Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:08:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bostock  (Read 11355 times)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Re: Bostock
« Reply #30 on June 01, 2022, 02:25:51 pm by danumdon »
Good player that he his, was never a good fit for us. A team in our situation needs to extract every last bit of quality, energy, pace, assists, goals and fitness from its leading players, how often could we say for JB that we got a good or high proportion of any of the elements from him?

This being the case him going should allow us to concentrate his wages on individuals who can provide a higher proportion of the required elements. in the immediate to mid term that will serve us far better.

Thanks for your efforts John, i doubt we will come across your efforts in the short term.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 01, 2022, 02:37:26 pm by Bessie Red »
Good he has left. Little end product in terms of goals and assists, luxury player, not going to be up for it on a cold winter's evening away at Barrow in my opinion so good riddance. Neither him or Bogle have lived up to the billing, and whilst Bostock has been great in flashes, hasn't done 90 mins regularly, been injury prone and think he isan't what we need for league two, given his wages aswell, think it will free up money for players better equipped for league two.

Transitioning isn't a luxury. Genuinely don't understand people who call him a luxury player.

Tell me how he hasn't been? In 16 months, how many games, how many assists, how many goals, how much end product and success? Whiteman's so called replacement, great back passes and sideways passes akin to Ray Wilkins, but what else did he do??? Probably half a dozen good to very good performances in that time, i call that luxury.

His game wasn't about goals and assists, his game was about transition. He linked the defence to the more forward thinking players and was brilliant positionally, he stopped numerous attacks just by being in the right place. He was good at the stuff you don't see on the BBC Sport results page but his presence influenced our performances massively.

[/quote
At one point mid season he had the most interceptions for a mid fielder in Lge 1.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 01, 2022, 02:57:44 pm by GazLaz »
Always a pretty long odds on chance to leave.

I’m his biggest fan but him leaving could be a blessing in disguise. GM is likely to have played JB and AC as a double pivot, the way he deployed them at the end of last season, I don’t think that would have been in the best interest of the team when we will be expected to win most weeks. John leaving could free up the midfield a bit.

Recruitment in this area becomes interesting now. Clayton, Close and Biggins look the be the three first choice boys in there now, what kind of player do you add in that area to strengthen the squad? It will be an interesting one to look out for.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 01, 2022, 03:10:12 pm by Metalmicky »
I think a fit Clayton could be more used to us in Div 2 that Bostock would be...... think we'll see him at a high end Div 1 team - possibly Wednesday.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 01, 2022, 04:17:24 pm by phil old leake »
I can only go by what I read on hear and in the papers but on the comments on here and the way our season panned out I don’t really care who stays because if half of what is written on hear is half true none of them deserve the privilege of calling themselves professional footballers

I be wouldn’t imagine him leaving will have any major impact

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 01, 2022, 04:17:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Before we can decide what we need, we need to know the manager’s preference for formation. If it’s 4-4-2, then we need more, maybe 2 or 3. Taylor, Close, Biggins, Clayton and Rowe for starters, but we need 3 adding to those, so we’re covered. You could add, say, Seaman to that list, as he’s more a midfielder than a full back.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 01, 2022, 04:27:29 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Bostick has come unstuck.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 01, 2022, 04:32:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
Clearly a talented player, but missed a lot of games for whatever reason. I think his attitude is not necessarily the best. Can play when he wants to. Talks a good game though. No great loss IMHO.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 01, 2022, 05:21:59 pm by Branton Rover »
Yes a very good player but his talent would be wasted in League Two & he’s not what we need either we need a certain type ala Gary Brabin, Kevin Hulme or a Jimmy Kelly type a grafter who plays every game and puts all in & not afraid to put his foot in.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 01, 2022, 05:22:25 pm by GazLaz »
Clearly a talented player, but missed a lot of games for whatever reason. I think his attitude is not necessarily the best. Can play when he wants to. Talks a good game though. No great loss IMHO.

I think his attitude has been first class, seems a really good guy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 01, 2022, 05:24:10 pm by silent majority »
I think I’m with you Donnywolf I’ll be surprised if T Rowe stays unless he’s on some really good contract

But he is contracted to us, major difference!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 01, 2022, 05:33:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Before we can decide what we need, we need to know the manager’s preference for formation. If it’s 4-4-2, then we need more, maybe 2 or 3. Taylor, Close, Biggins, Clayton and Rowe for starters, but we need 3 adding to those, so we’re covered. You could add, say, Seaman to that list, as he’s more a midfielder than a full back.

Will be either 3-5-2 or a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 01, 2022, 05:38:25 pm by EasyforDennis »
I think I’m with you Donnywolf I’ll be surprised if T Rowe stays unless he’s on some really good contract

But we all know contracts mean very little if a player wants to leave.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 01, 2022, 05:47:24 pm by scawsby steve »

But we all know contracts mean very little if a player wants to leave.

That's right, but the club he goes to will still have to pay a transfer fee.

There's no way they'll get Tommy for nothing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 01, 2022, 05:56:15 pm by Filo »
Disappointed, quality player, however he was in the team that got relegated, didn’t fancy trying to put it right, I wonder if God advised him, after the last advise from him the man that signed him f**ked off!

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 01, 2022, 06:14:03 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Good he has left. Little end product in terms of goals and assists, luxury player, not going to be up for it on a cold winter's evening away at Barrow in my opinion so good riddance. Neither him or Bogle have lived up to the billing, and whilst Bostock has been great in flashes, hasn't done 90 mins regularly, been injury prone and think he isan't what we need for league two, given his wages aswell, think it will free up money for players better equipped for league two.

Transitioning isn't a luxury. Genuinely don't understand people who call him a luxury player.

Tell me how he hasn't been? In 16 months, how many games, how many assists, how many goals, how much end product and success? Whiteman's so called replacement, great back passes and sideways passes akin to Ray Wilkins, but what else did he do??? Probably half a dozen good to very good performances in that time, i call that luxury.

His game wasn't about goals and assists, his game was about transition. He linked the defence to the more forward thinking players and was brilliant positionally, he stopped numerous attacks just by being in the right place. He was good at the stuff you don't see on the BBC Sport results page but his presence influenced our performances massively.

He transitioned nothing. He was injury prone, hardly played 90 minutes and played in one of our worst performing teams for decades. As I have said elsewhere he will be no good on.a cold winters evening away at Barrow and has flattered to deceive in 16 months. So your argument is based on positional sense, cos he can't tackle,  not renouned for his aerial ability or arriving into the box, very little forward thinking final output and has no pace. I call transitioning and positional.sense a luxury, especially in league Two!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:07:54 pm by Donny Exile in York »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 01, 2022, 07:04:23 pm by roversdude »
He seemed a good influence on those around him, I really liked him but lost a lot of respect when he screamed and rolled about only to be up and running when he never got a free kick (yeah I know it seems to be part of the game now)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 01, 2022, 07:16:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Tommy Rowe's 34 not long after the season starts, no one's paying a fee for him. He'll be playing for us next season.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 01, 2022, 07:39:26 pm by keith79 »
I thought we had a option for a further year on his contract. What does that even mean?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 01, 2022, 08:00:06 pm by drfchound »
Not a lot really.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 01, 2022, 08:01:51 pm by Pliskin »
As talented as he is, he wouldn't have likely started more than 30 league games next season. He would be a luxury player for that reason alone. Hopefully we can put those wages to better use.

He could well be suited to playing at a bigger club who can afford to have someone like him rotated in and out of their starting XI to manage his minutes.

Good luck to him. He's a good player and seems like a decent bloke.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 01, 2022, 08:29:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Good player so it's a big loss but it's better it's sorted now. Concentrate on getting in another in that position who we can trust to play 30+ games and has a bit more room to develop while not been a total rookie.

Hope we don't replace him with loanees i'm not a fan of been reliant on them in the spine of the team.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 01, 2022, 08:37:34 pm by LincolnDonny »
No loss what so ever.

get over it

look at how long he stays anywhere?

hope he has a discount rail card

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 01, 2022, 09:11:41 pm by JonWallsend »
I liked him. His quality was obvious however, given that, I wanted/expected to see him dominating games and that never really materialised although I do think our better performances were with Bostwick in the team. Not surprised and not gutted but I do think we would be a better league 2 team with him in it. See who comes through the door

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 01, 2022, 10:48:50 pm by Jonathan »
Next, Tommy Roe

There’s something a bit fishy about that post.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 01, 2022, 10:54:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Always a pretty long odds on chance to leave.

I’m his biggest fan but him leaving could be a blessing in disguise. GM is likely to have played JB and AC as a double pivot, the way he deployed them at the end of last season, I don’t think that would have been in the best interest of the team when we will be expected to win most weeks. John leaving could free up the midfield a bit.

Recruitment in this area becomes interesting now. Clayton, Close and Biggins look the be the three first choice boys in there now, what kind of player do you add in that area to strengthen the squad? It will be an interesting one to look out for.

They are a good bunch but Clayton turns 34 this season, Close as I pointed out last week has no track record whatsoever of lasting a season full of games, and Biggins has not played a single minute for us yet. It’s an uncertain midfield.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 01, 2022, 11:40:43 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
As much as Bostock was a quality player on the ball, I do think we need a different midfield. We need players who threaten with late runs and score and create goals. Smith is the same for all the endeavour no end product.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 02, 2022, 08:55:04 am by roversdude »
Next, Tommy Roe

There’s something a bit fishy about that post.

Oh dear

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 02, 2022, 09:14:13 am by Chris Black come back »
I am assuming that those players where we had an option and are taking it up, will stay (Anderson, Jones and Bottomley) in addition to Barlow and Faulkner who signed new terms. Our 21 man contracted squad looks like this now:

Jonathan Mitchell
Louis Jones
Ben Bottomley

Kyle Knoyle
Ollie Younger
Joseph Olowu
Bobby Faulkner
Tom Anderson
Ro-Shaun Williams

Harrison Biggins
Adam Clayton
Ben Close
Tommy Rowe
Liam Ravenhill
Jon Taylor
Jordy Hiwula
Charlie Seaman
Aidan Barlow

Joe Dodoo
Kieran Agard
Reo Griffiths

We have no left back and also no goals in there. Rumours continue that Hiwula and Dodoo are wanted elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 12:15:38 pm by Chris Black come back »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 02, 2022, 10:15:12 am by DonnyOsmond »
6 needed minimum.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012