Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:18:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Rotherham United game  (Read 7424 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Rotherham United game
« Reply #90 on February 01, 2022, 11:25:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Must admit, i thought the noise from their fans tonight was really poor. Compared to Sunderland who were great for much of the game.

Maybe we were just so uncompetitive that the sheer Rotherham dominance quickly became like a sedative to them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on February 01, 2022, 11:27:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
At least without prompting, McSheffrey said straight away got it wrong. Trying to match them up was a mistake he said.

Let's hope that's a catalyst for being ruthless in his selection and tactically being less naive.

How he thought Horton could compete with that power and pace I don't know.

The new full back has to start next game plus Galbraith and Martin are needed to give us some chance of moving the ball from back to front.

Back to basics in a big way.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on February 01, 2022, 11:33:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good to see that McSheffrey has accepted that he dropped a bollock. That's a start.

Less good that he listed a first XI with a 33 year old midfielder who has made 10 starts in 18 months and two sub-Conference standard wing backs and it didn't dawn on him that we were going to get steamrollered.

Christ but we are in a deep hole.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 01, 2022, 11:36:05 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
At least without prompting, McSheffrey said straight away got it wrong. Trying to match them up was a mistake he said.

Let's hope that's a catalyst for being ruthless in his selection and tactically being less naive.

The new full back has to start next game plus Galbraith and Martin are needed to give us some chance of moving the ball from back to front.

He's done it a few times now. Against Sunderland, another huge game on Sky and he starts Ravenhill, Hasani and Ben Blythe! In his first game against Oxford he put Cukur up as a lone striker with Horton on the left wing and Blythe left back of a 3!

Tonight, gives a rookie keeper his debut in the biggest home game of the season so far, drops our most creative attack minded player in Martin completely, leaves out Galbraith, starts Seaman, changes Horton at half time for Jackson, leaves out Agard and so on. The list is endless.

This bloke is crackers.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 01, 2022, 11:46:44 pm by CJK »
 What about that penalty decision? Right in front of me and I'm still in disbelief the Ref has given it. One of the worst decisions I've seen in the flesh.

Not surprising though, he let Smith get away with his antics and elbows all game.

What do we think for the first goal, foul on the keeper?

As many have said, massive gulf in class between the two sides. It didn't help changing the shape and personel to try and match them up either. We were just starting to get ever so slightly into the game and then they hit us with the third goal quickly followed by the nonsense penalty.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on February 02, 2022, 03:04:19 am by PDX_Rover »
Personally, I’m looking forward to next season.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 02, 2022, 08:19:10 am by DonnyOsmond »

He's done it a few times now. Against Sunderland, another huge game on Sky and he starts Ravenhill, Hasani and Ben Blythe! In his first game against Oxford he put Cukur up as a lone striker with Horton on the left wing and Blythe left back of a 3!

Tonight, gives a rookie keeper his debut in the biggest home game of the season so far, drops our most creative attack minded player in Martin completely, leaves out Galbraith, starts Seaman, changes Horton at half time for Jackson, leaves out Agard and so on. The list is endless.

This bloke is crackers.

You do know against Sunderland we had a very thin squad and quite a few players had just come back from having Covid, right?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 02, 2022, 10:08:27 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
More commonly known as excuses you mean?

Has GM given reasons for his team selection anywhere anyone?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on February 02, 2022, 11:07:30 am by colincramb »

I suppose it’s ok then. Anybody with any once of footballing insight would surely, surely have known we didn’t have the players to play them at their own game.

If he thought that was a even a remote possibility then that is deeply, deeply worrying. What on earth are we doing!!?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 02, 2022, 11:16:43 am by Campsall rover »
Totally out played from the moment that 1st goal went in. We looked a pale shadow of the team that played so well against Plymouth in that 1st half on Saturday.
We were just unable to compete with them. Fitter, faster, and a very well drilled team who have a way of playing that is very effective.
They never let us pass the ball as in our faces immediately we got the ball.
I do not think the plan was to hoof the ball, they just forced us in to doing it which played into their hands.

Too many new faces in the team last night. Why Martin was not playing is a mystery, maybe he had a slight injury. Jackson I thought would be certain to replace Horton who is really struggling defensively and Clayton is obviously not match fit and it showed. I assume GM wanted to rest Galbraith.

Rotherham showed last night they are probably the best team in this league and we had no answer. They simply cantered to a 5-0 win 

Came home last night feeling very disillusioned as I thought we would have made them work much harder to get the 3 points.
We looked like a team with no belief which is a concern after some considerable improvement in the last few games.

Think we can say for certain we will be in League 2 next season. It would take something very spectacular to stay up now.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 02, 2022, 11:21:37 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Good assessment camps.

Martin was on the bench so presumably fit to play a part. So start him GM and then bring him off.

Galbraith again. Why is he being rested? 3 points, however unlikely against Rotherham is 3 points that we can't afford to lose so meekly. You are right. We are 100% relegated now if there was doubt before, no doubt now.

Just watched GM's post match interview. He looks and sounds like a lost puppy. Fair play to him for owning up to the mistakes of team selection but is he learning? He says he is but i'm not seeing it.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 02, 2022, 01:43:07 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Ok. Setting off now from the midlands to battle the lovely M1 and ironically have to go via Rotherham to pick up my fellow DRFC chums and onto the ground.

Bloody best win tonight lads!! COME ON!!!

Safe trip pal

Just seen this. Cheers RD. Yes. All ok in the end.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 02, 2022, 02:31:11 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Was there much trouble around the ground last night?

Saw quite a few one game wonders inside the ground and some unsavoury folk milling around outside.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 02, 2022, 05:03:31 pm by andy didcott »
Cops everywhere, no chance of any trouble.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 02, 2022, 05:08:37 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Forgive me, I’m not reading back through 4 pages, it’s just to depressing.

But what did everyone make of the penalty yesterday? Absolute clear from where I was in the west stand at that end the challenge was a good one.

A joke of a decision from the ref in my eyes. It didn’t matter in the end but the fact they got the 3rd and 4th so quickly just soured the night even more

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on February 02, 2022, 06:49:02 pm by drfchound »
Good assessment camps.

Martin was on the bench so presumably fit to play a part. So start him GM and then bring him off.

Galbraith again. Why is he being rested? 3 points, however unlikely against Rotherham is 3 points that we can't afford to lose so meekly. You are right. We are 100% relegated now if there was doubt before, no doubt now.

Just watched GM's post match interview. He looks and sounds like a lost puppy. Fair play to him for owning up to the mistakes of team selection but is he learning? He says he is but i'm not seeing it.

I said a few games ago that we are certs to be mathematically relegated by mid March, possibly sooner.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 07:17:25 pm by drfchound »

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 02, 2022, 07:12:34 pm by CJK »
Forgive me, I’m not reading back through 4 pages, it’s just to depressing.

But what did everyone make of the penalty yesterday? Absolute clear from where I was in the west stand at that end the challenge was a good one.

A joke of a decision from the ref in my eyes. It didn’t matter in the end but the fact they got the 3rd and 4th so quickly just soured the night even more

Joke of a decision. I was sat right in front of it and couldn't believe he gave it. Must have been 3000 Millers at that end that swayed it. Having said that, he let Smith get away with everything for 90 minutes as well, so shouldn't be surprised.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on February 02, 2022, 07:18:50 pm by The Beast »
My nephew who went with me last night was met at Hungerhill this morning by a teacher with a Rotherham scarf on, as if the lad hasn’t been through enough, absolute disgrace.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on February 03, 2022, 05:32:48 pm by selby »
  If he is still at the same school next year he wants about ten scarves of championship sides, the teacher will be p****d  off and get the jest by the end of September, really fed up by Christmas, avoiding him in March, and suicidal in April. Ground Hog day every Monday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012