Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:12:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Zero shots  (Read 4861 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Zero shots
« on February 08, 2022, 10:05:12 pm by Filo »
To win games you have to have attempts at goal now and then

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Zero shots
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2022, 10:08:34 pm by mushRTID »
I don’t feel too deflated tonight, Ipswich I thought we’re very good despite, admittedly not creating too much.

At least we were competitive which is better than most of the season.

Also felt it looked like a GK error for the goal, looked like he should have come out for it.

Thought Barlow was an odd last sub, I’d have chucked Dodoo on.

Agreed no shots is disappointing though. But didn’t  think it warranted the couple of boos I heard at FT.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2022, 10:10:51 pm by dickos1 »
Not great tonight
But we’re not going to win every game
We need 4 points from the next 3 games

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2022, 10:11:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ipswich were good very solid and we were tired. Can't knock the effort we just weren't great going forwards. The forward line were knackered.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2022, 10:12:07 pm by Filo »
Poor defending for the goal, I thought the goalscorer looked offside, and Mitchell should learn how to push shots wider instead of in the middle
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 03:24:27 pm by Filo »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2022, 10:14:15 pm by Lesonthewest »

It does kind of help, at least it shows you've had a go. Ipswich are a good side without doubt  & we did do well off the ball, but come on we should have had at least given them something to think about in the last 20 minutes. The most comfortable 1-0 you will ever see.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2022, 10:18:14 pm by aidanstu »
The side lacked energy, ability to press the ball and any leadership tonight; whilst McSheffrey has identified a lack of fitness as an issue there can’t be excuses for a lack of talking in the pitch; that’s basic.

How many times tonight did we give the ball away through the lack
Of communication? The only person who
Appears to want to communicate is Frank Sinclair and he doesn’t shut up.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2022, 10:20:25 pm by vaya »
Poor defending for the goal, I thought the goalscorer looked offside, and Martin should learn how to push shots wider instead of in the middle

I've not seen it back, but my reaction at the time was offside.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2022, 10:20:53 pm by jmt23 »
It was an abysmal display, no pressure, we just let them have all the time they wanted.
Our midfield was non existent, I know TR is a firm favourite, but he looked way off it.  Smith was the best player by a mile, but had no help.

The defence never looked happy, RSW looked Ill to me( he did nothing wrong though) the younger and seaman partnership was rubbish, they constantly lost their man.

Long ball - I would like someone to tell me how many balls we won against Rotherham and Ipswich playing that way. We do not have the players to play it - just f-.:&#g stop, we didn’t even win the second balls.
The ref and linesperson over at the west stand, WTF was going off, we didn’t lose because of them, but what a pair.

And after a great away dominating performance I allowed myself to hope again…

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2022, 10:21:53 pm by glosterred »
We had 2 shots, neither on target. After the Lord Mayors show to say the least

COYR

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2022, 10:22:20 pm by scawsby steve »
Poor defending for the goal, I thought the goalscorer looked offside, and Martin should learn how to push shots wider instead of in the middle

Mitchell dived full length to save that header, and palmed it well to the left.

The two defenders should never have let the guy get his header in.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 10:27:06 pm by scawsby steve »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2022, 10:23:14 pm by donnievic »
would think he should push shots towards the goal for us to score

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 08, 2022, 10:24:19 pm by mushRTID »
How many people in this thread don’t know our goalkeepers name haha

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 08, 2022, 10:24:43 pm by donnievic »
we had 3 shots at goal

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 08, 2022, 10:24:57 pm by donnievic »
lol shhhhhhhh

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 08, 2022, 10:27:42 pm by Cramby10 »
We were totally schooled tonight. It was men against boys. The were bigger, faster, fitter and better on the ball. We were chasing shadows. That said, it was a poor goal to concede and they didn’t create a whole host of chances. But they didn’t need to as we had at no point a foothold in the game. Better team won. Simple.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 08, 2022, 10:28:17 pm by scawsby steve »

Corrected now, Mush.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 08, 2022, 10:30:51 pm by RoversAlias »

Bakinson was onside and Mitchell made a great save, that he arguably shouldn't have been able to get to.

Defence left him high and dry on that one. A header by 5'6" Conor Chaplin sent them all to sea.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 08, 2022, 10:32:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Not great tonight
But we’re not going to win every game
We need 4 points from the next 3 games
We need 7 minimum imo.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 08, 2022, 10:34:04 pm by drfchound »
We were totally schooled tonight. It was men against boys. The were bigger, faster, fitter and better on the ball. We were chasing shadows. That said, it was a poor goal to concede and they didn’t create a whole host of chances. But they didn’t need to as we had at no point a foothold in the game. Better team won. Simple.

I came on to post ….. well what you said.
Ipswich were just too good for us.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 08, 2022, 10:35:21 pm by roversdude »
We were beaten by a very good side tonight. My only concern was we looked to having nothing in the tank after Saturday and games are still coming thick and fast. Hope Tommy is ok for Saturday

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 08, 2022, 10:36:17 pm by dickos1 »
Ipswich have a championship squad and a good championship squad. We set up today to be hard to beat and it worked to an extent
I thought gardener did well when he came on

Up front we’ve got to play Griffith’s centrally he’s the only one with anything about him to knock the centre halves about

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 08, 2022, 10:36:50 pm by andyst79 »
Was no where near offside ran in from behind unfortunately

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 08, 2022, 10:38:30 pm by andyst79 »
Ipswich have a championship squad and a good championship squad. We set up today to be hard to beat and it worked to an extent
I thought gardener did well when he came on

Up front we’ve got to play Griffith’s centrally he’s the only one with anything about him to knock the centre halves about
Fair play to Gardner he gave us a bit of presence in midfield when he came on

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 08, 2022, 10:45:40 pm by jmt23 »
I couldn’t disagree more regarding Ipswich,  the odd occasion we did press them, they looked pretty average, and made mistakes.

We made them look good by allowing them the ball, space and time. I agree it was GMc tactics to keep our shape, and be hard to beat.

I think given the position we are in, it was really,really poor tactics. I would rather lose ever game trying, with endless running and an almost rock and roll (Klopp) style play, than limp through games and whimper out of the league.

Show some fight, give us something to hold on to FFS

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 08, 2022, 10:47:42 pm by Pliskin »
Dreadful display from us I thought. Negative, turgid football at home against an average Ipswich side, especially in our situation where it's either win or bust. We just sat deep and didn't even attempt to go after them.

Very disappointing.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 08, 2022, 10:49:19 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Poor from GM. Need an attacking threat and waits until the 84th minute and then brings on Barlow when Dodoo and Agard are on the bench. Dire tactics and really shocking decision making once again.

He can take the credit for Sunderland but this game just sent us right back to most of our abject home performances under him and back to square one. We looked well off the pace and lacked aggression and urgency. A familiar theme.

We might engineer a win at Pompey but then we'll lose our next 4 probably and we can't stay up doing that and not being able to string two results together sadly.

Games like these are strange because you almost have a feeling inside, a sense of certainty that we will not score. Happy tonight as i was able to leave a bit early and not needing to drop mates off home so bombed down the M1 and back home not long ago.

Even if we had scored. A point isn't enough.

Ipswich dominated the ball and dominated us. Men against boys once again. A more clinical side could and should have done a Rotherham.

Our home performances (other than Plymouth) and results under McSheffery are a serious concern and we've now gone from having not too bad home form and not being able to win away to the exact opposite. Just the 1-0 win against Shrewsbury under GM at home. Unacceptable.

Just like the Rotherham game. I knew we'd not score after 10 minutes. The tempo was set, Ipswich spent most of the time with the ball and in our half. Best chance we had was Martin belting a free kick off a defenders head for a corner first half.

Not angry really tonight as we just can't string any results together and it's been like all season but just disappointed as some hope of survival was rekindled by the result at Sunderland and it has been dashed again but it is what it is. We do need a miracle again now. If we didn't before.

GM decision making once again though is a massive concern as is the ability for a team to boss and beat Sunderland away and that very same team look like a group of Under 16's playing mens football literally days later. Truly bizarre.

Ipswich fans droned predictable annoying songs all night and let off flares. Bunch of numbskulls. Cambridge fans put them to shame when they came on a tuesday night. So much for a 'big club'. Big club, small minded fans. Not all of course.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 10:53:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 08, 2022, 10:59:31 pm by dickos1 »
Poor from GM. Need an attacking threat and waits until the 84th minute and then brings on Barlow when Dodoo and Agard are on the bench. Dire tactics and really shocking decision making once again.

He can take the credit for Sunderland but this game just sent us right back to most of our abject home performances under him and back to square one. We looked well off the pace and lacked aggression and urgency. A familiar theme.

We might engineer a win at Pompey but then we'll lose our next 4 probably and we can't stay up doing that and not being able to string two results together sadly.

Games like these are strange because you almost have a feeling inside, a sense of certainty that we will not score. Happy tonight as i was able to leave a bit early and not needing to drop mates off home so bombed down the M1 and back home not long ago.

Ipswich dominated the ball and dominated us. Men against boys once again. A more clinical side could and should have done a Rotherham.

Our home performances (other than Plymouth) and results under McSheffery are a serious concern and we've now gone from having not too bad home form and not being able to win away to the exact opposite. Just the 1-0 win against Shrewsbury under GM at home. Unacceptable.

Just like the Rotherham game. I knew we'd not score after 10 minutes. The tempo was set, Ipswich spent most of the time with the ball and in our half. Best chance we had was Martin belting a free kick off a defenders head for a corner first half.

Not angry really tonight as we just can't string any results together and it's been like all season but just disappointed as some hope of survival was rekindled by the result at Sunderland and it has been dashed again but it is what it is. We do need a miracle again now. If we didn't before.

GM decision making once again though is a massive concern as is the ability for a team to boss and beat Sunderland away and that very same team look like a group of Under 16's playing mens football literally days later. Truly bizarre.

Ipswich fans droned predictable annoying songs all night and let off flares. Bunch of numbskulls. Cambridge fans put them to shame when they came on a tuesday night. So much for a 'big club'. Big club, small minded fans. Not all of course.

We’ve 15 games to go, we don’t need to win every game so to suggest one game has dashed our hopes is nonsense.
If we can get 4 points from the next 3 games we’ve still got a decent chance going into a better run of fixtures.
Of course A point would have been a great result, to say it wouldn’t have been enough is again nonsense 

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 08, 2022, 11:00:39 pm by ditch_drfc »
Don't buy the "championship squad" excuse one bit. On that yardstick about a third of the teams in this league have a championship squad. They are a league one team and not even one worthy of the play offs.

We're not gonna win every match but bloody hell is it depressing when our home form is like this. Have to go back to early December for our last win. And October for the one before that! A home win is well overdue and hopefully comes a week on Saturday.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 08, 2022, 11:07:15 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

We’ve 15 games to go, we don’t need to win every game so to suggest one game has dashed our hopes is nonsense.
If we can get 4 points from the next 3 games we’ve still got a decent chance going into a better run of fixtures.
Of course A point would have been a great result, to say it wouldn’t have been enough is again nonsense

If Wimbledon win their game in hand then we need 11 points just to get level. That would mean 4 wins to get level then how many more wins to get out of trouble. Its over man. Accept it and deal with your denial. Your blind positivity is nonsense. We've won 1 home game in 4 months yet you still think it is doable, playing like that tonight too lol. Takes all sorts i guess.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012