Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:45:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 76889 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #30 on January 25, 2022, 11:13:17 am by SydneyRover »
I would think as the met want to be as far away as possible from this that Grey approached them kato, but yes #10 will want to wait as long as possible to do anything.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 25, 2022, 11:24:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The met police are going to investigate the parties held at number 10 over the last 2 years this has to be the final nail in his coffin

Not too sure about that.  Watch out for PMQ's tomorrow - 'Sue Grays report publication will have to wait until the result of the police enquiry'!

IMO 'Dame Dick' knows exactly what she's doing - protect Big Dog!

This is corruption beyond belief.

The Met have categorically said all the way through this that their policy is not to investigate retrospective COVID breaches.

The Gray Report is just about to be released, and would almost certainly mean the end of Johnson's career.

Suddenly the Met are investigating and as a result, the Gray Report has been shelved.

Which means Johnson's safe for the meantime. He's kicked the can down the road and will hope that something else comes up to save him.

At what point do we wake up and realise what this Kitson and his entourage are doing to our democracy?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 25, 2022, 11:40:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I knew Johnson was in big trouble when I saw who they were reduced to wheeling out into the media this morning to defend him.

You can imagine the scene at Conservative Central Office Media Dept as they try to figure out who to put out.

A: What about Sunak?

B: You for real? He's rehearsing his leadership speech.

A: Truss?

B: Have you HEARD her speak in public. Google Truss + Cheese.

A: Raab?

B: Nope, we programmed him to go out over the weekend and lie repeatedly about us having the fastest growth in the G7 and rising wages. He's in for a complete data wipe and reboot.

A: Gove?

B: Gove? Yeah, we DID have a Gove once. Haven't seen him for months.

A: Jenrick? He's always up for debasing himself in support of a lost cause.

B: Good id...hold on. We sacked him last year.

A: So that just leaves...

B: No! Good GOD no!

A: No option. I'll go and get f**king Shapps.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 25, 2022, 12:45:31 pm by mugnapper »
At least it'll be a change of answer at PMQ's tomorrow. Instead of 'We must wait the outcome of Sue Gray's report'  to every question, we will have 'We must await the outcome of the Metropolitan Police inquiry'.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 25, 2022, 12:50:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well hands up from me.

I said a week or so ago that it wasn't the parties that would finish him off. It was the lying about the parties.

Now I see why he lied about the parties. There were just so many of them, he couldn't possibly feds up without being finished.

You have to wonder what it's like being inside the head of a Kitson like this, who assumed giving the rods to the rest of us and behaving by his own rules was fine as long as he didn't get caught.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 25, 2022, 01:01:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/willbott4/status/1485948169741611012

This.

Of all the things that should have finished Johnson's career.

Aiding and abetting GBH.
Paying his mistress out of public funds.
Lying repeatedly throughout the Brexit campaign.
Signing a deal with the EU that he didn't understand then constantly lied about.
Going AWOL to sort out his divorce while COVID took hold.
In the second wave, shouting "Let the bodies pile high" then standing in front of the nation, looking us in the eye and saying "We truly have done everything we can to protect you."
Just generally being a Kitson.

None of that has finished him off.

But a birthday cake will.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 25, 2022, 01:34:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
At least it'll be a change of answer at PMQ's tomorrow. Instead of 'We must wait the outcome of Sue Gray's report'  to every question, we will have 'We must await the outcome of the Metropolitan Police inquiry'.

I'd go with a question not about the parties, but Boris's lies.

Q1: Something along the lines of "On (insert correct date here) the Prime Minister stood at that Despatch Box and said 'There were no parties in Downing Street'. Can the Prime Mister confirm that he was telling the House the truth, and that he still stands by that statement?"

Then, after Boris has waffled and obviously ignored the question, ask exactly the same question again, but this time about the next Boris lie statement to the House, and so on.

What Boris has said in the Commons isn't part of the Gray Inquiry so he can't really say to wait for the report to questions like that.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 25, 2022, 01:52:05 pm by ravenrover »
If the letters haven't gone in by now he's safe. The Met investigation will come out no case to prove all within a work environment, the Gray report will not be published he carries on lying until the next time he is caught out. jmho
Unless of course there is some damning evidence still to come out. Has he ever been challenged about any entertainment at Checkers yet?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 03:05:18 pm by ravenrover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 25, 2022, 02:03:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This looks like it could be the cover up to end all cover ups.

The plan, apparently, is to publish all the parts of the Gray report that don't refer to the things that the Met is investigating.

So the redacted report will have no smoking gun.

Then if the Met investigate and report that there is nothing to justify them taking any action, the redacted parts of the Gray report can be shelved as irrelevant.

Is that realistic? Well the Electoral Commission gave the Met a file on illegal use of funds by the Leave side in the 2016 Ref. The Met sat on it for two years, while Johnson was elected, then summarily announced that there was no case to answer. To the best of my knowledge, they have never explained the basis of that decision. And attention moves on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 25, 2022, 02:41:46 pm by Filo »
This looks like it could be the cover up to end all cover ups.

The plan, apparently, is to publish all the parts of the Gray report that don't refer to the things that the Met is investigating.

So the redacted report will have no smoking gun.

Then if the Met investigate and report that there is nothing to justify them taking any action, the redacted parts of the Gray report can be shelved as irrelevant.

Is that realistic? Well the Electoral Commission gave the Met a file on illegal use of funds by the Leave side in the 2016 Ref. The Met sat on it for two years, while Johnson was elected, then summarily announced that there was no case to answer. To the best of my knowledge, they have never explained the basis of that decision. And attention moves on.

Countries have descended into Civil War for less

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 25, 2022, 03:48:29 pm by Metalmicky »
But a birthday cake will.

I wonder if it was a Colin the caterpillar cake...................... just for added controversy?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 25, 2022, 04:00:30 pm by normal rules »
I strongly suspect Metpol will not come out of this smelling of roses.
I fail to see a situation where Cressida Dick will be presiding over a criminal prosecution against no10 .
In which case it will be seen by many, as Corruption of the highest order. A sweep under the carpet at the very highest level.with a big dollop of collaboration no doubt between the chief officer group in Metpol and the Cabinet.
“Insufficient evidence to prosecute” or something worded very similar.
God forbid they roll out “not in the public interest” Jesus. That would set the cat amongst the pigeons.
The voting public have already made up their mind about Partygate, no matter what any enquiry throws up. The damage has been well and truly done.

Any goodwill and faith we have left in this govt is dwindling. We already have large parts of society also that have little or no faith in the Police too.
I genuinely fear a whitewashing by Metpol. The very organisation entrusted to oversee law and order in the Capital. This  won’t help either cause. And this worries me. A lot.

It should not have come to this. Boris could and should have stepped aside. Collateral damage. Caused by his own lack of leadership, bad decision making and misjudgement. Instead this will go on and on and on.
Russia has a gun to the head of Ukraine and Western Europe, and the Conservative Party has put a gun to its own head.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:32:32 pm by normal rules »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 25, 2022, 04:43:04 pm by normal rules »
And if no10 think a paltry fine will be forthcoming, Think again. Because the offence that should be considered would be “misconduct in a public office.”
Which in any other job would be gross misconduct. And if found guilty, instant dismissal.

Definition.

'A public officer acting as such wilfully neglects to perform his duty and/or wilfully misconducts himself to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder without reasonable excuse or justification.

I would say the constituent elements of this offence would be met for anyone at any party in no10.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:53:50 pm by normal rules »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 25, 2022, 04:58:24 pm by selby »
  It's not normal rules though is it?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 25, 2022, 05:10:01 pm by phil old leake »
Moving in from this and diversifying a little

Does anyone else feel that they couldn’t employ D Cummings. He’s an untrustworthy snake who’d stab anyone in the back
That’s got nothing to do with what’s happened at number 10 they deserve everything that’s coming

I just find Cummings a 2 faced hypocrite

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 25, 2022, 05:41:15 pm by selby »
If you want to destroy someone or something to your advantage who would be better to employ?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 25, 2022, 05:41:53 pm by tyke1962 »
Moving in from this and diversifying a little

Does anyone else feel that they couldn’t employ D Cummings. He’s an untrustworthy snake who’d stab anyone in the back
That’s got nothing to do with what’s happened at number 10 they deserve everything that’s coming

I just find Cummings a 2 faced hypocrite

Unfortunately in the absence of any credible opposition currently residing within the Labour Party .

Cummings will have to do oh and Marcus Rashford plus Gary Neville .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 25, 2022, 05:52:23 pm by selby »
  That is the next big question Tyke, can Labour at the moment afford Johnson to be replaced.
  He is the only subject on their agenda at the moment, Covid, The Ukraine situation, the economy, fuel poverty, the main things to the electorate not really important to them, just get rid of Johnson, and the replacement no doubt will be a much bigger problem in a couple of years time if they manage to remove him.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 25, 2022, 05:59:03 pm by tyke1962 »
  That is the next big question Tyke, can Labour at the moment afford Johnson to be replaced.
  He is the only subject on their agenda at the moment, Covid, The Ukraine situation, the economy, fuel poverty, the main things to the electorate not really important to them, just get rid of Johnson, and the replacement no doubt will be a much bigger problem in a couple of years time if they manage to remove him.

I think this particular Tory Party is done for personally Selby .

I think the real question is can the Labour Party beat the Dems to form a majority government ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 25, 2022, 06:58:12 pm by drfchound »

I think the real question is can the Labour Party beat the Dems to form a majority government ?

That is a good point tyke.
It is very possible that lots of Tory voters will switch to the Libdems.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 25, 2022, 07:07:22 pm by tyke1962 »

If Labour were to stand down any candidates in traditional Tory voting constituencies it would certainly ensure in many cases as things stand today that the Tories wouldn't win enough of their traditional seats .

With the former Red Wall returning it would be a pretty close thing in my opinion between Labour and The Dems .

Whether they'd work together is of course open to debate .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 25, 2022, 07:25:29 pm by scawsby steve »

If Labour were to stand down any candidates in traditional Tory voting constituencies it would certainly ensure in many cases as things stand today that the Tories wouldn't win enough of their traditional seats .

With the former Red Wall returning it would be a pretty close thing in my opinion between Labour and The Dems .

F*cking hell, the prospect of snake oil Chuka Umunna as Prime Minister draws ever closer.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 07:27:50 pm by scawsby steve »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 25, 2022, 07:38:58 pm by normal rules »
Cummings should be sent to Moscow, as British ambassador. He’d do a job there for us.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 25, 2022, 07:52:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cummings should be sent to Moscow, as British ambassador. He’d do a job there for us.

He spent a good chunk of his 20s there and has been very coy on what he did.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 25, 2022, 07:55:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

F*cking hell, the prospect of snake oil Chuka Umunna as Prime Minister draws ever closer.

There's not a chance in a million of the Tories not being in the top 2 in a General Election anytime soon. There's a core of 25-30% who will never leave them. And they are well distributed across constituencies. So it's almost inconceivable that they'd ever get much fewer that 200 seats.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 25, 2022, 08:12:33 pm by belton rover »

Labour voters too. If there was an election tomorrow, the Lib Dems would get my vote.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 25, 2022, 08:23:14 pm by wilts rover »
Met Police refuse to confirm or deny they will be investigating claims of perverting the course of justice (destroying evidence) around the investigation into Downing Street events.

Breaking lockdown rules was a fine - but that's a jail sentence.

https://twitter.com/openDemocracy/status/1486059466898427913

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 25, 2022, 08:23:20 pm by tyke1962 »

There's not a chance in a million of the Tories not being in the top 2 in a General Election anytime soon. There's a core of 25-30% who will never leave them. And they are well distributed across constituencies. So it's almost inconceivable that they'd ever get much fewer that 200 seats.

Well it isn't inconceivable is it because they only won 165 seats in 1997 .

So it is possible given the damage they've contributed to themselves today is far more than in the mid 90's .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 25, 2022, 08:24:34 pm by SydneyRover »
''The police investigation into Downing Street parties is set to uncover evidence which has not yet been submitted to the Sue Gray inquiry, according to former No 10 staffers.

The prime minister’s ex-chief adviser, Dominic Cummings, had previously warned that officials were deeply uncomfortable with handing over some evidence to the inquiry, believing they could face retribution for damaging information.

But one senior Tory with knowledge of the inquiry said the announcement of a criminal inquiry on Tuesday made it a “different ballgame”, adding: “Officials who don’t tell Sue Gray the whole truth will not hold back from the cops.”

Will the police find that there were those in #10 that actually did some work? will they find the plods on duty in and around #10 were compromised? don't hold your breath on those two questions being answered.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 25, 2022, 08:31:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Well it isn't inconceivable is it because they only won 165 seats in 1997 .

So it is possible given the damage they've contributed to themselves today is far more than in the mid 90's .

That's several worlds away. Voters used to switch in large numbers directly between Lab and Con in those days. They do it far less these days.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012