Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:43:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Bostock - Charity Game  (Read 2721 times)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
John Bostock - Charity Game
« on March 31, 2022, 02:12:34 pm by jamesrover17 »
Bit of hoo harr on Twitter about John Bostock apparently playing in a charity game this weekend, can't find anything official but absolutely mind boggling if true...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
Re: John Bostock - Charity Game
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2022, 02:46:35 pm by jamesrover17 »
Scratch that, from the horses mouth, he is attending, not playing - case closed

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2022, 03:23:26 pm by Filo »

That will piss the t**ts on t**tter off

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2022, 04:10:46 pm by Canadian Rover »

Why be so disrespectful of people?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2022, 05:24:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Why be so disrespectful of people?

Because that's what twitter lets them be.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2022, 05:36:12 pm by ravenrover »
Whats wrong with the "twits on twitter? CR, I'm sure that's what Filo meant :-))

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2022, 05:43:08 pm by Filo »
Whats wrong with the "twits on twitter? CR, I'm sure that's what Filo meant :-))

Fat fingers :), the sentiment is the same, and whenever has twitter been respectable?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2022, 06:24:11 pm by ravenrover »
It is when I use it

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2022, 06:59:47 pm by wesisback »

Fat fingers :), the sentiment is the same, and whenever has twitter been respectable?
Except there's now some fairly good evidence showing he was due to be playing till it was called out on Twitter and they've realised just how poor it looks.
Another one to chalk onto the 'This club is now run by people who simply don't have a clue from the top to the bottom' list.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 31, 2022, 07:05:30 pm by Filo »

Except there's now some fairly good evidence showing he was due to be playing till it was called out on Twitter and they've realised just how poor it looks.
Another one to chalk onto the 'This club is now run by people who simply don't have a clue from the top to the bottom' list.

Shouldn’t bother someone who no longer goes

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 31, 2022, 07:35:42 pm by GazLaz »
It’s a complete non story. They’ve used his name to promote the event (raising money for a good cause) and the event promotes him (his YouTube channel). It works both ways.

Playing 5 minutes in a charity game would hardly be the crime of the century anyway would it.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2022, 08:03:04 pm by Belle_Vue »
It’s a complete non story. They’ve used his name to promote the event (raising money for a good cause) and the event promotes him (his YouTube channel). It works both ways.

Playing 5 minutes in a charity game would hardly be the crime of the century anyway would it.

If you was his manager or employer and he played 5 minutes and got injured again how would you feel?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 31, 2022, 08:11:09 pm by 5minstogo »

If its full of t**ts why use it?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 31, 2022, 08:12:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It's all a bit dramatic.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 31, 2022, 08:16:49 pm by drfchound »
If he was going to play for a few minutes he might have got clearance from the club to do so.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 31, 2022, 08:35:34 pm by Silkscarf »
If it’s true that he was planning to play for 5 minutes (or even 1 minute) then he is a total waste of space and should be kicked out now.

We’re fighting to stay in the third division. We’re paying him a lot of money to help us stay up. So far he’s mainly been injured. Get a grip John. Do what we’re paying you to do.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 31, 2022, 08:36:06 pm by Belle_Vue »
If he was going to play for a few minutes he might have got clearance from the club to do so.

That would almost be worse

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 31, 2022, 09:02:33 pm by drfchound »

That would almost be worse

True.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 31, 2022, 09:06:38 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

If you was his manager or employer and he played 5 minutes and got injured again how would you feel?

Our manager send players on extended holiday when we have a game on. So I think he’d not be bothered.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 31, 2022, 10:46:26 pm by wesisback »

Shouldn’t bother someone who no longer goes
Not wishing to put any money into the club is not the same as not following the club.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 01, 2022, 09:32:15 am by idler »
If everybody had the same idea Wes we wouldn't have a club at all.
Just think if Richardson had made fans give up.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 01, 2022, 09:39:09 am by elmsallrover »
If it happens it happens

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 01, 2022, 10:14:00 am by wesisback »
If everybody had the same idea Wes we wouldn't have a club at all.
Just think if Richardson had made fans give up.
If I was to be super cynical in many ways it no longer feels like we have a club at all anyway. I'm pretty open that I never ever took to the Keepmoat. Up until this year I thought it was my love of football dying but I've hit a non league game just about every Tuesday this year and its properly rekindled my love for the sport.
Relegation at Rovers doesn't bother me, I look back and enjoy the Conference years more than most other eras. Where I'm disappointed more so than ever before with the club is the abject apathy at just about every level of the club. I'm genuinely bored of hearing how much we're succeeding off the pitch when anything that actually affects me, the paying punter is bloody awful. I've never had that experience at a single ground I've done this year. It still feels like every stakeholder at these grounds still cares.
 The only thing I agree with SM on is that what happens on that green rectangle isn't always predictable and we're going to have some good and bad years thrown in now and again.
Its why more than ever the club should be inspecting every single element of the match day experience and making sure its exemplary in every way and I hate to say it but I think they either believe its good, its not losing them money or they just don't care enough.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 01, 2022, 01:08:36 pm by rich1471 »
Bit of hoo harr on Twitter about John Bostock apparently playing in a charity game this weekend, can't find anything official but absolutely mind boggling if true...
Does anybody know what the charity was he was going to play in .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012