Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:46:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SOD or Fergie  (Read 1126 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
SOD or Fergie
« on March 12, 2022, 08:15:20 pm by Canadian Rover »
Hypothetical and supposed to be a light hearted topic. Let's say SOD & Ferguson were your only options to replace GMC

Would you keep Mcsheffrey, or have SOD back or would you welcome Ferguson back?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
Re: SOD or Fergie
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2022, 08:23:34 pm by Silkscarf »
Whoever is our manager come next August they are starting from a bad position.

SOD is the second best manager in our history. Before my time but Peter Doherty is surely the best.

But how would either of those in their pomp fare next season? It’s going to be tough whoever is boss.

Fergie I’d rank with those who did pretty well. I never liked him and he got a lot wrong. But I guess he would probably do OK again.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2022, 08:34:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
SOD hasn't managed for so long that rules him out imo. But if your saying at their peak which one obviously it'd be SOD.

Fergie is probably the only manager since Saunders to leave us in a better state than he found us. And Saunders had a lot of money to throw at it on experienced players. Fergie signed younger players who were the spine of a good team for a few years after.

I know we won't but i'd be on the phone to him to see if he has any interest at all in taking over now with a view to next year. That's all it takes just a bit of proactiveness. Lets not wait till we're in a mess next year to move GM on and take 2 months to replace him with whoever we have as caretaker

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2022, 08:38:24 pm by Bessie Red »
Wouldn't mind Dave Penney back if he could reproduce the style we had when he managed us in Lge 2. Excitement nearly every game.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2022, 08:40:56 pm by keith79 »
Sod no doubt about that.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 12, 2022, 10:38:40 pm by Draytonian III »
SOD.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 12, 2022, 10:49:22 pm by elmsallrover »
Sod as manager fergie as Head of recruitment

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 12, 2022, 10:57:46 pm by danumdon »
I think we have to accept that both managers have either burnt their bridges here or had it done for them so no chance of any sort of a reunion.

What we do know is that the current incumbent will ensure we are visiting new grounds in the none league in a years time if we are ridiculous enough to still have him in place.

This club needs to learn the ropes fast, doing anything else will see us languish in no mans land for the foreseeable.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 13, 2022, 12:16:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It would be SOD. We need a long term appointment, some stability. A guy we have faith in. As long as supporters can see what the manager is trying to do, then usually there isn’t a problem.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 13, 2022, 09:50:53 am by ravenrover »
We would need some big investment for either SOD or DF, or any other decent manager to make anything change. Silk purse and sows ear springs to mind

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 13, 2022, 10:14:17 am by Superspy »
On footballing philosophy, in this hypothetical, I'd take SOD.

I've never been one for advocating "don't lose" over "try to win" but we're so shit at the minute I genuinely believe our defensive woes are massively affecting everything that happens in front of the defenders. There's no confidence in our back line so we can't play further forward - and no, I'm not suggesting our strikers are good and are just being held back, I'm saying you can get away with relatively poor strikers if you don't concede. With that in mind I honestly think we need to stop trying to win and start trying not to lose....start trying to be hard to beat to build a bit of confidence within the squad. SOD was known for caring less about results and operating on the basis of building the performances and the results will come.

It feels like we need some of that right now.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 13, 2022, 12:07:25 pm by Colin C No.3 »
He knows Lg1 & 2. Fergie.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 13, 2022, 12:17:15 pm by foxbat »
After this season I would like to have a manager with no previous connection to the club whatsoever,  and who can come in and be completely fresh and objectiveive.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 13, 2022, 12:51:47 pm by roversdude »
We need someone LIKE Fergie to shake everything up, there is something wrong in the DNA of the club currently. We’ve changed managers, playing staff and coaches but our inability to do basics right on the pitch continues

TinyPortal © 2005-2012