Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:43:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Seriously, f**k off!!  (Read 3395 times)

Cbrover24

• Forum Member
Seriously, f**k off!!
« on January 08, 2022, 02:31:10 am by Cbrover24 »
Right, my take on everything! First off I apologise for the title!! After weeks and months of negative posts, I’m seriously trying to avoid this site and the Doncaster Rovers one on fb, because the amount of negativity and blame is just so depressing!!
Now, I believe the club have made mistakes, they have held there hands up, and have tried to rectify these!! Regards to the cheap
Option in GMC been appointed, I don’t believe this is the case!! If he gave the best interview and the best vision, then why should he not be given the chance to lead this group of players to safety?? It’s easy to give a ‘big’ name the job, but who’s to say it would of worked?? Granted the same could be said about GMC, but you know what, he has the job and for me, should be supported to try and get the best out of what he has at his disposal! Some people on here and on FB calling the board ‘tight’ after 4 days of the transfer window been open, tight, shit, not putting there money where there mouth is, telling us all lies, calling for the boards head, etc… seriously, give ur heads a wobble!! You people clearly don’t have a clue or the first thing about running a successful business, things take time, you just can’t go out and sign the players u want Willy nilly!! Yes mistakes were made in the last transfer window, but as long as things have been put in place this time around, which stops that from happening this time, then in my eyes we have made progress! I have no doubt this time around, things will be different, and we will get the players we want in, maybe not the first choice, but the second with the deadlines that have been but in place! I guess only time will tell, if we go down this season, then so be it, but I’d be pretty confident we would bounce straight back up and be in a much better place moving forward! This ‘netto fc’ Belgrade can just f**k off!! Seriously support the club or go support Man City or one of the bigger clubs because it is not helping at all!! Things take time to happen, business is not an instant success, there’s ups and there’s downs, but one thing is certain, whatever happens this season, we will be back, we will be back in league one, and at some point we will be back in the championship, just maybe not as soon as we like! I’ve never slagged the board off, and never will do, but would you rather have some 10 bod millionaire running the club that after a few seasons does not care about drfc for a business model we have right. Ow, giving us a stable footing for the future knowing that they are there to cover the shortfall and we don’t end up like a Derby, or even worse Bury!! If running a business was so easy, then those calling for Blunts head should go ahead and put a bid in for DRFC and spunk there own money and see how far they get us, because my guess is, not very far!! Anyway, let’s get behind the team, get behind the manager, and give them the support they need to get to safety, because ultimately that is our aim this season!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Seriously, f**k off!!
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2022, 04:58:57 am by Draytonian III »
Very well said, one the best posts I’ve ever read on here.

Swifty62

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2022, 05:49:39 am by Swifty62 »
I agree, These people who are saying we are not going again What would have happened if the loyal fans, in Richardsons last season had done the same, they would now have nothing to moan at!!!

Wildey

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2022, 06:29:14 am by Wildey »
But wasn’t we told pre season that the board had learnt from the mistakes last season? The take it took to replace Moore with Butler and been over reliant on loan players, who would be  the star players we need? Are you telling me Vilca signing was a star player and not a panic move?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2022, 07:10:47 am by colincramb »
I think it’s only right that questions are asked of our current predicament. The current board are experienced in the business of football now, it’s not their first rodeo. Personally I am very grateful that we have a sensible owner that cares about the club and the wider community, but do I think the club has been badly mismanaged over the last 12-18 months? Yes.

The whole club just feels very, very stale at the moment. From the sound bites coming from the playing staff, it just doesn’t sound like it’s a nice place to be either. The senior leadership have to take accountability for that and for the mess of results over the last 12 months.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2022, 08:37:44 am by Fal »
Right, my take on everything! First off I apologise for the title!! After weeks and months of negative posts, I’m seriously trying to avoid this site and the Doncaster Rovers one on fb, because the amount of negativity and blame is just so depressing!!
Now, I believe the club have made mistakes, they have held there hands up, and have tried to rectify these!! Regards to the cheap
Option in GMC been appointed, I don’t believe this is the case!! If he gave the best interview and the best vision, then why should he not be given the chance to lead this group of players to safety?? It’s easy to give a ‘big’ name the job, but who’s to say it would of worked?? Granted the same could be said about GMC, but you know what, he has the job and for me, should be supported to try and get the best out of what he has at his disposal! Some people on here and on FB calling the board ‘tight’ after 4 days of the transfer window been open, tight, shit, not putting there money where there mouth is, telling us all lies, calling for the boards head, etc… seriously, give ur heads a wobble!! You people clearly don’t have a clue or the first thing about running a successful business, things take time, you just can’t go out and sign the players u want Willy nilly!! Yes mistakes were made in the last transfer window, but as long as things have been put in place this time around, which stops that from happening this time, then in my eyes we have made progress! I have no doubt this time around, things will be different, and we will get the players we want in, maybe not the first choice, but the second with the deadlines that have been but in place! I guess only time will tell, if we go down this season, then so be it, but I’d be pretty confident we would bounce straight back up and be in a much better place moving forward! This ‘netto fc’ Belgrade can just f**k off!! Seriously support the club or go support Man City or one of the bigger clubs because it is not helping at all!! Things take time to happen, business is not an instant success, there’s ups and there’s downs, but one thing is certain, whatever happens this season, we will be back, we will be back in league one, and at some point we will be back in the championship, just maybe not as soon as we like! I’ve never slagged the board off, and never will do, but would you rather have some 10 bod millionaire running the club that after a few seasons does not care about drfc for a business model we have right. Ow, giving us a stable footing for the future knowing that they are there to cover the shortfall and we don’t end up like a Derby, or even worse Bury!! If running a business was so easy, then those calling for Blunts head should go ahead and put a bid in for DRFC and spunk there own money and see how far they get us, because my guess is, not very far!! Anyway, let’s get behind the team, get behind the manager, and give them the support they need to get to safety, because ultimately that is our aim this season!!

Feel better now?

Opinions are only that opinions. Just simply don’t view stuff like Twitter, fb or even this message board if things get to you that much.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2022, 08:56:41 am by anton123 »
Always makes my laugh when they say I’m trying to avoid all there’s donny sites but then says he’s sick of seeing months of posts ? How can u see them if your avoiding the sites ?

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2022, 09:04:22 am by TixTheBox »
People are quite within their rights to be negative, criticise the club/board and be pissed off with how things have been for well over a year.

There’s plenty of evidence to back up the moans.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2022, 09:12:17 am by Janso »
Always makes my laugh when they say I’m trying to avoid all there’s donny sites but then says he’s sick of seeing months of posts ? How can u see them if your avoiding the sites ?

This is what you took away from the post? really?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2022, 09:36:39 am by Donny Exile in York »
If the club was on a positive trajectory, had made the right decisions, recruited well both on and off the pitch there wouldn't be any complaints and criticism or at least a significant reduction on the current position. People are raising their frustration cos quite simply the past 12 months have not been good enough. Anyone not liking that is seriously deluded to our current predicament. I am not convinced way things are right now tjst if we go down we will be in a position to bounce back... anyone who recalls the doldrums of the 80s and 90s, gates of 1500 regularly know the dark abyss, every day even now I am so thankful for having a modern stadium, no pot holes in the car park but accepting everything going on at the club right now and burying heads in sand is not what most fans want to or will do, so get over it or until results improve, recruitment better etc. dont read this site, fb etc. Its simple.Most who remember the dark days of course know how bad things were and how things are with the stadium now but we don't have to caveat every post about recruitment or performances on the pitch with the caveat we are grateful to have a club but or so grateful not stood in the rain at old belle Vue under Richardson but...etc. etc

Fans are bound to criticise following 7 or 8 league wins in a full calendar year... if we were in the play offs scoring goals for fun with Marquis and Wilks banging them in like 3 years ago there would be alot more positive vibe about but were not, were rock bottom with Dodoo and Cukur our central strikers right now ffs.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:46:20 am by Donny Exile in York »

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2022, 09:44:57 am by colincramb »
If the club was on a positive trajectory, had made the right decisions, recruited well both on and off the pitch there wouldn't be any complaints and criticism or at least a significant reduction on the current position. People are raising their frustration cos quite simply the past 12 months have not been good enough. Anyone not liking that is seriously deluded to our current predicament. I am not convinced way things are right now tjst if we go down we will be in a position to bounce back... anyone who recalls the doldrums of the 80s and 90s, gates of 1500 regularly know the dark abyss, every day even now I am so thankful for having a modern stadium, no pot holes in the car park but accepting everything going on at the club right now and burying heads in sand is not what most fans want to or will do, so get over it or until results improve, recruitment better etc. dont read this site, fb etc. Its simple. Fans are bound to criticise following 7 or 8 league wins in a full calendar year... if we were in the play offs scoring goals for fun with Marquis and Wilks banging them in like 3 years ago there would be alot more positive vibe about but were not, were rock bottom with Dodoo and Cukur our central strikers right now ffs.

I agree. But those who criticise are perceived by some as ‘self entitled’, ‘typical of this generation’ etc etc.

Fact is, we aren’t the club from 25 years ago and through sheer hard work we have gained success on the pitch. Peoples expectations are higher now and rightly so, we’ve been either a Championship or top half league one club for the best part of 20 years now. There is a lot of anger around how some see all that hard work appearing to be quietly ebbed away. I get it.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2022, 09:58:59 am by Donny Exile in York »
Yeah no one is entitled, and I do get that the bunch of teenagers shouting Netto FC isant great but teenagers see the club sometimes in the here and now cos its all they know.
Most on here are not complaining cos they don't care, the opposite and this like others is a forum for comment and views.

No one is been spoilt when then rightly criticise the thrashings had in the last 12 months or the ridiculous goals scored column or ridiculous injury list. On the latter I must say for a squad with no cruciate ligaments damaged or broken legs we appear to have a strangely alarming list of injuried players for 1-3 months or 3-9 months.. that again is absolutely ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 10:05:11 am by Donny Exile in York »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2022, 10:01:09 am by Chris Black come back »
Can we sign in this transfer window some paragraph breaks for this forum please.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2022, 10:06:10 am by Donny Exile in York »
Can we sign in this transfer window some paragraph breaks for this forum please.

Not the most important point when posting from a mobile but I take your point.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2022, 10:09:11 am by roversdude »
Brilliant post Cbrover - there’s criticising and then there’s throwing toys out the pram.
The Neto mob seem to think that they speak for the entire fan base, however they certainly didn’t attract much support at Morecombe with other fans turning on them

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2022, 10:34:14 am by nice one rovers »
I’d just be happy to see the back of posters using “been”.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2022, 10:39:59 am by EasyforDennis »
After reading the second paragraph I knew exactly what would follow so didn't bother reading any more.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2022, 10:44:08 am by Chris Black come back »
There was a second paragraph?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 08, 2022, 10:46:47 am by Filo »
Brilliant post Cbrover - there’s criticising and then there’s throwing toys out the pram.
The Neto mob seem to think that they speak for the entire fan base, however they certainly didn’t attract much support at Morecombe with other fans turning on them

I wonder if the Netto mob and their pathetic banner will appear today, and I wonder what the reaction will be should it appear

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 08, 2022, 10:47:18 am by EasyforDennis »
There was a second paragraph?

Two short ones before he forgot to use full stops maybe?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 08, 2022, 10:49:40 am by EasyforDennis »

I wonder if the Netto mob and their pathetic banner will appear today, and I wonder what the reaction will be should it appear

I think you would be surprised at the amount of people who agree with them.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 08, 2022, 10:55:23 am by roversdude »

Didn’t get that from the Morecombe game EFD, quite the opposite it looked like the small mob was being turned on.

Really hope that there isn’t a repeat of the unfounded abuse that Jones got at Morecombe

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 08, 2022, 10:58:34 am by Chris Black come back »
The Baldwin Out stuff is braindead but you can imagine how they have landed at that destination, given the conspiracy theories circulating and the absence of cognitive ability among many of them.

Jones though. Wow. Local lad (everyone loves a local player) who is playing well and improving with every game, and just isn’t making the kind of bungles that pretty much all our loan keepers have made. Just cannot see how he is getting abuse. He’s just about the only consistently solid player we have at present. Mystifying.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 08, 2022, 11:00:37 am by Filo »

Not really, we all know we have loads of bellends, they are still a small minority in my opinion

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 08, 2022, 11:25:14 am by Donny Exile in York »
The Baldwin Out stuff is braindead but you can imagine how they have landed at that destination, given the conspiracy theories circulating and the absence of cognitive ability among many of them.

Jones though. Wow. Local lad (everyone loves a local player) who is playing well and improving with every game, and just isn’t making the kind of bungles that pretty much all our loan keepers have made. Just cannot see how he is getting abuse. He’s just about the only consistently solid player we have at present. Mystifying.

That i do agree on. Pleased to see Jones improving ten fold recently and if he carries that on we will have a very good keeper on our hands.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 08, 2022, 11:50:10 am by tyke1962 »
I've found that the vast majority of posters on this board criticise the club in a constructive way , there are always some who don't but the vast majority do in my opinion .

It's not entirely fair to group everyone and place them together .

If the club is bottom of the league and dare I say deservedly so with the 14th best budget in the league then by definition that's worthy of being called out .

You've hardly won a game of football in a calendar year and you aren't the only club who is impacted by covid .

The you aren't proper fans because you criticise doesn't work for me because criticism means you care , you hurt and you want the mistakes learned from and put right .

The fans are the regulator , boards , owners , players and managers are answerable to the fans and rightly so seen as they are a great source of the club's funding .

When we are successful the same people are rightly applauded , well this works the other way too .

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 08, 2022, 11:59:45 am by Donny Exile in York »
I've found that the vast majority of posters on this board criticise the club in a constructive way , there are always some who don't but the vast majority do in my opinion .

It's not entirely fair to group everyone and place them together .

If the club is bottom of the league and dare I say deservedly so with the 14th best budget in the league then by definition that's worthy of being called out .

You've hardly won a game of football in a calendar year and you aren't the only club who is impacted by covid .

The you aren't proper fans because you criticise doesn't work for me because criticism means you care , you hurt and you want the mistakes learned from and put right .

The fans are the regulator , boards , owners , players and managers are answerable to the fans and rightly so seen as they are a great source of the club's funding .

When we are successful the same people are rightly applauded , well this works the other way too .

Spot on post Tyke. That's the balance that the holier than thou brigade don't realise, plaudits come in droves when there is success, goals, entertainment, real potential on the pitch.. we as fans eulogise and get excited and optimistic, the converse happens if dros is on the pitch and hopes fade of success.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 08, 2022, 12:05:01 pm by Goole Rover »
I try to avoid this site following appalling language like yours. Don’t you understand that kids use this site I’m no angel but there’s a time and place for everything.
Anyway I agree with your view of the critics.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 08, 2022, 12:07:57 pm by RoversAlias »

Not the most important point when posting from a mobile but I take your point.

How does posting on a phone stop anyone from writing in paragraphs/using line-breaks?

I'm doing it right now.

Anyway, not really the crux of the topic or original post.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 08, 2022, 12:18:16 pm by anton123 »

This is what you took away from the post? really?
Stopped reading it after first few lines people moaning about people moaning ! Not gonna wast my time on it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012