Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:14:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cambridge V TLOD  (Read 7155 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Cambridge V TLOD
« Reply #150 on January 18, 2022, 10:15:15 pm by drfchound »
Well, hit on the break for their third. Unlucky.

A mountain to climb but there is still hope.

There really isn't.

We have been so unutterably awful this season that just seeing us compete and make chances feels like a rebirth. But we are still miles away from being a side that would have any hope of finishing the season P20 W9 D3 L8. And if we did get that run, that would only give us an outside chance of staying up.

Just accept it. We are down. Look for signs of the rebound for next year.

Why does that performance show we can’t achieve 30 points from 20 games?

Played really well tonight with all our issues, but the fundamental fault i see is we loose every header and are second in every 50/50, we don't have the size or physicality to match our game plan.

I didn’t see us lose every header or come off second best in every 50/50.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on January 18, 2022, 10:17:38 pm by drfchound »
We lost because we battered them and couldn’t score

Precisely.

At root, the same basic problems exist.

We had 11 shots and scored 1
They had 8 shots and scored 3.

We've had ratios like that all season. Even on the rare occasions when we have been the better side outside the box, we can't score and we can't stop conceding. It would be a turn round of historic proportions to change that to the extent that we need to do to stop up.

Like hell we have had ratios like that this season.
Some games we have only had one or two shots.
Tonight was a massive improvement on what I have seen all season.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on January 18, 2022, 10:22:42 pm by DRFCSouth »
Played well there. On another day we would have been a few up by half time.

The score absolutely flattered them.

Lots of hope and positives should be taken from that.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on January 18, 2022, 10:31:18 pm by danumdon »

There really isn't.

We have been so unutterably awful this season that just seeing us compete and make chances feels like a rebirth. But we are still miles away from being a side that would have any hope of finishing the season P20 W9 D3 L8. And if we did get that run, that would only give us an outside chance of staying up.

Played really well tonight with all our issues, but the fundamental fault i see is we loose every header and are second in every 50/50, we don't have the size or physicality to match our game plan.

Don't kid yourself, we would struggle against all current 4th division teams with our present side, we have small weak players who constantly loose out in challenges, we are slow to attack any ball and we look off the pace all over the pitch,we loose or do not compete in most header situations, ever, this has been a constant all season, we can't do anything about our players stature but they could all be 25% fitter, this is fundamental to any side in any league.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on January 18, 2022, 10:38:42 pm by drfchound »

There really isn't.

Don't kid yourself, we would struggle against all current 4th division teams with our present side, we have small weak players who constantly loose out in challenges, we are slow to attack any ball and we look off the pace all over the pitch,we loose or do not compete in most header situations, ever, this has been a constant all season, we can't do anything about our players stature but they could all be 25% fitter, this is fundamental to any side in any league.

I’m not disputing some of what you say there but I was disputing what you said about us not winning any headers or 50/50s tonight.
I agree that our midfielders are too lightweight in general.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on January 19, 2022, 08:21:01 am by sha66y »
Some positivity all round,

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on January 19, 2022, 11:57:45 am by Bessie Red »

There really isn't.

GMc has already identified that we need to be fitter and work harder and he has stated that the approach to player fitness/workrate will be changing (or in his words "coming back"). If this is addresses and we get 3 or 4 big physical mesters in the team we will have a good chance of coming straight back up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012