to be 1st team coach with a mentor of some sort above him or we are just getting someone else to be manager and possibly a DoF of some sort.

That’s the way I read it now. The excitement grows.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on December 24, 2021, 05:29:28 pm by redarmi66 »

Doubt there would be any compo. Mutually agreed to cancel his contract. Said he was was looking forward to Christmas with the family before embarking on his next challenge. Could be something in this.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 05:32:54 pm by redarmi66 »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #409 on December 24, 2021, 06:39:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
John McMahon had a discussion with morcambes manager and it was decided he would leave. It looks like that was happening it could be just coincidence about Simpson link. We will wait and see

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #410 on December 24, 2021, 06:54:44 pm by scawsby steve »

Christmas? Bah humbug!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #411 on December 24, 2021, 07:02:41 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Always a false sense of hope around about the time applications close, number of candidates applied and 'household names' Now back to reality.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on December 24, 2021, 07:25:31 pm by GazLaz »
Just because someone is a “household name” doesn’t mean they are (a) any good and (b) the right man for us.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #413 on December 24, 2021, 07:40:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Or as was almost certainly the case (c) never in a million years either an applicant or ever in the running, despite the total fantasies dreamed up by some people who thought experienced Premier League managers were going to come to manage a club firmly rooted in the relegation zone into the lowest level of the professional game.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #414 on December 24, 2021, 07:53:43 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I don’t get this obsession with ‘household names’

In my opinion, these house hold names have been around 4/5/6 clubs, yes they have some short term success, but inevitably they end up leaving for one reason or another.

The position were in clearly isn’t great and maybe it does warrant a wise head, is this why we’re looking for a DOF? I’d much rather us take a punt on a young up and coming manager with something to prove rather than the ‘house hold name’

But like I said that’s just me. If it’s GMS or Simpson, either will do me just fine, go out and build a proper name for your self, only means one thing… rovers are likely to do well!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #415 on December 24, 2021, 07:54:37 pm by Campsall rover »

Maybe he is going to be the new mentor for Gary Mac. Is an experienced coach who may prefer to take a role more as a DoF / technical director or whatever name you want to give the new role the club wish to create.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #416 on December 24, 2021, 07:54:56 pm by Padge_DRFC »
A guy at work was one of the 140 applicants this year. His mate was assistant.

The household names we can't afford.

Klopp could apply but he wouldn't be interviewed.

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #417 on December 24, 2021, 07:59:01 pm by KC_DRFC »
Or as was almost certainly the case (c) never in a million years either an applicant or ever in the running, despite the total fantasies dreamed up by some people who thought experienced Premier League managers were going to come to manage a club firmly rooted in the relegation zone into the lowest level of the professional game.

Didn't Liam Hoden mention that 2 managers in the 5 interviewees had Managed in the Premier League?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #418 on December 24, 2021, 08:05:01 pm by German Rover »

Didn't Liam Hoden mention that 2 managers in the 5 interviewees had Managed in the Premier League?

Lawrie Sanchez managed in the Premier league. I hope he isn't one of them

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #419 on December 24, 2021, 08:08:58 pm by Chris Black come back »

That’s why I said experienced Premier League managers - specifically these fantasies about Chris Hughton, Mick McCarthy or Steve McLaren. I don’t know how people can get themselves into a position where they think this is in any way logical or objectively possible in the real world.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012