Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:25:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Huddersfield game  (Read 12891 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Huddersfield game
« on July 14, 2022, 10:11:17 am by steve@dcfd »
After the latest injury update players
unavailable for Huddersfield and Rotherham games Anderson, Knoyle, Close, Barlow, Taylor, Andrews. Are out and Clayton ? So out of the 21/22 contracted players we have 14 players and Clayton? That includes 2 goal keepers.
We have 5 defenders including Seaman and Faulkner plus a Trialist left back so that’s 6.
We have 4 centre midfield players including Clayton?
Forward players now we have 4 plus Trialists.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Huddersfield game
« Reply #1 on July 14, 2022, 10:16:34 am by selby »
  Big test for some of the players, just what they want.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 14, 2022, 02:57:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
So on Saturday if we don’t sign any more players then the eleven to start the best?? we can put out without Trialists and the 6/7 injured players is
Mitchell Seaman Younger Williams Olowu Biggins Ravenhill Molyneux Miller Griffiths Rowe
Subs Jones Faulkner Agard.

Now I appreciate we will play Trialists or U18s teams do, we certainly do as RW had to do last year and GMC as got to do this year.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 05:12:09 pm by steve@dcfd »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 14, 2022, 05:20:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
It looks like the interest in this game and Rotherham game is not what was expected.
Looks I’ll have to change our three tickets for Saturdays Game.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/ticket-update-for-home-friendlies/

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 14, 2022, 05:25:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It looks like the interest in this game and Rotherham game is not what was expected.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/ticket-update-for-home-friendlies/

Why don't they close the East Stand? It'll put more people off by having sun in their eyes.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 14, 2022, 05:30:20 pm by glosterred »

Why don't they close the East Stand? It'll put more people off by having sun in their eyes.

I take it the south stand will be open, if so might go sit in there.

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 14, 2022, 05:39:31 pm by drfchound »
There will be some people turning up who won’t know that their West Stand ticket will not allow them into the stadium.
I doubt that the East Stand will be packed out so why not just allow people to go into the stadium with unallocated seating.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 14, 2022, 05:45:30 pm by 5minstogo »
It's simple, I wouldn't have bought a ticket for the East stand. Literally received my West stand ticket this morning.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 14, 2022, 05:59:54 pm by roversdude »
Can’t understand why they use the East Stand and not the West as said previously the sun will be in everyone’s eyes

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 14, 2022, 06:00:21 pm by ravenrover »
Lovely, collect your tickets before the game, wonder what the queue is going to be like don't forget the sun tan lotion dark glasses and a hat just as the hot weather is coming back

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 14, 2022, 06:05:48 pm by rich1471 »
The problem is the cost of living will hit alot of people hard,If you go to both home games with travel costs plus a pint it will be the best part of £25 per match  ,can see numbers down on fans traveling as well this season

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 14, 2022, 06:51:46 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The prices at our stadium are reasonable for tickets but the club has to realise the area on the whole isn’t affluent. They will need a few creative ideas doubling tickets up etc. value for money needs to be given with portion sizes on food, I know this is sub contracted but Yorkshire folk expect value for money.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 14, 2022, 07:03:28 pm by roversdude »
Is it possible to change to the Black Bank and slum it ?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 14, 2022, 07:08:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
It’s about interest Friendlies why bother. Season ticket holders I’ve already paid why pay for friendlies. People just turn up on the day instead of going to ticket office before. Cost of living going up why spend my £5 plus getting there petrol wise. What has the club done to improve the side yes 4 decent signings one being a loan. No improvement in the defence at all from last season. Signings dried up anc we are looking at 20 year olds as GMC says we can’t afford the older ones wages. Still got abundance of injuries some continuing from last season. So the average supporter who got turned off last season will take some turning back on again. Now this won’t go down well with people on this board because alot will accept anything as long as we got a club.
This time last year when RW had signed players but couldn’t get anymore quality ones he spent the budget. Therefore what about GMC and Copps and yes you will say we have plenty of time wrong two weeks is our first game and we may not have enough fit players to put 18 players out. The common denominator is DBlunt and the self sufficient budget it’s not working. But people will cheer when we sign a 20 year full back from Rangers reserves or left side attacking player again 20 from Birmingham City.
Then questions are asked why people won’t support friendlies, by the way I’ve got my ticket.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 14, 2022, 07:24:47 pm by jmt23 »
 :silly: why bother indeed.

For me it’s about seeing new players and how they fit into the team. You may dis the incomings but from what I’ve seen and read they are all good/ very good additions that add to what we had to compete last year.
It’s also about the match day ritual coming back, an excitement that I and my son have missed- even as bad as we were last year/ 2 years.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 14, 2022, 07:31:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
:silly: why bother indeed.

For me it’s about seeing new players and how they fit into the team. You may dis the incomings but from what I’ve seen and read they are all good/ very good additions that add to what we had to compete last year.
It’s also about the match day ritual coming back, an excitement that I and my son have missed- even as bad as we were last year/ 2 years.

I’ve not dised the signings. There’s not enough. The reasons I’m going tomorrow is the same as you. Am  I getting more confident the way this preaseason is going I would say No. Same as I wasn’t confident with last preseason. So I can see reasons why people will not come

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 14, 2022, 07:32:49 pm by roversdude »
Quite right jmt

Not exactly excited by signing a 20 year old but signing a decent left back regardless of his age is surely a step forward

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 14, 2022, 08:16:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
 Not sure if I'm going yet, but if I do  my main objective would be assessing and familiarising myself with the new players.

For me though, preseason friendlies have become less attractive as teams put out teams who are less and less likely to be anything like their first starting XI, and with the number of subs used, the competitiveness (as far as friendlies go) of the match makes it more of a 'going through the motions' affair in order to give players minutes.

As we've seen in the past, playing higher ranked XIs means bugger all, as often we get a mix of first teamers and youth players.

Some clubs have had the luxury of virtually changing their entire team at half time.

If I go, I don't expect to get that much out of it, and the result is meaningless. If we win, then folk will say, it's just a friendly and they didn't put their strongest team out. If we get beat, folk will say 'We're doomed!

Maybe very cynical of me, but you get the drift. I really do hope the game is competitive and we see evidence of the new talent emerging.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 08:18:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 14, 2022, 08:40:12 pm by elmsallrover »
Not going to sit in the east stand with the sun blazing in my eyes the club said that the last time it happened that they would look into it looks like they haven't

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 14, 2022, 08:46:44 pm by Spud »
I'd have probably gone plus 2or three but not in the east stand this time of year particularly.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 14, 2022, 08:51:20 pm by roversdude »
Could SM or Derek from the Shadow Board ask why the East Stand is used considering the visibility problems

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 14, 2022, 08:54:48 pm by drfchound »
It could be because of the corporate boxes being on that side plus the opportunity for the club to get people into the Legends Lounge , obviously spending money in there.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 14, 2022, 08:57:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It could be because of the corporate boxes being on that side plus the opportunity for the club to get people into the Legends Lounge , obviously spending money in there.

Commercial activities > being able to see the football game

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 14, 2022, 08:58:24 pm by 5minstogo »
Club have said you can have a refund if you don't want to relocate seats. Just give the ticket office a call.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 14, 2022, 09:01:40 pm by drfchound »

Commercial activities > being able to see the football game

Yep, I agree but which do you think the club would favour.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 14, 2022, 09:10:21 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I won’t be bothering, mainly because of the amount of trialists that get played, not likely to see a strong team played for most of the game.

I just don’t find friendlies interesting, it’s hard to get exited for them, if it was to see an outstanding player from the opposition, or a good new ground, that may twist my arm, but this pre season just doesn’t get me exited, we have recruited ok, but again not anyone I won’t mind waiting until the season opener to see.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 14, 2022, 09:17:41 pm by Lincoln Rover »
With reference to the question as to why the East stand is being used…..
My understanding is the club have gone for the most “like for like”stand.
The club I feel certain, will happily accommodate the ones that don’t wish to move from the West stand.
I always sit in the West stand & I fully understand peoples frustrations, however I can see why, on this occasion the East stand has been chosen as the most comparable alternative.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 14, 2022, 09:31:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Club have said you can have a refund if you don't want to relocate seats. Just give the ticket office a call.

I think the main issue here is that people want to WATCH the game, not squint at it.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 14, 2022, 09:54:38 pm by 5minstogo »

I think the main issue here is that people want to WATCH the game, not squint at it.

100% agree. That's why I'll be returning my tickets. Potentially 35 degrees on Tuesday, not ideal being out in that with limited access to shade.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 14, 2022, 10:46:25 pm by roversdude »
Exactly DO we were all set to get tickets in the East Stand when the ground opened, fortunately the sun was out the day we went so we ended up in the West Stand

TinyPortal © 2005-2012