Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:20:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Some people are on the pitch  (Read 3482 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Some people are on the pitch
« on March 05, 2022, 04:50:52 pm by Upton Rover »
They think it’s all over!
It is now.
Poor performance by a shocking team other than Tommy, and ran by a manager who’s a nice bloke but doesn’t understand what the word tactics mean and not got a clue how to suss other teams out, Oh and backed by a board who have totally lost the plot on many things. We see how it goes in L2 but with this set up it’s not going to be easy to bounce straight back up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Some people are on the pitch
« Reply #1 on March 05, 2022, 04:53:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's not over. The manager appointment was and still is an absolute joke. Backed in January too and has a better hand than Wellens had by far.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2022, 04:59:25 pm by Barmby Rover »
Step 3 coming up after the RW sacking. 1) Appoint the youth team manager with no experience 2) Spend as little as possible in the January window £) Get the fans to blame the manager for relegation 4) Cut the playing budget to "suit a Lg.2 standard" 5) Appoint another unreliable manager, and give him nothing for players over the summer. Watch the club slowly fold. A business plan and a half, move the team out of the stadium, insert Rugby Union where it belongs!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 05, 2022, 05:04:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don’t think money is the issue. We are spending more than enough to be clear of the relegation zone. It could be we are spending this poorly, but we are not being miserly.

I do worry about McSheffrey. He has focused the players more and the work rate is better, but I don’t see much value being added otherwise. We play atrocious football and the same problems appear again and again - poor defending, dire possession and retention, bullied all over pitch, isolated attacking players, shots on goal as rare as hen’s teeth.

We no longer have the threadbare squad when he started but we are in no way more consistent.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 05, 2022, 05:07:28 pm by ChrisBx »
Who on earth sanctioned 18 month contracts for Clayton and Agard?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 05, 2022, 05:09:13 pm by dickos1 »
It is now.
Poor performance by a shocking team other than Tommy, and ran by a manager who’s a nice bloke but doesn’t understand what the word tactics mean and not got a clue how to suss other teams out, Oh and backed by a board who have totally lost the plot on many things. We see how it goes in L2 but with this set up it’s not going to be easy to bounce straight back up.

It’s probably the 6th/7th time youve said it’s over.
People need to realise that when we’re bottom of the league that we’re going to lose games.
Anyone who thought otherwise is daft

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 05, 2022, 05:13:50 pm by Campsall rover »
Some serious jokers on this thread.

Pathetic comments.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 05, 2022, 05:41:21 pm by drfc1951 »
The chairman,he is the to blame

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 05, 2022, 05:46:25 pm by Campsall rover »
The chairman,he is the to blame
Clayton is definitely not 100% fit. If he is then he has gone downhill very fast.
Agard is a mystery. GM said when Agard became available that he could not afford to miss out on him.
He has hardly played him. ???   :zzz:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 05, 2022, 05:49:12 pm by since-1969 »
Signing players who careers are doubtful isn’t good judgment it’s desperate. L2 will only sort out who’s up for the challenge and those players who didn’t put a shift in to keep us up will no doubt get the boot . Money is always the answer ie pay the right players and not the wring ones !!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 05, 2022, 05:53:24 pm by Campsall rover »
I always thought today the points would be a bonus. Realistically hoping for a draw.
What I did not expect was an abject performance from pretty much the whole team.
Cheltenham did not need to get out of 3rd gear to beat us.
That sort of mentality has to change. It has to change now as if we do not put in a run of wins in the next 4 games then we are going down.

It’s now or never. I want to see some blood and guts performances in the next few weeks. Do the players want to stay in league 1 or not. We can if the application is there but it needs to be week in week out from now on.
Not as and well we feel like turning up.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 05, 2022, 06:19:12 pm by EasyforDennis »
It is now.

People need to realise that when we’re bottom of the league that we’re going to lose games.

It has been over for a long time.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 05, 2022, 06:26:54 pm by Campsall rover »
It is now.

If it is then may as well abandon the season now. It isn’t all over until it is all over.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 05, 2022, 06:39:30 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I always thought today the points would be a bonus. Realistically hoping for a draw.
What I did not expect was an abject performance from pretty much the whole team.
Cheltenham did not need to get out of 3rd gear to beat us.
That sort of mentality has to change. It has to change now as if we do not put in a run of wins in the next 4 games then we are going down.

It’s now or never. I want to see some blood and guts performances in the next few weeks. Do the players want to stay in league 1 or not. We can if the application is there but it needs to be week in week out from now on.
Not as and well we feel like turning up.

We've been saying this for weeks, Campsall and whilst we've seen some improvement there have also still been far too many performances like today.  I don't know what it is that keeps you believing we could suddenly shed our skin for the remaining games.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 05, 2022, 06:44:01 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
No sign of the fat lady

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 05, 2022, 06:45:05 pm by Petche »
The reaction from the fans at Lincoln a few weeks ago was fantastic, I thought that would have fired the players up for the fight but clearly not.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 05, 2022, 06:52:05 pm by Campsall rover »
No sign of the fat lady
Correct I can’t see her. Not yet.
If we can’t see her charging towards us at the end of March then we will still have hope.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 05, 2022, 07:01:11 pm by dickos1 »
It is now.

Why u bothering then

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 05, 2022, 07:27:56 pm by EasyforDennis »
It is now.

Why u bothering then

Because I am bothered!! I am also a realist.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 05, 2022, 07:35:34 pm by dickos1 »
It’s not realistic to think it’s all over with twenty odd games to go.
Even now with 9 games to go and 4 points adrift it isn’t realistic to suggest it’s all over

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 05, 2022, 07:51:36 pm by Surrey Rover »
Even now with 9 games to go and 4 points adrift it isn’t realistic to suggest it’s all over
You are correct, so why did so many of the players perform today as if it is all over? Lack of effort and desire will cost us if there isn’t a quick change in several players attitude, as someone who has played the game at a higher level than most on this forum surely you can allude to that?

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 05, 2022, 07:54:19 pm by anton123 »
With the managers decisions today I’m very worried, mipo up top as a lone striker and Clayton on from the off just baffles me , the players we have should stay up but under this management team we will go down

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 05, 2022, 08:02:54 pm by dickos1 »
The main reason we are where we are is injuries and that’s not an excuse, it’s a fact that if we had Anderson, John, close, okenabirhie, Taylor, bostock, available week in week out we wouldn’t be where we are now.

Can’t keep blaming the managers, the players are the ones that have to show they’re up for the fight.
Gillingham will be next week

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 05, 2022, 08:13:49 pm by anton123 »
The main reason we are where we are is injuries and that’s not an excuse, it’s a fact that if we had Anderson, John, close, okenabirhie, Taylor, bostock, available week in week out we wouldn’t be where we are now.

Can’t keep blaming the managers, the players are the ones that have to show they’re up for the fight.
But we had all them players after Christmas last season bar 1 and it was relegation form , it’s the management team that is wrong for us the players with the right training and instructions ect would easily stay up

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 05, 2022, 08:14:44 pm by bpoolrover »
What annoys me against the so called big teams we tried pressing them and gave them no time on the ball from front to back, today they could have done whatever they wanted as there was only Tommy Rowe pressing

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 05, 2022, 08:17:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Thought Gardener had his worst game today and rightfully pulled off. The decision to take Martin off over Odubeko was a joke. Martin needs to be up top or literally playing as a 10. Not sticking legs out on the edge of boxes tripping players up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 05, 2022, 08:22:55 pm by dickos1 »

But we had all them players after Christmas last season bar 1 and it was relegation form , it’s the management team that is wrong for us the players with the right training and instructions ect would easily stay up

So you’re saying all the managers we’ve had are to blame?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 05, 2022, 08:25:06 pm by GazLaz »
What annoys me against the so called big teams we tried pressing them and gave them no time on the ball from front to back, today they could have done whatever they wanted as there was only Tommy Rowe pressing

I think Smith is a decent presser. Pressing is a team pursuit though admittedly.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 05, 2022, 08:33:13 pm by anton123 »

So you’re saying all the managers we’ve had are to blame?
Yes mate starting from butlers appointment til now yes , richy was unlucky with injury’s as was GM til jan but no excuses now .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 05, 2022, 08:35:09 pm by dickos1 »
He’s still got the same injuries though, the players he could sign are obviously in the main not of the quality or experience of the players we have out injured

TinyPortal © 2005-2012