Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:01:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Midfield  (Read 1829 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Midfield
« on February 06, 2022, 02:38:28 pm by Branton Rover »
Yesterday we were without Ethan Galbraith who is by far the best technically gifted footballer in our squad and he’s got a fantastic footballing brain to match his talent. However that said, it gives you an indication on just how good Smith & Rowe were. They both battled their balls off to earn the right to play which they did - Smithy was ratting about the field nipping the ball off the opposition & Tommy was tremendous playing his best game since his return& it’s no coincidence he did this in centre midfield.

Please please please never play Tommy again at fullback & thankfully I don’t think he will.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Midfield
« Reply #1 on February 06, 2022, 02:57:06 pm by Jonathan »
We have a left back to get us through to the end of the season now and I’d imagine it’s a position we’ll be looking to strengthen with a permanent in the summer.

Personally I feel there’s more of a plan taking shape in the way we’re now building a squad. But it’s not an overnight fix, it’ll take several transfer windows which to be fair was outlined before the start of the season.

If we go down, we will have a structure in place to come back. And if that still takes a few years then so be it.

Lindsey

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 06, 2022, 03:04:57 pm by Lindsey »
We have a left back to get us through to the end of the season now and I’d imagine it’s a position we’ll be looking to strengthen with a permanent in the summer.

Personally I feel there’s more of a plan taking shape in the way we’re now building a squad. But it’s not an overnight fix, it’ll take several transfer windows which to be fair was outlined before the start of the season.

If we go down, we will have a structure in place to come back. And if that still takes a few years then so be it.

Tommy played left back as we was so weak there.

If we go down it is nothing more than a disaster.

The owners have been here years and yet we are still talking about rebuilds.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 06, 2022, 03:12:30 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Galbraith has been crap since the day Bostock got injured.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 06, 2022, 03:22:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Another thing about our midfield is the lack of goals. Other than Rowe, i'm not sure if any of our midfielders have scored this season have they?

This is one area that seriously needs to be improved in the next 3 months.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 06, 2022, 03:40:00 pm by Plumbster »
It’s not just goals that we have been lacking, it’s creativity- Martin makes a huge difference to that and as a result they look much more effective as a group

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 06, 2022, 03:47:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
It’s not just goals that we have been lacking, it’s creativity- Martin makes a huge difference to that and as a result they look much more effective as a group

Absolutely. Against Plymouth i think it was, Martin played a delightful through ball to Dodoo, similar to the pass that set up Reo yesterday. Sadly the ref gave offside but Dodoo was through on goal. Martin will hold onto the ball and also look to go forward whenever he can instead of sideways or backwards passing.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 06, 2022, 03:50:16 pm by Janso »
Another thing about our midfield is the lack of goals. Other than Rowe, i'm not sure if any of our midfielders have scored this season have they?

Galbraith scored a worldie before Christmas.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 06, 2022, 03:53:10 pm by BobG »
Typical.... Spoil a good dig with a ha'porth of fact!!

Lol Janso!

BobG

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 06, 2022, 03:55:25 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Galbraith scored a worldie before Christmas.

He did yes and he's been excellent this season but that kind of highlights my point. One goal. Not enough but hopefully as we get more further up the pitch more often then this will change.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 06, 2022, 04:37:57 pm by BobG »
Thats not what you said though CDH is it???

BobG

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 06, 2022, 04:47:08 pm by belton rover »
That was a valid point about our midfield from Colin. I certainly didn’t read it as a dig and he actually asked the question about our midfield scoring.
Janso answered and Colin responded, all sensibly.
If anyone is spoiling a discussion by having a dig, Bob, it’s you.

Lindsey

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 06, 2022, 04:48:40 pm by Lindsey »
Thats not what you said though CDH is it???

BobG

What he is saying.. other than Rowe we are lacking goals from midfield . Do you agree Bob?

Regards Lindsey

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 06, 2022, 04:52:52 pm by BobG »
I do agree sure. But CDH said an untruth. Still, he's got his Daddy to look after him now. I hadnt realised he was a baby needing someone else to look after him.

BobG

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 06, 2022, 04:56:08 pm by belton rover »
He didn’t say an ‘untruth’.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 06, 2022, 05:02:29 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
What an immature person. At least I have a genuine reason for my immaturity and admit it as a weak point in my character. Not sure what Bobsters excuse is.

Anyway. The best course of action from here on is to ignore the troll and continue to enjoy my experience on the forum with others.

Lindsey

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 06, 2022, 05:14:03 pm by Lindsey »
What an immature person. At least I have a genuine reason for my immaturity and admit it as a weak point in my character. Not sure what Bobsters excuse is.

Anyway. The best course of action from here on is to ignore the troll and continue to enjoy my experience on the forum with others.

I’m quite surprised he’s never been banned, then again it’s who you know.

Came away on Tuesday saying that’s it no more this season, but think I will be going against Ipswich.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 06, 2022, 05:17:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I do agree sure. But CDH said an untruth. Still, he's got his Daddy to look after him now. I hadnt realised he was a baby needing someone else to look after him.

BobG

How old are you out of interest? Your actual age and not the 10 year old you act like please.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 06, 2022, 05:22:09 pm by EasyforDennis »

BobG

How old are you out of interest? Your actual age and not the 10 year old you act like please.

I think he is probably nearer to 80.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 06, 2022, 05:33:04 pm by selby »
  Lindsey, I am old enough to remember Manchester United getting relegated to the second division three years after being crowned European Champions, Nottingham Forest took a little longer but sank down to our level, as did Leeds after they dreamt they won it.
 It happens mate, no team lasts for ever, Leeds still hang on to a team of fifty years ago.
   Thank your lucky stars we still have owners, Bury, Chester, Hereford, and York would swap us in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 05:37:40 pm by selby »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 06, 2022, 05:38:53 pm by PDX_Rover »

Football is about constantly building or rebuilding is it not? Nothing is permanent. Players come and players go.

I’d love to know what your vision is for the club. Have you contacted the club about meeting DB, GB and TB?

Lindsey

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 06, 2022, 05:41:35 pm by Lindsey »
  Lindsey, I am old enough to remember Manchester United getting relegated to the second division three years after being crowned Eoropean Champions, notts Forest took a little longer but sank down to our level.
 It happens mate, no team lasts for ever, Leeds still hang on to a team of fifty years ago.
   Thank your lucky stars we still have owners Bury, Chester, Hereford and York would swap us in a heartbeat.

And I am old enough to witness  seeing Billy Bremner in a Rovers shirt. So yes you can say I have seen more downs than ups, and no I don’t support and other club.

Lindsey

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 06, 2022, 05:44:13 pm by Lindsey »

Football is about constantly building or rebuilding is it not? Nothing is permanent. Players come and players go.

I’d love to know what your vision is for the club. Have you contacted the club about meeting DB, GB and TB?

Have I contacted the club…erm no, and is that all you can come back with. Time and again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012