Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:02:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Agard signs 18 month contract  (Read 8983 times)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
Agard signs 18 month contract
« on January 12, 2022, 03:01:16 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
As per subject

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: Agard signs 18 month contract
« Reply #1 on January 12, 2022, 03:03:08 pm by ChrisBx »
He will certainly improve us, however I have some reservations about signing him on an 18 month contract given his career trajectory of late.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 12, 2022, 03:04:06 pm by firestarter »
Twitter in meltdown already .. some of our fans are unbelievable

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 12, 2022, 03:06:30 pm by RoversAlias »
A perfectly fine signing. Not going to change the world but he is capable, has lots of experience and has scored in League One for years. He has had several excellent seasons at this level, can also score goals in League Two (where we are likely heading) and even has a couple of goals to his name this season with Plymouth.

So it's a decent start to the window for us, just need to keep it going now and get some more through the door.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 12, 2022, 03:07:23 pm by vaya »
He will certainly improve us

Presumably he's currently able to walk unaided.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 12, 2022, 03:08:00 pm by Metalmicky »
Can't say I'm doing cartwheels - but will give the lad a chance...

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 12, 2022, 03:10:39 pm by Arsenal Of The North »

What kind of signing are you expecting? Certainly aren’t going to get anyone in January who’s thriving, they come at a premium.

It’s a good signing that gives us a chance of goals at this level but with vast experience of league 2 which realistically we are staring down the barrel at!

Please everyone set expectations at a reasonable level.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 12, 2022, 03:12:16 pm by Canadian Rover »
Certainly an upgrade on Vilca/Cukur. Gives us more of a chance of goals and assists for sure...hopefully we'll see a few more come in too.

Welcome to DRFC Agard.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 12, 2022, 03:12:33 pm by Jonathan »
A perfectly fine signing. Not going to change the world but he is capable, has lots of experience and has scored in League One for years. He has had several excellent seasons at this level, can also score goals in League Two (where we are likely heading) and even has a couple of goals to his name this season with Plymouth.

So it's a decent start to the window for us, just need to keep it going now and get some more through the door.

A fair assessment.

I don’t think he’s a ‘game changer’ signing by any means, but he’ll improve us. And you’d hope he leaves a decent amount of budget for signings elsewhere.

Question will be, do we deploy him as a centre forward or in one of the wide positions?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 12, 2022, 03:16:01 pm by roversdude »
A decent signing good work GMc and GB

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 12, 2022, 03:17:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Looking at his goals he's very much a 6 yard box striker.  We don't have one of those so it seems a logical signing.

You judge it on improvements and is he better than Cukur? Absolutely he is.

We'd all love a proven top striker, it isn't happening. We do need experience though undoubtedly.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 12, 2022, 03:19:11 pm by Butchers Red »
Better than I expected - if he is fit and uninjured will make a massive difference

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 12, 2022, 03:23:40 pm by steve@dcfd »

A fair assessment.

I don’t think he’s a ‘game changer’ signing by any means, but he’ll improve us. And you’d hope he leaves a decent amount of budget for signings elsewhere.

Question will be, do we deploy him as a centre forward or in one of the wide positions?
Or if we sign a Left sided defender and play 352 he could be one of the two.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 12, 2022, 03:25:39 pm by Metalmicky »

What kind of signing are you expecting? Certainly aren’t going to get anyone in January who’s thriving, they come at a premium.

It’s a good signing that gives us a chance of goals at this level but with vast experience of league 2 which realistically we are staring down the barrel at!

Don't worry - my expectations are fully in-check.  However, he hasn't played since he picked up an ankle injury on 26 December... so I would imagine that, if his injury is OK, he might take a while to get up to speed.  Hopefully he will be a roaring success.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 12, 2022, 03:27:22 pm by MachoMadness »
Journeyman, experienced, bit of football nous about him. Only question mark for me is his fitness. Potentially a shrewd signing if we can get him any sort of service.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 12, 2022, 03:30:15 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Agreed track record decent, a definite improvement on what we've got (Okenbirhie excluded as injured).

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 12, 2022, 03:39:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
Looks like a decent signing on paper.

I still worry we have no one up top who can get the ball down and bring people in.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 12, 2022, 03:40:48 pm by DearneValleyRover »
He’s also very good at motivating those around him and in the dressing room stopping heads from dropping apparently and we all know we are short of that.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 12, 2022, 03:41:05 pm by Danmckay456 »
 Better than what we have and always willing to give a new player a chance , we are due a decent one in fairness just need a supply and some bite in midfield to stand a chance of winning games

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 12, 2022, 03:42:55 pm by Super Colin Cramb »

Don't worry - my expectations are fully in-check.  However, he hasn't played since he picked up an ankle injury on 26 December... so I would imagine that, if his injury is OK, he might take a while to get up to speed.  Hopefully he will be a roaring success.

26th of December is only just over 2 weeks ago, so won’t take too long to get back up to speed surely. I wouldn’t imagine we sign someone who isn’t fit. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 03:45:12 pm by Super Colin Cramb »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 12, 2022, 03:51:39 pm by dickos1 »

26th December was Plymouth’s last league game, so by that logic all the Plymouth side need time to get up to speed

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 12, 2022, 03:53:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Good signing.
Anyone expecting better in the Jan window needs to get real.

He has over 100 goals in the football league.
Penalty area goal poacher.
Good movement, works hard.
Massive improvement on what we have now.
Well he should be.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 12, 2022, 04:01:12 pm by Metalmicky »

26th December was Plymouth’s last league game, so by that logic all the Plymouth side need time to get up to speed

Stop trying to be a smart arse.... they actually played on the 8 Jan - but my point was he hasn't played for nearly 3 weeks and we don't know how much of that time he was unable to train...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 12, 2022, 04:05:24 pm by dickos1 »

Stop trying to be a smart arse.... they actually played on the 8 Jan - but my point was he hasn't played for nearly 3 weeks and we don't know how much of that time he was unable to train...

Not trying to be nothing,
But your point was that he may need time to get back into it, but surely that’s the case for the whole Plymouth team then

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 12, 2022, 04:06:24 pm by oggycompton »
Good signing for Rovers. Hopefully first of many.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 12, 2022, 04:15:43 pm by Metalmicky »

Not trying to be nothing,
But your point was that he may need time to get back into it, but surely that’s the case for the whole Plymouth team then

I've JUST pointed out why - and that the team played on 8 Jan...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 12, 2022, 04:17:01 pm by mushRTID »
The Plymouth fans comments on their club tweet about him leaving are positive. Some surprised and disappointed he’s gone.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 12, 2022, 04:19:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Got to be pleased with this. We deffo needed a striker and he's hopefully an improvement to the squad and better than the one released back to Watford.

A step in the right direction and I have a feeling he might be backed up by a young hungry loan striker/forward.

Midfield and maybe defence to add to hopefully too.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 12, 2022, 04:22:03 pm by Upton Rover »
Looks a good prospect

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 12, 2022, 04:39:33 pm by Bezza »
32 years old , experienced,scored plenty of goals, exactly what we need, good start GM,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012