Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:35:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (13.3%)
0 - Totally Useless
13 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 05, 2022, 11:47:17 am

Author Topic: Rovers vs Rotherham United- 1/2/22- Scott Oldham  (Read 1329 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers vs Rotherham United- 1/2/22- Scott Oldham
« on January 27, 2022, 01:53:58 pm by The Red Baron »
Referee: Oldham, Scott
Assistant Referee: Rashid, Lisa
Assistant Referee: Newhouse, Paul
Fourth Official: Boyeson, Carl

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers vs Rotherham United- 1/2/22- Scott Oldham
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2022, 11:32:55 am by The Red Baron »
Bump

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2022, 12:11:49 pm by 5minstogo »
Let's hope the 4th official isn't required

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2022, 10:21:49 pm by Filo »
Gave Rotherham everything including a pen that never was, gave us nothing, and the female lino needs to learn offside, and also when it goes behind off the defending team it is a corner not a goal kick

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2022, 10:24:24 pm by Donnywolf »
4th official in retrospect might have been better than that muppet

And 2 minutes added time in 2nd half following 3 goals and say 5 subs ... Couple of injuries and their keeper taking 40 second every goal kick

It's ridiculous

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2022, 10:28:14 pm by glosterred »
Let’s face it adding just 2 mins injury time was a blessing in disguise, a poor performance yes from the Rovers but not helped by some poor officiating

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2022, 10:33:14 pm by 5minstogo »
Boyeson got Younger booked. Dick. Lino on West Stand was the worst I've seen this season. Terrible decision making, when she did actually make a decision.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 01, 2022, 10:35:17 pm by drfchound »
4th official in retrospect might have been better than that muppet

And 2 minutes added time in 2nd half following 3 goals and say 5 subs ... Couple of injuries and their keeper taking 40 second every goal kick

It's ridiculous

Only four subs during the second half Wolfie.
We made two of ours at half time.
Having said that I’m glad it was only two minutes.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 01, 2022, 11:20:30 pm by Filo »
Deliberate handball is supposed to be a yellow card, their lad should have been yellow carded for that, not sure what Younger got booked for, there wasn’t even a foul

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 02, 2022, 05:39:35 am by Donnywolf »
24 should have seen a Card for that handball in our area ... also when he punched one into SW corner for timewasting - when he tried to ref the game and pulled ball in with his hands as well as blatantly "blocking" our keeper late on

Add to that leading with his arm all gave and dozens of pushes & pulls

The 2 minute thing was ridiculous. Yes at 0 5 and their keeper taking an age to take goal kicks but rules are suppose to be upheld. Anyone think any of their goal "celebrations" were 30 seconds long. No me neither nearer to 90 seconds for some - so call them 1 min per goal  - under "rules" 90 seconds in total

4 subs at 30 s = 120 seconds so just on what "should" have been a minimum of 3 and a half mins we played only the 4 sub time - I presume to save us further punishment.

Anyone see the danger in that

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 02, 2022, 07:13:49 am by roversdude »
Worst ref yet, feared the worst when I saw his name crop up.
Smith (Rotherham’s) must have pushed someone every time the ball came near him and got away with it each time. The west stand Lino was clueless and so far behind play it was a joke.
The penalty was probably the worst singular decision I’ve ever seen - would love to see some of the assessors reports.
Until they have independent assessors the standard is never going to improve

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 02, 2022, 08:08:18 am by Donnywolf »
.... and dare I say (again) play a fixed 30 minutes each half

We as fans would benefit massively as we would pay for a 60 minute game and get it AND not have to endure the time wasting tactics , endless goal celebrations and Subs crawling back to the dug outs

That said the Refs would not improve ... unless by being relieved of time keeping they would have a job less

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 02, 2022, 11:20:41 am by bobbymax »
How do these incompetent clowns get anywhere near the EFL list? Isn't there some form of assessment they have to undergo, a review of their decision-making? Younger's booking was an utter joke and that pen award was beyond comprehension. Their big striker was being allowed to shove, pull and foul at will without fear of being pulled up. Rotherham are a good side, they didn't need any more help. I'll just add, if that West Stand lino is incapable of getting decisions right from five yards away, she should be doing something else.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 02, 2022, 01:35:41 pm by Filo »
How do these incompetent clowns get anywhere near the EFL list? Isn't there some form of assessment they have to undergo, a review of their decision-making? Younger's booking was an utter joke and that pen award was beyond comprehension. Their big striker was being allowed to shove, pull and foul at will without fear of being pulled up. Rotherham are a good side, they didn't need any more help. I'll just add, if that West Stand lino is incapable of getting decisions right from five yards away, she should be doing something else.

Knitting

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 02, 2022, 05:45:54 pm by Donnywolf »
Gave Rotherham everything including a pen that never was, gave us nothing, and the female lino needs to learn offside, and also when it goes behind off the defending team it is a corner not a goal kick

... and to complete a trilogy she missed offside you referred to gave them a corner (when I was sure she would choose goal kick to stone for mistake) and then ffs they did the impeding keeper routine and in the corner went

Typical but we were generally and genuinely crap

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 02, 2022, 05:51:22 pm by Donnywolf »
Worst ref yet, feared the worst when I saw his name crop up.
Smith (Rotherham’s) must have pushed someone every time the ball came near him and got away with it each time. The west stand Lino was clueless and so far behind play it was a joke.
The penalty was probably the worst singular decision I’ve ever seen - would love to see some of the assessors reports.
Until they have independent assessors the standard is never going to improve

I did once find a couple of Assessor's Reports from a League near Mcr and it made great reading. Assessor giving his honest opinion of Ref via loads of categories

Since then I have tried to get an EPL one but have never managed it ... if anyone does know it would be great and should drive the standard up

GAWD knows we need it

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 04, 2022, 05:25:29 pm by roversdude »
Wonder if they can be requested maybe a ref on here or SM can answer

TinyPortal © 2005-2012