Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:55:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I was shocked  (Read 2615 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
I was shocked
« on February 25, 2022, 10:20:24 am by Branton Rover »
This is what I’ve posted on DRFC fan’s Facebook page and I thought worth sharing on here too.

I bought my season ticket yesterday and it’s fair to say I was flabbergasted as to how cheap it was - £244.05 which is £10.61 per game - in previous seasons I’ve paid nearly double that -

I have no real understanding of the Club Doncaster business model but I’ve got to say massive praise to our ownership; Terry, David & Gavin for making football in the borough affordable for the average man on the street.

As a collective they’ve taken massive criticism, Gavin especially and a lot of it unjustified in my opinion.

On ticketing we’re basically paying Conference money for what still could be League One football - as I said at the outset of the post I’m flabbergasted & just don’t know how they can do it, by comparison to buy a season ticket at Chesterfield for the best seat is £506

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: I was shocked
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2022, 10:28:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It’s good value. I know the football hasn’t been great, but the club has realised the area it lie’s in and tried to make things affordable.
Some would say at times we’ve had conference standard football but if we hadn’t the price would have been the same.
The club Doncaster model keeps the prices down. I don’t understand the negativity towards it at times.

It’s there to bring in extra money that gives us an alternative way to compete. It’s seen as a failure by some because of results on the pitch, when in reality it gives us a chance, we don’t get the crowds so need this extra money coming in.
I’d like to think that if we can get the club turned back around that the crowds will start improving. It’s not beyond a club like ours to be averaging ten thousand for home games.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2022, 10:34:46 am by Branton Rover »
I agree Sammy with the majority of your reply but to state 10k home fans is a little far fetched considering our lost generation of fans who deserted us in the 90’s for Leeds/Wednesday/Man U etc, they’ve got kids themselves now and are taking them there as opposed to the Keepmoat - yes I still call it that can’t get used to The Ecoplast

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2022, 10:37:26 am by Draytonian III »
York City’s best seats are £299, I bought my Rovers one on Monday and I paid £255.57 because I’ve joined cup direct which in itself is a very good thing as it saves you the hassle of having to go to the ground for cup tickets, and my S/T is going to come recorded delivery.
 Well done Rovers.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2022, 10:50:47 am by Goole Rover »
I agree Sammy with the majority of your reply but to state 10k home fans is a little far fetched considering our lost generation of fans who deserted us in the 90’s for Leeds/Wednesday/Man U etc, they’ve got kids themselves now and are taking them there as opposed to the Keepmoat - yes I still call it that can’t get used to The Ecoplast
Our fans deserted us well before the 90’s BR it all happened in 69/70 season following the transfer of Harold Wilcockson to Sheffield Wednesday and then a terrible run of results in the new year. You are dead right in saying that horrible West Yorkshire club were the benefactors. Strange thing is the majority of the deserters appeared to me to be of one type.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 25, 2022, 10:58:50 am by deebee »
When I go for mine it will be £129.00. Being a pensioner in the South Stand at £159.00 minus £30.00 for the 5-year loyalty discount I opted for. That's just £5.60 per game, an absolute bargain.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 25, 2022, 10:59:13 am by Sammy Chung was King »
During our championship years we became a lot of floating supporters second team. When their side wasn’t playing they came and watched us. The football being played was a draw, also being in the championship.

I still think at this level, when we are doing well we can get between 8-10 thousand. There are so many options on a weekend now for families to choose, the club has to provide something special to win these type of fans. Playing good football does draw people in to watch.

Belle Vue Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 25, 2022, 11:26:35 am by Belle Vue Boy »
I've not had one since 2013 due to working away so usually buy the 5-10 game packages. So for that price im not bothered if i only use half of it, it still goes to the rovers and not far off the last price of 10 games i paid, so massive credit to the club  :scarf:

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 25, 2022, 11:27:04 am by DRCraig »
Great prices. Nobody can complain. No matter what division we are in.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 25, 2022, 12:37:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I paid £199 & added a £40 bolt on.

I didn’t take up the loyalty bonus or ask for refunds for the games I’ve missed.

The club is doing its best, I just thought I’d reciprocate.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 25, 2022, 01:12:44 pm by jmt23 »
It would be interesting to compare these to all L1 teams prices, it almost seems too low for the league.
I’d say take it up while you can  :scarf:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 25, 2022, 05:23:00 pm by since-1969 »
This is what I’ve posted on DRFC fan’s Facebook page and I thought worth sharing on here too.

I bought my season ticket yesterday and it’s fair to say I was flabbergasted as to how cheap it was - £244.05 which is £10.61 per game - in previous seasons I’ve paid nearly double that -

I have no real understanding of the Club Doncaster business model but I’ve got to say massive praise to our ownership; Terry, David & Gavin for making football in the borough affordable for the average man on the street.

As a collective they’ve taken massive criticism, Gavin especially and a lot of it unjustified in my opinion.

On ticketing we’re basically paying Conference money for what still could be League One football - as I said at the outset of the post I’m flabbergasted & just don’t know how they can do it, by comparison to buy a season ticket at Chesterfield for the best seat is £506
We’ve got the club we pay for .. backward facing with no ambition. I’d pay £500 if I thought it was o get back where our stadium facilities  were build for the Championship!! Not L2 or the National League .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 25, 2022, 05:28:03 pm by Campsall rover »

We’ve got the club we pay for .. backward facing with no ambition. I’d pay £500 if I thought it was o get back where our stadium facilities  were build for the Championship!! Not L2 or the National League .
Your unbelievable. You can even find a negative out of a massive positive.  :headbang:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 25, 2022, 05:37:55 pm by dickos1 »

You are a clown

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 25, 2022, 05:41:56 pm by since-1969 »
I say what I believe , that the club is in the wrong hands . Hayho !!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 25, 2022, 05:42:30 pm by roversdude »
That from someone who was adamant they weren’t getting a season ticket this season

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 25, 2022, 05:50:21 pm by since-1969 »
That from someone who was adamant they weren’t getting a season ticket this season
Yes that’s true.. and look what I paid for…..Point proved !!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 25, 2022, 05:57:02 pm by Spud »

Think the only point you've proved there is you talk cack.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2022, 06:11:19 pm by since-1969 »

Think the only point you've proved there is you talk cack.
L2 next season and your all happy because your all paying less. Waisted seasons of  mediocre investment and bad management. How does this get us backup to the championship ?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2022, 06:41:38 pm by IDM »
Why don’t you crawl back into your cave with the other trolls.?

Great ST pricing from Rovers which is independent of being in league one or two next season.

You can have your opinion of the club as much as you want, but we can just as well disagree with you.

On ST prices like this, what’s the issue.?  Therefore you are trolling.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2022, 06:44:50 pm by roversdude »
Why do we belong in the Championship?
What we’ve paid for this season is a massive squad.
I bet the fact we’ve won a few games has really grieved you

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 26, 2022, 11:49:17 am by since-1969 »
Why do we belong in the Championship?
What we’ve paid for this season is a massive squad.
I bet the fact we’ve won a few games has really grieved you
Don’t talk silly I’ve been following the Rovers “ Since-1969” and I’m upset that since getting relegated from the L1 the last time we’ve failed to keep three managers , sold our best players , and the offensiveness of seeing  millionaires putting begging a  bowl out to its hard covid effected supporters  and appoint a complete fool as a manger and all we’ve achieved is struggling to avoid relegation . The reduction in season ticket prices is just poor consolation . Either the board are prepared to input even more of their moth eaten cash or a lower ticket price means even less money into playing side . I pray we keep up this turn round McSheffrey is achieving and everyone gets to play Barnsley and the Windies next season . So I’m RTiD . But I won’t stop asking for more from those who profess to love the club as much as we all do !! 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 26, 2022, 12:20:06 pm by Donnywolf »
When I go for mine it will be £129.00. Being a pensioner in the South Stand at £159.00 minus £30.00 for the 5-year loyalty discount I opted for. That's just £5.60 per game, an absolute bargain.

I thought you were in Lottery / Alliance as well deebee as that's a further discount

If not fair play 5 pound plus is a great price and you may yet see Div 1 action

I do hope so ... and have to agree with OP

TinyPortal © 2005-2012