Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:15:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: George Miller  (Read 11836 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: George Miller
« Reply #90 on November 16, 2022, 09:24:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He’s got 7 non penalty goals in 16 league games. That’s ok but not breathtaking is it?

That equates to 20 non-penalty goals over a 46 game season. Which I think would have been bettered by only Marquis in the past 45 years.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 16, 2022, 10:23:00 am by GazLaz »
He’s got 7 non penalty goals in 16 league games. That’s ok but not breathtaking is it?

That equates to 20 non-penalty goals over a 46 game season. Which I think would have been bettered by only Marquis in the past 45 years.

20 in the season would obviously be excellent. It’s a far better achievement than 7 in 16 as you know, even though the rate is the same. I’ll not get into his net overall contribution to the team due to adding nothing but goals. Having said that since JS joined there are signs that Millers contribution to the team is increasing. Hopefully his all round game gets even better as the season progresses.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on November 16, 2022, 10:43:16 am by Chris Black come back »
Bigger issue is that if Miller is injured then we have Griffiths (scored 2 in 20 for us) and Agard (only ever completed 90mins on 4 occasions for us, and 2 of these were his first 2 games appearances for us, and is 33).

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 16, 2022, 11:14:37 am by Bessie Red »
Think youre being a bit disingenuous there Gaz. He still has to hit the back of the net from a pen. A penalty is probably more of a pressure situation than scoring from open play because alot of the time open play goals are just instinctive finishes where the striker doesnt have to think. If he ends up with 25, which is entirely possible, and 6 or 7 are pens then I would say that is a very good return for our main striker.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on November 16, 2022, 11:21:40 am by ravenrover »
Why talk about non penalty goals? A goal is a goal, tell Harry Kane or Mo Salah that penalties don't count  next time they have the chance of the golden boot. Wont be for a while I guess while that Citeh chappie stays fit

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on November 16, 2022, 12:05:11 pm by Canadian Rover »
Bogle
Cukur
Dodoo

Miller

Let's be thankful for what we have now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 16, 2022, 01:07:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bogle has 7 in 18 league games and Miller has 9 in 16 league games. Not too far apart.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on November 16, 2022, 02:16:05 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Bogle has 7 in 18 league games and Miller has 9 in 16 league games. Not too far apart.

A million miles.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on November 16, 2022, 02:43:47 pm by selby »
  Give credit where it is due, George is not playing in the best side we have ever had, at least not in this season up to press, is a grafter, and has scored his share of goals and works tirelessly for the team, as well as taking a few well taken headers in the area.
  He is also improving the quality of his runs through the lines of defence, keep it up and he could go on to be a very good player, especially as he has more confidence to shoot with his left peg. He will only get better playing games.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on November 16, 2022, 02:54:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
He is surprisingly good in the air.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on November 16, 2022, 03:01:33 pm by philsky »

He is surprisingly good in the air.

Hold up play is getting better with every match

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on November 16, 2022, 03:11:25 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
“He’ll chase a crisp bag on a windy day”. Quote attributed to Copps by the commentator today.

Depends on the flavour IMHO.  If it's cheese and onion or prawn cocktail, it can f**k off with the wind..
Of all of the outlandish, outrageous and inflammatory comments I've read on this forum, not liking Cheese and Onion crisps is by far and away the worst. I hope the mods see this and issue the appropriate ban.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on November 16, 2022, 09:48:22 pm by IDM »
Cheese and onion -  b*llocks to that..

Back on thread - penalties count, simples..

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on November 16, 2022, 09:53:59 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He's got a very good return (even if you only count open play) considering the level of coaching we had before DS joined. 

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on November 16, 2022, 10:19:40 pm by GazLaz »
Why talk about non penalty goals? A goal is a goal, tell Harry Kane or Mo Salah that penalties don't count  next time they have the chance of the golden boot. Wont be for a while I guess while that Citeh chappie stays fit

Obviously it counts as a goal. They cloud the numbers when it comes to judging a players ability though.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on November 16, 2022, 10:34:03 pm by Silkscarf »
Cheese and onion -  b*llocks to that..

Back on thread - penalties count, simples..

Seabrooks CnO. The finest crisps ever. Though I preferred them before they went crinkle-cut. Idler will back me up here.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on November 17, 2022, 03:47:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He would probably have around fifteen, if the new signings we got had worked out, as well as they should have.
As it is he personally has done well, the team not quite so well. Let’s hope last week’s win is the start of an upturn in form.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on November 17, 2022, 05:57:26 am by mpc123 »

20 in the season would obviously be excellent. It’s a far better achievement than 7 in 16 as you know, even though the rate is the same. I’ll not get into his net overall contribution to the team due to adding nothing but goals. Having said that since JS joined there are signs that Millers contribution to the team is increasing. Hopefully his all round game gets even better as the season progresses.

I think he has done amazing considering under GM the ball didn't come near him for many games.

It's unfair on stats this season to say he doesn't contribute enough when under GM he was totally isolated, he still made the same runs.

7 in 16 + pens so far us great considering what situation he has been in.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on November 17, 2022, 11:11:18 am by Colin C No.3 »
I feel his first hat trick coming this Saturday.

I know Colchester have only lost 3 home games & by the odd goal but they’re not bottom for nothing & if we can play as we did last week they are there for the taking.

George is on fire, his confidence levels must be sky high, I bet he can’t wait for kick off time.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on November 17, 2022, 12:35:58 pm by Bessie Red »

Obviously it counts as a goal. They cloud the numbers when it comes to judging a players ability though.
Ultimately a strikers ability should be judged mainly on the number of goals he scores (incl penalties). Lineker didnt tend to contribute much to a game yet you would always want him your starting 11 just in the knowledge that he is more than likely going to score. GM is rightly ranked (ability wise based on the no of goals scored) in the top 5 strikers in League 2. Whether he would be as highly ranked in Lge 1 is open to debate.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on November 19, 2022, 04:20:19 am by Bailey Vickerage »
When the players were having shooting practice before yesterday’s match Miller wasn’t taking part he was stood perhaps 8 yards out from the goal and trying to knock in any rebounds/saves the keepers made. I’ve never seen it done before any pre match warm up
he’s been doing that in the warm up since schofield came in, another good idea by Schofield and the rest of the coaching staff.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on November 19, 2022, 07:24:21 pm by drfchound »
We have to have shots that get to the keeper before we need Miller to knock in the rebounds.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012