Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:11:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It’s that player again !!  (Read 2010 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
It’s that player again !!
« on April 24, 2022, 09:20:25 am by since-1969 »
He just keeps growing …

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
Re: It’s that player again !!
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2022, 09:45:51 am by Goole Rover »
The worst thing is that a large number of our fans and the manager couldn’t see his potential. It was very obvious to me and some that his confidence was growing at every game. All I could hear was praise for Marquis who was on the bench yesterday for his loan club Lincoln.
Our thanks must go to Darren Moore.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2022, 09:51:12 am by DRFCSouth »
It never quite worked out for him at Donny, and he was down the pecking order. Quite rightfully at the time as well.

He seemed promising, but has obviously gone to the next level now. Good on him.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2022, 10:01:25 am by Spud »
No Bogle, Watters or Wellens threads this week....

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2022, 10:04:12 am by roversdude »
Brilliant well done Alfie, top bloke and appreciated at CTFC as he was here. Would he have kicked on here ??? No one will ever know but his enthusiasm was infectious

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2022, 10:15:41 am by Daniel_Smith »
Hindsight is a brilliant thing.

Had he been able to finish whilst playing for us, he wouldn't have been let go. He couldn't though.

Glad he's pushed on. But he ran round like a headless chicken in most games for us.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2022, 10:44:45 am by Janso »
The worst thing is that a large number of our fans and the manager couldn’t see his potential. It was very obvious to me and some that his confidence was growing at every game. All I could hear was praise for Marquis who was on the bench yesterday for his loan club Lincoln.

He's not on loan at Lincoln, he signed permanently for six months. He'll be out of contract in the summer unless he signs an extension.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2022, 11:10:58 am by RoversAlias »
I'm getting deja vu with all these Alfie May threads.

I really think we should be trying to sign Marquis in the summer by the way.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2022, 11:13:22 am by The Beast »
We capitulated when Darren Moore left, not when Alfie did! It wasn't Darren Moores' fault that Alfie hadn't proved himself in the time he'd been at the club. His strike rate was worse than Lewis Guy's. He's gone to Cheltenham and reinvented himself, well done to him, hope he keeps it going!

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2022, 11:17:47 am by Goole Rover »
I'm getting deja vu with all these Alfie May threads.

I really think we should be trying to sign Marquis in the summer by the way.
Please no !
Although thinking about it he maybe satisfactory at League 2 level, a flash in the pan when he was here can’t believe that Pompey took the bait.
My apologies didn’t know that Lincoln had signed him on a six month contract.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2022, 11:20:45 am by RoversAlias »
Marquis scored more than 70 goals in three seasons here, he was not a flash in the pan.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2022, 11:31:40 am by Goole Rover »
Marquis scored more than 70 goals in three seasons here, he was not a flash in the pan.
Well only thing I can say is that I’ve been proved right on both counts. Over and out.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2022, 12:13:34 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
We capitulated when Darren Moore left, not when Alfie did! It wasn't Darren Moores' fault that Alfie hadn't proved himself in the time he'd been at the club. His strike rate was worse than Lewis Guy's. He's gone to Cheltenham and reinvented himself, well done to him, hope he keeps it going!

yes he got his "hair cut"  by getting rid of his pony tail he couldn't be mistaken for the back end of a horse at Cheltenham

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2022, 06:27:48 pm by Chris the Rover »
Not a chance with Marquis. He would cost too much.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 24, 2022, 06:37:05 pm by roversdude »
Not a chance with Marquis. He would cost too much.

Not exactly “sold himself” at Lincoln (or Portsmouth) - I would argue that Alfie is now worth more than JM

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 24, 2022, 06:59:58 pm by since-1969 »
Hindsight is a brilliant thing.

Had he been able to finish whilst playing for us, he wouldn't have been let go. He couldn't though.

Glad he's pushed on. But he ran round like a headless chicken in most games for us.
No it’s was foresight  that’s why  Ferguson signed him because he was a useful player with potential. Didn’t he sign Whiteman and Watters also .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 24, 2022, 07:31:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »

We were 3rd bottom of the form table when DM went. Pretty sure the capitulation started before he left.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 25, 2022, 11:25:03 am by Reg of the Rovers »

We were 3rd bottom of the form table when DM went. Pretty sure the capitulation started before he left.
Agreed, Moore was the captain of the Titanic who hit the iceberg and then jumped on the first life raft to save himself.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 25, 2022, 11:25:51 am by Alan Southstand »
It did start before he’d left - officially’. He’d already had his head turned by Sheff Wednesday before he left!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 25, 2022, 11:54:39 am by Campsall rover »
It did start before he’d left - officially’. He’d already had his head turned by Sheff Wednesday before he left!
Think DM’s last 5 results with us was 1 draw and 4 defeats.

He jumped ship at the fist sign of rough seas.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 25, 2022, 12:53:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Whiteman going was more influential.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 25, 2022, 01:16:04 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Whiteman was the cog of the team. He was never replaced. Moore’s funding must have not been good ,when you look at the strikers he signed. You can’t blame him for leaving for a club that would allow him to get good standard players in.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2022, 02:25:56 pm by DRCraig »
Wasn't obvious so let's not be too angry.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 25, 2022, 02:28:46 pm by roversdude »
Whiteman was the cog of the team. He was never replaced. Moore’s funding must have not been good ,when you look at the strikers he signed. You can’t blame him for leaving for a club that would allow him to get good standard players in.

He got who he wanted

TinyPortal © 2005-2012