Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:52:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Goodwin DFP  (Read 9373 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Goodwin DFP
« Reply #90 on June 13, 2022, 10:06:24 pm by DearneValleyRover »
They are all brilliant and spending other peoples money yet not one of them has put a business plan forward

Lol... business plan !!

There are many people who put far more of their disposable income into this club
than  anyone on the board, yet expected to do it again after a disastrous season.

Nothing is expected, you have a choice, stop dragging that tripe up and before you start I put as much as any other fan does

Stop dragging what tripe up ?

Disposable income

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on June 14, 2022, 12:44:40 pm by graingrover »
I have sent Paul Goodwin a personal twitter message regretting any hurt my comments caused him personally .He had messaged me to point out I was wrong to say he was copying a DRFC interview with Rowe when in fact that interview had been held at a press conference .
I always make a point of making a distinction between criticising people as opposed to their action ( or inaction) but unfortunately in this case I failed which I regret .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 14, 2022, 12:47:05 pm by roversdude »
Fair enough graingrover - I apologise too as I thought it was cut and paste

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on June 15, 2022, 08:12:34 pm by graingrover »
The latest DFP article breaks new ground in my view .The interview Goodwin had with Copps was in depth and one thing stands out loud and clear .That is Copps’ statement that we are a SELF SUSTAiNING club .
Previously we have been told the importance of Club Doncaster contributions but I always understood that the Board were still having to put in a million or two each season .

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on June 15, 2022, 08:47:16 pm by Jonathan »
I have sent Paul Goodwin a personal twitter message regretting any hurt my comments caused him personally .He had messaged me to point out I was wrong to say he was copying a DRFC interview with Rowe when in fact that interview had been held at a press conference .
I always make a point of making a distinction between criticising people as opposed to their action ( or inaction) but unfortunately in this case I failed which I regret .

Fair play to you for this acknowledgement.

Like I said before I think the DFP guys do the best they can with what’s available in the face of shrinking teams and budgets in their own departments. Working for a Local Authority I know exactly how hard that can feel at times!

For the local news outlets you can’t always provide fresh content in the close season in these circumstances. But today shows the value when there’s a chance to sit down with someone like James Coppinger, and it makes for an interesting read.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on June 15, 2022, 08:50:12 pm by roversdude »
Credit where it’s due, good interview well done PG

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on June 15, 2022, 09:56:13 pm by ncRover »
By the sound of the words of McSheffrey and Copps today in terms of transfers, they’re trying to avoid another Hiwula / Dodoo mercenary type being signed.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on June 16, 2022, 04:51:27 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Are they mercenaries or are they just moves that haven’t worked out?. Dodoo has been played out of position most of the time and Hiwula seemed to lose confidence and didn’t get many games after that. Dodoo scored a few goals in a very poor team. He was a free transfer. I don’t think he’s lacked in effort so maybe deserves more respect than he has received.

Hiwula nobody really knows why a player that has scored goals wherever he has played just hasn’t worked out. He had problems with Covid, has he recovered properly. Has he struggled mentally, nobody knows do they?.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on June 16, 2022, 12:43:39 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I made the point about the Rowe interview originally and was duly shot down and now we have this one with Copps which does probe into his role in more detail and seems well done.

A journalist working for a local paper has a tight rope to walk. If he is seen as hostile he risks losing his contacts, so he has to carefully manage his credibility with the club as well as with his readers.

Those who contribute here don't have to worry too much about upsetting people.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on June 16, 2022, 04:38:59 pm by graingrover »
Forsolong ..I try when criticising to limit my criticism to an action or lack of action by the individual and not to the individual him or herself .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on June 16, 2022, 04:58:04 pm by roversdude »
Forsolong some posters on here thrive on upsetting people

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on June 16, 2022, 10:00:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Good on you Graing. Takes a big man to hold his hand up when required.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 17, 2022, 06:16:36 am by no eyed deer »
Forsolong some posters on here thrive on upsetting people

Here here Roversdud

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on June 17, 2022, 07:58:01 am by steve@dcfd »
The latest DFP article breaks new ground in my view .The interview Goodwin had with Copps was in depth and one thing stands out loud and clear .That is Copps’ statement that we are a SELF SUSTAiNING club .
Previously we have been told the importance of Club Doncaster contributions but I always understood that the Board were still having to put in a million or two each season .
In September last year Gavin Baldwin said in an interview that the funds were now coming from Club Doncaster and the owner would not need to put money in.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on June 17, 2022, 08:39:57 am by graingrover »
Come Week 3 we would hope to have everyone back.”!!!
Does that mean Close and others will not be fit to start training with the others ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on June 17, 2022, 08:46:13 am by Chris Black come back »
Usual rule of thumb applies - after an initial vaguely positive prognosis, if it goes quiet on a player, they are probably not going to be seen in anger for another 6-9 months.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on June 17, 2022, 11:01:06 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Usual rule of thumb applies - after an initial vaguely positive prognosis, if it goes quiet on a player, they are probably not going to be seen in anger for another 6-9 months.

So true. If this kind of talk is going on as we enter preseason proper I'm resigned that they won't be available 1st game of the season.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on June 17, 2022, 12:03:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Come Week 3 we would hope to have everyone back.”!!!
Does that mean Close and others will not be fit to start training with the others ?

2 of them got married so it might refer to them just to put a less negative spin on things

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on June 17, 2022, 12:19:01 pm by ncRover »
I think it’s going to be more loans than permanents now coming after that part 2 interview.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on June 17, 2022, 12:24:51 pm by knockers »

2 of them got married so it might refer to them just to put a less negative spin on things
[/quote]

I hope they don’t have a lovers tiff mid match!

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on June 17, 2022, 02:12:03 pm by ForsolongaRover »
As fans we understand that players are not like machines which you can forecast how long it takes to repair them. But in general the path back to fitness and playing is linked to the type of injury and standard treatment and recovery. It won’t always run to plan, but in most cases it should.

In DRFC’s recent history this has not happened in any of the long-term injured players. Mystery has shrouded almost all the injuries. Obviously, medical diagnosis is not an exact science, but experience is wide ranging and should be fairly definitive. So it is difficult to accept that it seems that not only have all the long-term player injuries at the club been misdiagnosed, but that this has not been recognised until the player has broken down in rehabilitation.

This is a question which has not been satisfactorily answered by management. Copps should be questioned about this specifically.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on June 17, 2022, 02:39:13 pm by ravenrover »
Reo dropping into his interview My achilles feels a lot better having had some rest, I’ve been doing a lot of work throughout the summer so I’m sure I’m good to go !!!!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on June 17, 2022, 02:53:28 pm by steve@dcfd »
Surely if he had an Achilles problem since the end of last seen then he should have been checked over the summer break. Let’s hope we’ve learnt from last season from Taylor and Okenabirhie who reported back injuries

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on June 17, 2022, 04:51:40 pm by Janso »
In September last year Gavin Baldwin said in an interview that the funds were now coming from Club Doncaster and the owner would not need to put money in.

Not needing to does not equal won't. But of course you have to feed your negative agenda.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on June 17, 2022, 06:37:07 pm by DearneValleyRover »

I hope they don’t have a lovers tiff mid match!
[/quote]

Me neither although it would be more entertaining than last season

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on June 17, 2022, 10:21:16 pm by no eyed deer »

Not needing to does not equal won't. But of course you have to feed your negative agenda.

??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012