Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:59:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Released  (Read 1732 times)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
Released
« on May 06, 2022, 10:42:11 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
Not to be offered contracts according to the free press are:
Cameron John, Fejiri Okenabirhie, Dan Gardner, Branden Horton, Ed Williams, AJ Greaves and Lirak Hasani.

Little disappointed the youngsters Greaves and Hasani haven’t been offered at least another year.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Released
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2022, 10:59:21 pm by drfchound »
Dave Penny has left the club. ;-)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2022, 11:26:35 pm by The Beast »
Not to be offered contracts according to the free press are:
Cameron John, Fejiri Okenabirhie, Dan Gardner, Branden Horton, Ed Williams, AJ Greaves and Lirak Hasani.

Little disappointed the youngsters Greaves and Hasani haven’t been offered at least another year.
Think Greaves had really stagnated, Hasani didn't really set the world alight either, hope they manage to get a full-time contract elsewhere!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 07, 2022, 07:40:23 am by Spud »
Disappointed Horton hasn't been given another chance, think he could have progressed in league two. I liked his no nonsense style & carried a goal threat.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2022, 08:01:27 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Horton is the one I think is a bit harsh as others say he'd be ok as a back up left back. It's cost more to replace him with a player from elsewhere no doubt.

Gardener is a weird one. I still think he'd be useful at L2 level. Some of our best results came when he played in midfield and he did a job against the better teams in the division. That said we do need to make space in the squad for some quality signings we've too many on contract who aren't good enough so it's harder to offer contracts to squad players

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2022, 08:59:39 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We will need plenty of energy in that midfield. A goal threat, plenty of durability, up and down all game long. Surprised with Horton, think a mistake has been made there.
A few left backs about, David Ferguson Hartlepool, Mal Benning.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2022, 09:06:35 am by steve@dcfd »
With 16 players and 2 young professionals contracted already. Plus contracts offered to 2 more and GMC wants to bring in 2/3 maybe 4 new players and Loans then he couldn’t and shouldn’t have kept everybody.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 07, 2022, 09:22:18 am by Copps is Magic »
Gradner could not pass a ball to a friendly player. Hasani made his debut under Ferguson, right? I think I was there at Luton away - he obviously hasn't kicked on since then.

Fej surprises me. He's a 1 in 4 striker. Not terrific but we haven't got anything else close to that. I hope there's a plan there.

I hope Barlow is not on this list just because his contract ends in July.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 07, 2022, 09:25:41 am by Campsall rover »
I am also surprised Horton has not got another year.
Local lad so maybe a bit bias but he always gave 100% and we need a back up left back / wing back so he would have fit the bill.
He is not on much money and i would have thought he would be happy to stay with maybe a small increase in his wage.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 07, 2022, 11:46:06 am by pigeonhole »
He’s utter bobbins, though. He had no idea what was going on over his shoulder and time and time again players ran off him and we conceded. We need much much better.

Looking at the way McSheffrey has set up his teams so far, it looks like fullbacks are going to be key.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 07, 2022, 12:01:19 pm by Campsall rover »
He’s utter bobbins, though. He had no idea what was going on over his shoulder and time and time again players ran off him and we conceded. We need much much better.

Looking at the way McSheffrey has set up his teams so far, it looks like fullbacks are going to be key.
Don’t think Horton knew where he was supposed to be at times. It was do i stick or twist. No one was covering for him when he ventured forward. Poor coaching from Wellens and Hunt imo.

Yes the full backs will be important. Think we will see a very different Kyle Knoyle next season. I think Tommy Rowe may get used as a wing back as will Knoyle.
Think we will have 2 systems of playing depending on the opposition. Just my gut feeling.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 07, 2022, 12:06:31 pm by Move DRFC »
Horton is useless, every team targeted him. Thank god we got rid. Think people just want him to be good or view him with rose tinted glasses cos he is a youth team product.

Nobody rated Jackson (who wasn’t great admittedly) but he was a better player than Horton.

Looking forward to getting a proper left back in and seeing Rowe in an attacking role as he could go wild in L2 in the right set up.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 07, 2022, 12:13:42 pm by Campsall rover »
Horton is useless, every team targeted him. Thank god we got rid. Think people just want him to be good or view him with rose tinted glasses cos he is a youth team product.

Nobody rated Jackson (who wasn’t great admittedly) but he was a better player than Horton.

Looking forward to getting a proper left back in and seeing Rowe in an attacking role as he could go wild in L2 in the right set up.
Disagree I thought Jackson was hopeless.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 07, 2022, 01:28:01 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Look at the state of our team when Horton was playing. The whole team should have been released the way they were playing in that period. Cruel to judge one player on that period and not all the others.

Jackson was no better really he offered nothing going forward. No one is saying Horton is 1st choice just that he might have been worth another year to provide depth and maybe if he gets chance in a better organised side he might take it.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 07, 2022, 03:07:33 pm by steve@dcfd »
Was Horton or Jackson as good as James or Andrew or even a fit John the answer is no. We are going backwards in the level supporters accept. We need a good left back end of story.
It’s not just about Horton we contracts six young lads last summer none have proved good enough bad decisions were made. There are contracted players and players we are hoping give a contract to that are a good level below players we had. We can’t do a lot about contract players and there will be hope they can get better.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 03:10:54 pm by steve@dcfd »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012